Give this back to us!

7 hours ago, Young Jetty said:

I never understood the Jeremy Bates hate. Darnold and McCown looked good in that offense.

Imagine if he had 2 more years to work with Darnold.

I think Gase’s offense is too complex. We need someone that can taylor an offense to Darnold’s strengths.

For all the complexity talk of Gase’s offense...

I see a lot of dink and dunk behind the LOS in the passing game and

A lot of run right up the middle in the running game.

Watching Gase’s offense is playing Madden ‘91.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It is absolutely unbelievable the trash heap that this kid has been surrounded by.

No receivers....but at least we can scare the defense with Frank Gore.

So true.   It’s an absolute embarrassment.   You can talk about Gase, and he is a problem no doubt, but the biggest issue this franchise has faced in the last 8 or so years is the lack of legit competent NFL players on this roster, specifically on offense.  Change the coach, change the QB, but if the rosters still look like they have it’s really not going to matter.  Right now the 2020 Jets are probably the worst roster we have seen in a very very long time.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So true.   It’s an absolute embarrassment.   You can talk about Gase, and he is a problem no doubt, but the biggest issue this franchise has faced in the last 8 or so years is the lack of legit competent NFL players on this roster, specifically on offense.  Change the coach, change the QB, but if the rosters still look like they have it’s really not going to matter.  Right now the 2020 Jets are probably the worst roster we have seen in a very very long time.  

I think both 1st round picks might go to offense again next year.  WR and OLine.

Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1

Oh hell no! Different time and place and personal. Here’s wha we will continue to see.

1) no pre snap motion - other than moving the tight end to a 1985 conventional fullback position.

2) A -gap-halfback dive 18 times.

3) No outside zone at all! No inside zone - typical run plays in a 2020 modern day offense- zero pulling center or guard!!! His run game is prehistoric- it’s ridiculous.

4) short bubble screens, simple out routes - absolutely nothing to take advantage of a linebacker covering Chris Herndon. Zero throws to Ryan Griffin.

3) 3 and out at least 5-6 times.

going to be ugly as hell and very hard to watch again.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

For all the complexity talk of Gase’s offense...

I see a lot of dink and dunk behind the LOS in the passing game and

A lot of run right up the middle in the running game.

Watching Gase’s offense is playing Madden ‘91.

Gase's offense is a thing of the 50's. No motion to allow the QB to make a determination of Man vs Zone. His screen passes are so telegraphed they have no chance of success and his downfield pass options usually end up with Darnold under duress. I gave Gase the benefit of the doubt last year when the team rallied to a 6-2 finish. I think the bottom is going to fall out this year. Other than Denver on Thursday night - without Drew Lock - I don't see a winnable game. I think Miami sweeps us and forget beating Buffalo or NE. Oakland looks like a contender as do the LA Chargers, so where is the win. Haven't been able to beat Cleveland the last few tries so, really I do NOT see a win. 

20 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Gase's offense is a thing of the 50's. No motion to allow the QB to make a determination of Man vs Zone. His screen passes are so telegraphed they have no chance of success and his downfield pass options usually end up with Darnold under duress. I gave Gase the benefit of the doubt last year when the team rallied to a 6-2 finish. I think the bottom is going to fall out this year. Other than Denver on Thursday night - without Drew Lock - I don't see a winnable game. I think Miami sweeps us and forget beating Buffalo or NE. Oakland looks like a contender as do the LA Chargers, so where is the win. Haven't been able to beat Cleveland the last few tries so, really I do NOT see a win. 

What bothers me the most is that for a supposed “offensive genius” you should be seeing Gase being able to scheme guys open, no matter how putrid the “talent”.

You should see adjustments made and attacking D’s at points where they are vulnerable.  Almost no NFL team has a perfect D in this era.  But you NEVER see that.

Gase s*cks.  I really wanted to see him do well and I know he is limited by the horrible roster.  But when you come into a new environment and you have a certain Rep, justified or not, it would be nice to see WHY you have that Rep.  I just don’t see it.  To me it’s totally unjustified and laughing Miami fans will second that.

Fire him....and MAYBE save Sam.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I have to really look at the tape, because looking at the 2018 highlights i feel like as sams footwork has improved, he's actually shortened up his drop back.  It seemed like his rookie year, he was getting more depth from the line which I think gave him more time to go through his reads and better angles to escape the passrush.   

Not 100% on this though, just my initial observation watching the games this season and seeing these high lights, i feel like he isnt dropping back the same depth. 

12 hours ago, Young Jetty said:

I never understood the Jeremy Bates hate. Darnold and McCown looked good in that offense.

Imagine if he had 2 more years to work with Darnold.

I think Gase’s offense is too complex. We need someone that can taylor an offense to Darnold’s strengths.

Huh? This offense is so damn basic a HS freshman coach would get fired if he ran it.

8 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Absolutely agree with you. I think we win 2, Denver as you said and probably Miami once.

I like Sam a lot but I fear this trash organization ruined him beyond repair.

I’d love for Same to somehow play well enough to make us believers but we lose every game, fire Gase, get the #1 pick and trade it for a King’s ransom.

Second best scenario is everything above, but Sam keeps meh’ing, we draft Trevor Lawrence and we trade Sam for a low first or high 2nd.

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It is absolutely unbelievable the trash heap that this kid has been surrounded by.

No receivers....but at least we can scare the defense with Frank Gore.

Gore goes down as one of my favorite players ever.   The guy was a stud no matter where he played.  Just incredible talent.   Wish we had him even five years ago.

19 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

For good measure, watch the games vs the Packers and Texans at the end of his rookie season and tell me this kid can''t be a franchise QB....with a different coaching staff and even an average supporting cast.

This....dude outplayed Aaron Rodgers and deshaun Watson. Just looked like he had it. We seemed to have ruined a talent. And I for one feel like that is criminal in the sports world. 

likely outcome is we give up on him. And he goes somewhere else and finds success. I think it’s just unavoidable. 

im down on sam right now. And I’ve always been in his corner. Because I think everyone wants to finally have The Guy. I think he can be a franchise guy. I just think at this point he’s been ruined and unsupported with the lack of acquisition of talent. The conversations Sam and josh Allen must have. Allen talking about his new toy in Diggs, and Sam hoping his receivers grow back their hammys.

• Upvote 1