Chris Johnson calling Gase a "brilliant offensive mind" is offensive

Alka

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Chris Johnson is a trust fund baby who doesn't know the first damn thing about football.  The very idea that he can identify a brilliant offensive mind is laughable.  Him and his brother are in over their head.  I thought the Wilpons were worse but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

Also, how many times do these guys have to fail until they fix the reporting structure?  Owner --> GM --> HC.  For the love of all things sacred, let Joe Douglas pick the next head coach.

I am a big Mets fan like I am a huge Jets fan.  I despise the Wilpons, because they lost money with Madoff, and Mets fans have to pay the price for them not spending money.  I despise the Wlpons more than I despise the Johnsons.  At least the Johnsons are willing to spend money.

How I got stuck with rooting for both teams and add to the fact that I am a knicks fan, it's like G-d is trying to tell me to spend my time doing something else instead of rooting for sports teams.

Maybe it's time I get the message.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Gase can look at the field, a play, and identify what is happening or even predict what happens next. This a savant. There’s a difference. To CJ this is brilliance, because it is more than he can see. Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean he can SCHEME AGAINST IT. that would be an offensive mind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I agree completely with the OP.  Support your coach with a vote of confidence.  No problem with that.

But to try and convince us that he is an offensive mind is embarrassing and we've been through enough embarrassments with this franchise.

Imagine what the other owners, coaches are thinking when they hear that from our owner.  They must laugh their asses off at how ridiculous it sounds and how easy they have it.  

Chris is an absolute entitled, know nothing, sperm-lottery baby with no real credentials to his name.  

Fire Gase.  Even though it's  been 17 games it's way overdue.

26 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I heard stats about Gase today on ESPN radio that were truly shocking.  During his tenure with the Dolphins and the Jets, he has been at the very bottom in most important offensive categories.  You have to give this guy credit, however.  To have somehow managed to coach two (albeit horrible franchises) NFL teams with absolutely nothing to qualify him for these highly coveted positions, is amazing.  Mike Francesa nailed Chris Johnson perfectly when he called him a "fool."  

To think that Chris Johnson has any standing to identify what a brilliant offensive mind is truly offensive. It is actually derelict of CJ to declare The offensive brilliance of gase without looking at these stats (and taking the trouble to understand them). He is a genius at fooling people that’s it. Gase has hypnotized the afc East management with his mind control eyes. Somehow the dolphins broke loose. 

• Upvote 1

If we had actual reporters covering the team, someone would have followed that up with his offensive rankings over the years and asked, two questions, "What are you basing him being an offensive genius on?" and "What QBs has he worked with in the past that give you the confidence that he is the right coach to work with Darnold?"

The answer to both of these would be Peyton Manning.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The next coach is watching. You have to give the coach support and time or nobody will come here 

this is basic sh*t

Yea, look at Arizona. If they hadn't given Steve Wilks time and support then nobody would want to go there and I can tell you they are really regretting it right now. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

The next coach is watching. You have to give the coach support and time or nobody will come here 

this is basic sh*t

I think you completely missed my point.  I didn't say that Chris Johnson should throw Gase under the bus, I said he shouldn't claim he is the next coming of the messiah.  He could say "I still believe in Gase".  You can say "he is my guy".  You could say, the injuries are preventing the team from getting started on offense.  You could say that we need to give the offense more time to jell.

But to make a declaration that Gase is a brilliant offensive mind is preposterous.  

It's like saying "look at the king's clothes", when he has no clothes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I am a big Mets fan like I am a huge Jets fan.  I despise the Wilpons, because they lost money with Madoff, and Mets fans have to pay the price for them not spending money.  I despise the Wlpons more than I despise the Johnsons.  At least the Johnsons are willing to spend money.

How I got stuck with rooting for both teams and add to the fact that I am a knicks fan, it's like G-d is trying to tell me to spend my time doing something else instead of rooting for sports teams.

Maybe it's time I get the message.

I'm in the same boat bro, I wonder how much being a fan of the Mets, Jets and Knicks has contributed towards my poor mental health.

I feel Fred Wilpon knew baseball well enough, but he was always cheap, even before the Madoff meltdown.  I would argue, however, what truly hurt the Mets financially was all the debt Freddie took on with buying the team, creating SNY and building Citifield,  His unwillingness to invest in the team from personal funds, he somehow found $150M laying around to buy out one of the minority owners last year, was unconscionable.  The Wilpons whine about losing money on the team - however they made plenty on SNY.  The reason why they lost money on the standalone team was due to the tremendous cost of debt service.  That actually brings me to a question - I wonder if SteveCo is buying Citifield as well?  I could imagine the Wilpons trying to eff him over on rent.

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

How would Chris Johnson know what a "brilliant offensive mind" is as he's never been around one since he & Woody have owned the franchise? It would also require Chris (and Woody) to know something about football in order to make that determination.

Maybe he meant the things that come out of Gase's mouth are brilliantly offensive?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

I think you completely missed my point.  I didn't say that Chris Johnson should throw Gase under the bus, I said he shouldn't claim he is the next coming of the messiah.  He could say "I still believe in Gase".  You can say "he is my guy".  You could say, the injuries are preventing the team from getting started on offense.  You could say that we need to give the offense more time to jell.

But to make a declaration that Gase is a brilliant offensive mind is preposterous.  

It's like saying "look at the king's clothes", when he has no clothes.

Cool story 

I like Chris Johnson I really do but...

For Adams Gase to be a "BRILLIANT" offensive mind he should be comfortably be in the TOP 10 of offensive play callers or designers in the entire NFL.

OK.......................................

Well does anybody believe that Adams Gase has shown that he truly is a TOP TEN play caller or designer when he doesn't have Payton Manning under Center?

ANYBODY????????????????????????????????

Idk GIFs | Tenor

So what are we talking about it here....lets just say it was just a dumb statement and leave it at that .....

6 hours ago, TMAC said:

I heard stats about Gase today on ESPN radio that were truly shocking.  During his tenure with the Dolphins and the Jets, he has been at the very bottom in most important offensive categories.  You have to give this guy credit, however.  To have somehow managed to coach two (albeit horrible franchises) NFL teams with absolutely nothing to qualify him for these highly coveted positions, is amazing.  Mike Francesa nailed Chris Johnson perfectly when he called him a "fool."  

Taking Gase over McCarthy was a major head scratcher to me and seeing him coach I have to wonder what CJ thinks when he says Gase is a brilliant offensive mind is baffling. I know Gase coached Peyton Manning in Denver but how much coaching does Peyton Manning really need? He sucked in Miami and his players were happy to see him go, and I think Jets players will fell much the same.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Taking Gase over McCarthy was a major head scratcher to me and seeing him coach I have to wonder what CJ thinks when he says Gase is a brilliant offensive mind is baffling. I know Gase coached Peyton Manning in Denver but how much coaching does Peyton Manning really need? He sucked in Miami and his players were happy to see him go, and I think Jets players will fell much the same.

Not to mention 4 offensive players considered busts or severe under-performers lit it up last year sans Gase 

11 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

That was our chance to get a legitimate candidate in here. Jets typically get guys gunning for their first HC job or guys with no other options. We got lucky that McCarthy lost out on a fluke game of coaching musical chairs and was there for the taking. Guy literally was there for all of Aaron Rogers career as a starter. How the Hell so we mess that up?

10 hours ago, Alka said:

Don't tell me the sky is purple when it's blue.  Don't tell me that the world will life in peace and harmony when it doesn't.  Don't tell me that there is no racism in the world when there is.  And don't tell me that Gase is a "brilliant offensive mind" when he hasn't proven that he is.

I feel betrayed by Chris Johnson shoving the narrative down our throats that Gase is a briiliant offensive mind.  It's like Johnson wants to quell any talk or thoughts by Jets fans that he will in any way get rid of Gase.  

Injuries happen, players who you think would be good end up not being good, you lose games for hundreds of reasons.  It is what it is.

But when you are lied to your face and everyone knows that it's a lie, then it's like the person telling you the lie is basically saying "I don't care what you think, you are meaningless".  I am in control, I have the power, and all of you don't.  Gase is a brilliant offensive mind, and I am the only one who matters, and that is the way it is.  If you don't like it, tough.

The narrative by Mr. Johnson is the toughest pill to swallow for me, because the only thing I really expect from the team I root for is honesty.  If we stink, say we stink.  If the head coach is not getting the job done, then say "Gase is my guy".  I don't mind that, because that can be true.  Telling us Gase is a brilliant offensive mind when he hasn't shown Jets fans or anyone else who follows the NFL is purely offensive.

Johnson is gaslighting the Jet fan base.  Not cool.

For those who don’t know gaslighting is the practice of telling a lie over and over that the person being lied to (ie Jet fans) question their own sanity.

”Hey we’re being told again that Gase is an offensive genius when my own eyes see an offense that might as well have Todd Bowles as HC, also the STATS recited by Mike Greenberg today are beyond abysmal.”

There should be a bylaw within the NFL...if you weigh less than 99lbs you’re disqualified from owning an NFL franchise.

This Johnson reign of terror is going to be as bad as the Wilpons and the Mets.

• Sympathy 1

The Johnsons are worse than the Wilpons (who have an excuse-Madoff ravaged them) and are trying hard to out-incompetent James Dolan of the Knicks.  If the League cared at all bout the Jets, which they obviously do not, they would step in like they did with the Giants, and force the Johnsons to give up control of the franchise and put it into the hands of someone truly competent.

• Upvote 1