Since I have been a Jets fan since 1968, this is the worst Jets team over that time

Alka

I have been thinking about the worst Jets teams of all time.  The only hesitation I had in naming this Jets team the worst, is that Sam Darnold is actually a plus, even though he hasn't been what we thought he would be at this point.

This is the worst Jets team since 1968, that is 52 years.  

This Jets team will be 0-16.  Worse than the 1-15 team coached by Rich Kotite.

We gave away Daryl Roberts to Buffalo, Demario Davis, Teddy Bridgewater, Robby Anderson, Jamal Adams.

Players that would help this team win games. Just sickening.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I got a couple of years on ya.  The years of losing and ineptitude has gotten to me the last few years.  In the old days after seeing Buffalo go 4-0 I would have probably splintered a coffee table or damaged some drywall.  Now?  I care but at a much lower level of intensity.  As I said the other day, my fervor for the team will only get stronger once the Johnsons are gone or if they finally give control of the team to someone with competence who like the Bills can build a winner from scratch.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

we didnt "give away" Jamal...he didnt want to be here and we shockingly convinced someone to overpay for him. The rest are jags....contributing jags that would not have helped us this year anyway. 

Except maybe Robbie but his strength is the long ball and Sam cant throw it.

All pro LB Demario Davis is a jag

But Luvo, Williamson and hewitt are starting for the jets...

• Upvote 1

I'm not old enough to remember the 1970s. They must have been bleak.  It very well could be the recency bias talking, but this is about as low as I've felt. I've never personally experienced a decade without playoffs.  It effing blows.

The fact that this season is an injury-riddled, half-assed sh*tshow already adds to the ennui you’re feeling. No preseason has led to a lot of players looking like sh*t and/or wounded, and the national mood as it regards sports is at an all-time low. We were looking to the Jets to alleviate all that but Darnold sucks and Gase is shrugging his shoulders like he has a Luke Falk get-out-of-jail-free card is emotionally devastating. The best you can do is hang on until Gase is fired and they make a decision about our baked Cali-bro creme-puff QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The fact that this season is an injury-riddled, half-assed sh*tshow already adds to the ennui you’re feeling. No preseason has led to a lot of players looking like sh*t and/or wounded, and the national mood as it regards sports is at an all-time low. We were looking to the Jets to alleviate all that but Darnold sucks and Gase is shrugging his shoulders like he has a Luke Falk get-out-of-jail-free card is emotionally devastating. The best you can do is hang on until Gase is fired and they make a decision about our baked Cali-bro creme-puff QB.

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I'm not old enough to remember the 1970s. They must have been bleak.  It very well could be the recency bias talking, but this is about as low as I've felt. I've never personally experienced a decade without playoffs.  It effing blows.

Feeling low is caused by a large, negative delta between expectation and reality. Lower the expectations to a reasonable level and you'll be a lot less impacted by the suck.

12 hours ago, y2k8 said:

here, have a taste...

Born in 1969 and started going to games at Shea with my father in the mid 70's. Through 4 games, this is the worst Jets team I've ever seen.  The combination of a terrible HC and lack of talent on the field is unmatched.  Between the wave of "injuries" and overall results on the field, the team has seemingly has lost all motivation ad has quit on this coach.  Just nauseating.

14 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

we didnt "give away" Jamal...he didnt want to be here and we shockingly convinced someone to overpay for him. The rest are jags....contributing jags that would not have helped us this year anyway. 

Except maybe Robbie but his strength is the long ball and Sam cant throw it.

There is nothing wrong with Sams arm. For Gods sake, we all know he has to get better but Darnolds can throw deep and he has done it with good accuracy. Is he Troy Aikman, no but not many are but he can throw deep. 

14 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

That's sad!!!. Ownership!!!!

What's sad isn't 2020.  What's sad is 2013 to 2019 when the damage was done by Idzik and Maccagnan.

Ownership has finally gotten it right.  Stop the hamster wheel revolving door of GM's and HC's.  Pick a pair that like each other and will work together on the same page.  Turn a deaf ear to the vicious media and give them 3+ years together to get the thing turned around.  No different than the approach found in Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and many other franchises that we admire.

What it requires from the fans is patience.  Don't rush to judgement.  Give these guys the support and the time they need to get the job done.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What's sad isn't 2020.  What's sad is 2013 to 2019 when the damage was done by Idzik and Maccagnan.

Ownership has finally gotten it right.  Stop the hamster wheel revolving door of GM's and HC's.  Pick a pair that like each other and will work together on the same page.  Turn a deaf ear to the vicious media and give them 3+ years together to get the thing turned around.  No different than the approach found in Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and many other franchises that we admire.

What it requires from the fans is patience.  Don't rush to judgement.  Give these guys the support and the time they need to get the job done.

SAR I

good points.  i've been aying the jets are actually starting in a position worse than if they were an expansion team. thus far i see a lot of good things from douglas, maybe not so many from gase.  the thing with gase is we don't really know how the players feel about him. people tend to go sour on gase because some loud mouths fro the doltfins say bad things.  words like that pretty much show how foolish those loud mouths are.  and people also point to tannehill and how gase ruined him but forget what an absolute punk was when he was with miami.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Feeling low is caused by a large, negative delta between expectation and reality. Lower the expectations to a reasonable level and you'll be a lot less impacted by the suck.

That's the thing. I have ALWAYS had a hope for the best expect the worst mindset about the Jets. 

I think part of it is that ever since I was a little kid my dad and I were going to go to the Super Bowl no matter what when the Jets finally make it.  The realization is that will never happen. My dad is in his mid 70s.  Hell, I'm closing in on 50 and doubt *I* will ever see it.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Every team had the same training camp and same pre-season let's not let that or even the injuries be an excuse. 

This teams roster is bad there are barely enough quality NFL staters on this team let alone depth. 

We have the worst HC in the NFL,worst roster and at this point and time worst GM this organization is bad. 

if we made a mistake on Sam Darnold move on, lets see what James Morgan or Mike White can do. 

Just say no to Flacco does this team not one bit of good to start this washed up QB on the field as our starter. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

That's the thing. I have ALWAYS had a hope for the best expect the worst mindset about the Jets. 

I think part of it is that ever since I was a little kid my dad and I were going to go to the Super Bowl no matter what when the Jets finally make it.  The realization is that will never happen. My dad is in his mid 70s.  Hell, I'm closing in on 50 and doubt *I* will ever see it.

I hear you. Me and my dad are a little behind you and yours but getting worried we'll never see a Jets SB together

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

I have to agree and I've been a fan since 1965.  It is not an exaggeration to describe this as a disgusting, nauseating mess.

Yeah 1968 for me too. This is the worst team I've witnessed and I hate not caring...…… My family put me on suicide watch the night we lost the AFC championship to the steelers thanks to our kicker. This sucks having 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, peebag said:

here, have a taste...

I remember watching this game, it was Monday Night Football opening weekend in 1973. Namath seperated his shoulder the following week.

Somethings never change, penalties and turnovers gave the Packers a majority of thier points in this game. I remember John Riggins held out the entire training camp in a contract dispute. He finally signed the Friday before the season started, and Ewbank played him on in this game (only three days after he reported.) You'll see he had a big fumble and didnt play a great game.

19 hours ago, Alka said:

I have been thinking about the worst Jets teams of all time.  The only hesitation I had in naming this Jets team the worst, is that Sam Darnold is actually a plus, even though he hasn't been what we thought he would be at this point.

We gave away Daryl Roberts to Buffalo, Demario Davis, Teddy Bridgewater, Robby Anderson, Jamal Adams.

We have to see how this season plays out. If the first 4 weeks don't improve, this team will be in the running.  The 1975 and 1976 Jets were awful football teams that I always considered worse than the 1995/96 teams.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

We have to see how this season plays out. If the first 4 weeks don't improve, this team will be in the running.  The 1975 and 1976 Jets were awful football teams that I always considered worse than the 1995/96 teams.

It all depends on health. If the Oline gets a few non injury games under their belt, Mims, Perriman, V.Smith, Bell all come back healthy & stay healthy, Sam could get his confidence back as the season progresses. I think if that happens, this won’t be the worst team, but the defense with no injury excuses is definitely the least competitive I can remember! The Dline has been terrible & they can’t hold the edges, no pass rush & 3rd downs are like gimmes. 

19 hours ago, Alka said:

I hear you bro, 53 years.  I just showed my wife the fake JET commercial and she said she was going to HD for a hammer, sigh, no respect.

IMHO I think this team is worse then Kotite's because at least his team was competitive , they just didn't have the players to get them over the hump.   

• 2 weeks later...

I started this thread 2 weeks ago saying that I thought that this was the worst Jets team in my 52 years rooting for the Jets.

I'm afraid it is no longer an opinion; it is a fact!

Even the offensive line that was supposed to be a big improvement from last year is looking lost and horrible.  

I honestly don't know why I'm still watching the game.  I guess it's just a habit, and a habit that I can't seem to break. 

Chris Johnson...please help us!  Do something!  Please fire Gase!  Something has to give.