Hatred

TMAC

1 minute ago, Lith said:

He is part of the problem, but I still do feel sorry for him.  At age 20, drafted by the Jets.  With Specner Long as your center, who is incapable of completing a shotgun snap.  A wide receviing corps of Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse and Pryor.  First head coach is Todd Bowles.  And since then, things have only gotten worse.  He may not amount to much as a starting pro QB, but its not like he was given much of a chance.

I definitely agree that he’s in the worst possible QB situation in football, but it really bugs me that he’s in year three and is still talking and acting like a mousy rookie: “I made mistakes/we have to clean things up/we put together some good practices, etc” And on game days, he just kind of floats through games and pouts when things are going poorly. I know it’s not The Big Thing there, but I feel like the rest of the offense assumes that same sad-clown posture and the problems steamroll. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Hatred. Hmmm. I once wrote this great song called 'Hate Woody Johnson'. Being an artist I am very privy to REAL Copyright and Trademark Laws. I pay a great deal of attention because it affects myself and people I know. I took a very special vested interest in Matal vs Tam. It will certainly fall under Politics so you can all research that case on your own; but Simon Tam is not only a personal hero of mine but a hero of The First Amendment and artists everywhere.

Anyway, I consider 'Hate Woody Johnson' the absolute zenith of my creative writing career. It was a great, great song, a real departure from my other work. It was sung to the tune of 'Shake Your Booty' by 'K.C. & The Sunshine Band'. Here's an excerpt:

"Hate, hate, hate

Hate, hate, hate

Hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson!

Awww, hate, hate, hate

Hate, hate, hate

Hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson!

Hate, hate

Hate, hate

OoooooOoooooOooooooo . . . !"

It went on for pages!  I bet @Dcat remembers this, haha. Sadly this blip of genius on the radar had to be shot down. I didn't want to wind up like Robin Thicke and Pharell Williams over their shyte 'Blurred Lines' song, so I shelved the project. Alas, the world is a much poorer place . . . BUT WAIT! YOU CAN STILL SUBSTITUTE THE WORDS AND SING ALONG HERE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL REPERCUSSIONS!

Don't fight the feeling! Give yourself a chance!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I definitely agree that he’s in the worst possible QB situation in football, but it really bugs me that he’s in year three and is still talking and acting like a mousy rookie: “I made mistakes/we have to clean things up/we put together some good practices, etc” And on game days, he just kind of floats through games and pouts when things are going poorly. I know it’s not The Big Thing there, but I feel like the rest of the offense assumes that same sad-clown posture and the problems steamroll. 

i get it and I see the same things.  To me, I think of him like a dog that has been beaten down so he lacks any enthusiasm.  In keeping with the music theme from the prior post.

"You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
'Til you spend half your life just coverin' up"

Bruce could have been singing this about Sam.  Except of course that Bruce wrote this about 15 years before Sam was born.

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, maury77 said:

My biggest concern moving forward is Christopher Johnson’s judgment. He seems like a good guy and I think his heart is in the right place, but how can you interview Adam Gase, a man so patently lacking in leadership qualities, and believe he is the right man to lead this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The courage is knowing when to hold and when to fold. I disagree with gase having no leadership ability. I’ve never the met the guy and can only rely on what the media types say. Well we all know maneesh was a complete fabricator and so are Costello and Cannizzaro. Cimini is a little slyer. The point is their jobs are to create controversy so they can sell ad time.  So why tell the truth when a little sensationalism sells more papers.  But that’s the media’s problem.

as for the Johnsons they’re going to take this all in. Maybe they dump gase and maybe they don’t.  It takes courage to make either decision. They dumped mangini for Rex. And they dumped Rex for Bowles. And now people think they they should dump gase for whomever.  Unless the next Lombardi is coming through the door is there really a point?  And much as McAvoy and shanahan are the hot young coaches at the moment they’ve both demonstrated that their teams just aren’t that good.  The bottom line is change for the sake of change is not good.

• Upvote 1

feel sorry for Sam Darnold? gimme a phukking break. People act like he's a autistic 8 yr old or some wack schitt.

His signing bonus was 20 million bucks. 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2020/09/26/new-york-jets-can-still-fairly-evaluate-sam-darnold-despite-lousy-supporting-cast-film/

Decent article. Some snippets.

Tom said poof,earlierthis year I said pussy.

His fear of contact is a problematic issue, and it shows up there. Because he fears the hit, he spends valuable time trying to avoid it, which costs him a completion. Darnold has to start throwing with proper, confident mechanics under pressure, which would require him to embrace that, sometimes, he needs to take a hard hit to make a good throw. Right now, Darnold is not willing to accept the hit to deliver the best possible throw, and instead delivers with awkward mechanics to avoid getting shellacked.

Darnold can still be evaluated regardless of what is going on around him if we look beyond the stats or the excuses and place our attention solely on Darnold’s actions and decisions on each play.

Under-pressure poise/footwork, moving off the first read and scanning the whole field, getting to the dump-off quicker when the deep concepts aren’t open, accepting the price of an incoming hit to deliver the most accurate throw possible – these are the boxes that Darnold must check this year to prove he is a franchise quarterback, and he can check them off no matter how brutal his supporting cast is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

A day ago I was watching a documentary on Tom Landry. Thinking about the decisions that lead up to Adam Gase being hired... I thew my remote across the room and obliterated it.  Just THE IDEA that Adam Gase considers himself a head coach makes me angry.  My Sundays are so dreaded I find myself watching snips of the Chargera to see what a franchise with a future might have.  Hate is too limiting a word for what I feel right now.  I am going to watch every minute of the upcoming game on Sunday.  Because I want to turn the anger into some weird philosophical realization. Like this is a penance from a past life od debauchery.  

(Oh.  And I have to go to Fry's today and get a new remote.)

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

It took us almost 50 years, but three years ago we believed we had our quarterback-the all-elusive required piece to the puzzle of becoming respectable and, hopefully, a Super Bowl contending team.  Now it seems almost certain that the Darnold pick will be a waste and we will be starting from ground zero again next year.  As Mark Cannizzaro said, Joe Douglas is building for the future when Darnold's time is now.  Maccagnan gave him nothing to work with.  No line. No WRs.  Garbage.  Although Douglas did improve the line this year, he refused to spend any money on a decent WR when injuries have ravaged an average WR room at best.  If mismanagement was a crime, Woody Johnson, Chris Johnson, Mike Maccagnan and Adam Gase would be on Death Row.  The shame of this season makes me sick and I have no confidence going forward.  I feel such hatred for this organization right now.

20200803_210924.jpg.8822aeec6d374e3711c801a5e325a75f.jpg

When do we start Joe Flacco? Ha ha ha!

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Hatred. Hmmm. I once wrote this great song called 'Hate Woody Johnson'. Being an artist I am very privy to REAL Copyright and Trademark Laws. I pay a great deal of attention because it affects myself and people I know. I took a very special vested interest in Matal vs Tam. It will certainly fall under Politics so you can all research that case on your own; but Simon Tam is not only a personal hero of mine but a hero of The First Amendment and artists everywhere.

Anyway, I consider 'Hate Woody Johnson' the absolute zenith of my creative writing career. It was a great, great song, a real departure from my other work. It was sung to the tune of 'Shake Your Booty' by 'K.C. & The Sunshine Band'. Here's an excerpt:

"Hate, hate, hate

Hate, hate, hate

Hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson!

Awww, hate, hate, hate

Hate, hate, hate

Hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson!

Hate, hate

Hate, hate

OoooooOoooooOooooooo . . . !"

It went on for pages!  I bet @Dcat remembers this, haha. Sadly this blip of genius on the radar had to be shot down. I didn't want to wind up like Robin Thicke and Pharell Williams over their shyte 'Blurred Lines' song, so I shelved the project. Alas, the world is a much poorer place . . . BUT WAIT! YOU CAN STILL SUBSTITUTE THE WORDS AND SING ALONG HERE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL REPERCUSSIONS!

Don't fight the feeling! Give yourself a chance!

I found part of your song Jet-O

Mixdown.mp3

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

He is part of the problem, but I still do feel sorry for him.  At age 20, drafted by the Jets.  With Specner Long as your center, who is incapable of completing a shotgun snap.  A wide receviing corps of Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse and Pryor.  First head coach is Todd Bowles.  And since then, things have only gotten worse.  He may not amount to much as a starting pro QB, but its not like he was given much of a chance.

He'd be a probowler under John Morton.

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

hatred is too strong an emotion

"there's a thin line between fries and shakes" 

indifference is where it really gets dangerous 

the Jets are terrible, every week, but you feel nothing

that's advanced late stage Jets fandom 

when the nerve endings are dead 

I second this. The apathy is worse. Granted, I haven’t paid attention to any of the other fugazi sports this year, either, and I think the NFL doesn’t make it through ten games before going on hiatus until the Spring, but watching Darnold suck and Gase suck and half the roster bottlenecking in the doorway of the trainer’s room trying to get IR’ed has drained the life out of me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It goes back to how he was scouted 

maccagnan targeted Darnold a year early, let go of Harris and decker to hurt the roster, but then brought in mccown 

it cost him 3 second round picks that could have been used to support Sam

just unbelievable that he was put in charge of an nfl team 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

hatred is too strong an emotion

"there's a thin line between fries and shakes" 

indifference is where it really gets dangerous 

the Jets are terrible, every week, but you feel nothing

that's advanced late stage Jets fandom 

when the nerve endings are dead 

Most of us here have been indifferent for a few years now. We're just playing a role and meeting expectations at this point. Its like anonymous,  pointless performance art.  Nobody cares. 

On a serious note, how do the Johnson retards and their minions expect to sustain a fanbase when the product is boring trash that nobody cares about beyond just laughing at it in passing? Just curious. 

9 hours ago, maury77 said:

My biggest concern moving forward is Christopher Johnson’s judgment. He seems like a good guy and I think his heart is in the right place, but how can you interview Adam Gase, a man so patently lacking in leadership qualities, and believe he is the right man to lead this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he’s a f**kin moron?

Sorry, but there’s no fix for that.  Unfortunately nothing gets better until the Jets get real Owners who want to win.  Both brothers are the Black Sheep of the Johnson family, the runts of the litter.  The rest of the family is all “Ivy League”...not these two.

This Jets are in the same predicament as the Mets were with the Wilpon kid having his cheap, dirty fingers touching absolutely everything.

The Jet owners have probably figured out though that creating a winning NFL franchise is all way too much for them, so pinch every penny, give some nonbelievable lip service to winning and just milk every dollar they can...and that’s all they do.  I think they’re destroying what’s left of the fanbase.  It’s never been this bad.  There was more hope when Kotite was still coaching.  Any Jet fan who spends a single dollar that might make it into the Johnson’s pockets is a sucker.

I’m resigned to the fact the Jets will Never win with these two owning the team.  Forget Super Bowl I’m just talking about ever being over .500 again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1