Jets trying to trade Leveon Bell

30 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The Ravens strike me as an interesting location given the Douglas connection and their win now mentality, not to mention they will have $52M in cap next offseason so sacrificing $6m isn't a huge deal.

They just drafted Dobbins really high.  No way. 

• Upvote 2

wonder what the Gase fans will say whne Bell becomes the next wasted Jets player to go on to better things and play like they should have been here? We are going to hear oh its injuries, or he wasnt motivated, but really its because even playing his heart out and goin 100 percent on every play Gase refused to use his talents, adjust his game plan or even give him a shot.

Because Gase is an A hole.

And much like is lack of wanting to score points he really doesnt want to have Bell be "good". What a son of a bit. 

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Leveon has done himself no favors with poor play, but this is Gase’s thing: Trade away Talent for one reason or another. Hopefully, Gase gets fired soon! He’s not only a rotten coach but a rotten human being as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

playing poorly? really Ill see him do is go 100 percent and get hit behind the line of scrimmage as he runs to a loaded box over and over again. The fact he get postivie yards at all is a miricle. GOd damn high school coach could figure out how to hand the ball off to bell 20 times a game and throw it 5 or 6 times too. 

The jets are never going to be good with Gase as coach. But I do agree that hopefully if we do get anything for him that will Joe opportunity to get more players hopefully for a new coach next season. But i would rather have Bell who literally single handedly could make us top half of th eleague scoring y himself. 

31 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The only cap hit another team would be on the hook for is the $6m left for this season. This is the list of teams that could fit that contract this year. Now some teams (or all) may be looking to roll over as much cap as possible for next season but I'm willing to bet that the teams that consider themselves Super Bowl hopefuls are going to be willing to sacrifice $6m in roll over to get a ring this year.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 6.20.52 PM.png

Hard to find a potential trade partner in this list.

Browns will await the return of Chubb and in the meantime, Hunt is basically a RB1, so why waste further resources on another running back?

Cowboys have Zeke and Pollard. With Prescott done for the season, a two-headed monster at running back could appeal, but the Cowboys are already loaded at skill position players and need help on their defence.

Washington seem pretty wedded to Antonio Gibson as their lead back and are not in a position to throw cap space and/or picks at an ageing running back given their current record.

Jaguars cut Leonard Fournette before the season began and seem to have unearthed a decent running back in James Robinson. They're also not challenging for the playoffs. Can't see them bothering to give up picks and cap space for Bell.

Patriots switched seamlessly from Michel to Damien Harris last time out. If the Patriots are going to add any sort of skill position player help for Newton (when he's back from COVID), I suspect it's more likely to be a late pick to the Bengals for AJ Green.

Broncos are struggling and don't need to spend picks and cap space on an ageing running back.

Lions drafted D'Andre Swift then signed Adrian Peterson when he was cut by Washington. They also have Kerryon Johnson. Can't see them adding a fourth running back to the picture.

Eagles have Miles Sanders as their lead back. They could possibly use Le'Veon Bell but I suspect that they would prefer to ride Sanders and give minimal touches to the likes of Boston Scott. Again, the Eagles need to find skill position players at wide receiver and tight end (Goedert will help them when he returns from injury).

Dolphins might be an interesting proposition depending on where things stand with respect to the wild card spots towards the trade deadline. If they think that adding Bell could solidify a shot at making a surprise run to the playoffs, then that's a potential spot for a trade. But they would want to give up as little as possible for him.

Steelers - yeah, that ship has sailed.

Bengals - they have Mixon and they're more likely to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline.

Colts - they were runners-up in signing the Bell sweepstakes last time out but they've since added Jonathan Taylor and Nyheim Hines is a decent pass-catching running back. Don't see them giving away assets and cap space for Bell now.

Cardinals - Kenyon Drake and Chase Edmonds are a decent, if underrated, pair at running back. I don't see them adding Bell at this stage when they're probably not quite good enough as a team to push for a playoff spot.

Ravens - refer to my other post. Suffice it to say, I don't see the Ravens trading for Bell.

Bears - this is an interesting proposition. They have David Montgomery as their starter and a converted wide receiver as his back-up. They're also in a position where the playoffs are a genuine proposition. I could see the Jets trading Bell to Chicago for a late round conditional pick.

Texans are not in a position to trade away picks for Bell, since they hardly have any and they added David Johnson in the off-season.

Chargers - Justin Jackson seemed to be doing a good job for them, and they have Ekeler on the shelf for four to six weeks. They're probably not quite good enough to make the playoffs, so I don't see them trading away a pick for a short term rental like Bell.

Titans - Derrick Henry says no.

Packers - Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams and AJ Dillon form a pretty good trio of running backs. No need to add Bell.

Rams - They got rid of Gurley in the off-season and seem to be on course for making the playoffs. I don't see why they would add Bell at this stage.

Giants - no rational need for the Giants to give away assets for a player who will not help them in the short or long term.

Panthers - Mike Davis is a more than adequate fill-in for the injured McCaffrey who could be back in the next couple of weeks. No chance they'll trade for Bell.

Chiefs - CEH is their unquestioned starter and if they need a back-up, I'm sure that they could find someone cheaper than Bell.

Raiders - Josh Jacobs is their unquestioned starter and if they need a back-up, I'm sure that they could find someone cheaper than Bell.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fitting it and willing to pay it for a recently injured, slow RB, that has now forced his way out of two franchises are two very different things.  

the big point here is he’s simply not any good anymore.  If he came cheap, maybe someone would take a chance and give up a 6 or 7. 

but forget it. 

I mean if people think Bell is not good anymore then yea no one will trade for him, no arguments there at all. I just think there will likely be a team willing to gamble on one of the best dual threat RBs the league has ever seen at 28 years old for the second half of a season. Not to mention teams looking on and seeing Robby, Tannehill, Drake, Landry, and Parker all having success without Gase. I could see a team willing to toss a 7th our way for that gamble, any offer would be enough for the Jets to pull the trigger since we will cut him at season's end anyway.

20 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Steelers - yeah, that ship has sailed.

Weren't there rumors of the Steelers trying to get Bell back last year at the deadline?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/01/leveon-bell-says-steelers-were-among-teams-trying-trade-him-jets/

If anything I think in the final season with Big Ben (most likely) it would make more sense then ever to throw everything at one last ring.

33 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Jaguars cut Leonard Fournette before the season began and seem to have unearthed a decent running back in James Robinson. They're also not challenging for the playoffs. Can't see them bothering to give up picks and cap space for Bell. Wouldn't count them out

Patriots switched seamlessly from Michel to Damien Harris last time out. If the Patriots are going to add any sort of skill position player help for Newton (when he's back from COVID), I suspect it's more likely to be a late pick to the Bengals for AJ Green. Would easily give up a pick for value 

Eagles have Miles Sanders as their lead back. They could possibly use Le'Veon Bell but I suspect that they would prefer to ride Sanders and give minimal touches to the likes of Boston Scott. Again, the Eagles need to find skill position players at wide receiver and tight end (Goedert will help them when he returns from injury). Miles sanders won't hold up over 16 games as feature back. 

Dolphins might be an interesting proposition depending on where things stand with respect to the wild card spots towards the trade deadline. If they think that adding Bell could solidify a shot at making a surprise run to the playoffs, then that's a potential spot for a trade. But they would want to give up as little as possible for him. Sure

Steelers - yeah, that ship has sailed. Nope it hasn't. 

Bengals - they have Mixon and they're more likely to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline. Mixon is always hurt

Colts - they were runners-up in signing the Bell sweepstakes last time out but they've since added Jonathan Taylor and Nyheim Hines is a decent pass-catching running back. Don't see them giving away assets and cap space for Bell now. As a Rookie if the Colts go deep they would love a veteran back

Cardinals - Kenyon Drake and Chase Edmonds are a decent, if underrated, pair at running back. I don't see them adding Bell at this stage when they're probably not quite good enough as a team to push for a playoff spot. They would definitely take bell

Bears - this is an interesting proposition. They have David Montgomery as their starter and a converted wide receiver as his back-up. They're also in a position where the playoffs are a genuine proposition. I could see the Jets trading Bell to Chicago for a late round conditional pick. Sure

Chargers - Justin Jackson seemed to be doing a good job for them, and they have Ekeler on the shelf for four to six weeks. They're probably not quite good enough to make the playoffs, so I don't see them trading away a pick for a short term rental like Bell. Bad rational... They will make post season and ekeler always gets hurt. 

Rams - They got rid of Gurley in the off-season and seem to be on course for making the playoffs. I don't see why they would add Bell at this stage. Bad reasoning... They would absolutely give up picks for Bell. They got rid of Gurley because of the degenerative knee problems

Panthers - Mike Davis is a more than adequate fill-in for the injured McCaffrey who could be back in the next couple of weeks. No chance they'll trade for Bell. Mike Davis better then Bell... Dude you are stretching 

You have some good points but you truly missed the mark on these teams. 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i hear you too.  i think some of the issues with bell is that gase never put his complete faith in the guy's ability.  i'm willing to bet bell wants the ball way more and gase wants running back by committee.  bell isn't in the game enough to get a feel for the game.  i'll give him the benefit of the doubt here because of his past performance with the steelers.

i also think there's some truth is a good running back getting better as the game wears on.  honestly it's tough to keep running when playing from behind but if only down by a score with more than a quarter to play running isn't out of the picture.

Thing is, we've seen Gase try to give the ball to Bell a lot.  It happened a few times last year at home.  And he'd get like 6 plus yards and 6 negative yards in back to back to back three-and-outs and then, well, sorry Le'Veon, that's enough.  And we start throwing and start winning.

The narrative that Bell wasn't given a fair chance is just wrong.  Bell isn't good.  He's playing the fans with his nice-guy act, he's playing the media who is looking for a juicy we-hate-Gase story.  He just can't play anymore.  It's what happens when you take a year off and join the only team that wanted you overweight and out of shape.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Finally a reasonable take I can agree with.  Yes, Douglas should have traded Anderson at the deadline last year. 

Quinnen as well, if the rumors were true about his trade value being high for at least one team.

No on Q that would have been asinine.  Still would be.

And when I say they should get ehat they can for Bell im not talking about the silly sht I've been reading.  You don't let him go for a 6th..  you're better off keeping him than taking a 6th.

You take any reasonable offer.  The league knows that once players escape from Gases web of sht they typically have a sudden career revival.

• Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Titans - Derrick Henry says no.

Trading Bell to the Titans would be interesting.  Bell could spell Henry and they could continue to run the ball more often.  A trade for someone like Corey Davis would be interesting.  They don't tend to utilize more than a TE and WR (they have A.J. Brown) in the passing game.  Also, Bell could line up outside just as well as Davis has done. Would be a one year tryout for Davis.  Also, lightens the salary cap impact when they trade a player rather than a pick.  A 1st round WR that has not played up to their draft like Davis sounds similar to the WRs they signed this off season, also is currently hurt so could join the rest of the WRs.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Wasn't your claim that they leaked it to Manish because they knew he would report it because he hates the Jets?  Isn't that suggesting that the other beat reporters are Jets fans so they wouldn't report the fact that Bell is being shopped? 

No, it's not in any way suggesting other reporters wouldn't report it.  Manish is just the most obvious place to go to leak the news to get (an agent's) desired narrative.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Reportedly lost his credentials and still getting scoops that other guys aren't.  How does he do it, and how hilarious is it?

Manish reported it:

And 45 minutes later, Cimini confirms it:

Discuss....

Scoops,  LOL

He made it up just like he alwys did.  Bell tweets, Manish has an insider.  LOL

If it happens, and it might, Manish is still a clown.  Just guessed right.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

And when I say they should get ehat they can for Bell im not talking about the silly sht I've been reading.  You don't let him go for a 6th..  you're better off keeping him than taking a 6th.

You take any reasonable offer.  The league knows that once players escape from Gases web of sht they typically have a sudden career revival.

teehee

Now we know why they need all that cap space!

Like some of us said, no one wants an aging back that was likely the product of playing in Pittsburgh with a crazy contract who was out of football for a year and has had his worst season last year and was on his way to topping (bottoming) that this year. 

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Nope. Add him to the tannehill, Parker, Drake, Gesicki list.

Tannehill showed signs both with Philbin and with Gase... I dont tghknk anyone saw Tannehill blossoming though he WAS always a pretty nice deep ball thrower.....the Arthur Smith magic dust didnt make Mariota better, did it?

Drake's numbers are almost identical and the take onhim influenced by one game where he scored 4times... ypcarry/same, ypcatch  lower....  

Parker was hurt all the time in Miami...  Gesicki cannot asked to block at all, they figured that out. 

DGAF aboutGase but the whole trope is overblown....

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Tannehill showed signs both with Philbin and with Gase... I dont tghknk anyone saw Tannehill blossoming though he WAS always a pretty nice deep ball thrower.....the Arthur Smith magic dust didnt make Mariota better, did it?

Drake's numbers are almost identical and the take onhim influenced by one game where he scored 4times... ypcarry/same, ypcatch  lower....  

Parker was hurt all the time in Miami...  Gesicki cannot asked to block at all, they figured that out. 

DGAF aboutGase but the whole trope is overblown....

I saw Tannehill blossoming. Called CBPOTY and called pro bowl. Halfway there, livin' on a prayer.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Then you saw what I did not see...   good call...

so you thought he weas muchbetter than waht he showed at Miami under 2 HC/OC?

Actually--my view--signs were there. He was always a good QB... just injured a lot. Even under Gase the Destroyer he performed well when healthy. I'd love to claim some great foresight but I think it was an easy call he'd do well. Of course I was slaughtered on this board at the time for this opinion... but now most agree it was "obvious." Also called him to make a pro bowl... when that happens I'm sure the response here will be "duh, supporting cast" although again at the time I was called an idiot troll for suggesting it.

Sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

Actually--my view--signs were there. He was always a good QB... just injured a lot. Even under Gase the Destroyer he performed well when healthy. I'd love to claim some great foresight but I think it was an easy call he'd do well. Of course I was slaughtered on this board at the time for this opinion... but now most agree it was "obvious." Also called him to make a pro bowl... when that happens I'm sure the response here will be "duh, supporting cast" although again at the time I was called an idiot troll for suggesting it.

Sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

Ya know...  THAT was before my time...  I don't doubt your honesty...   I was always...Tannehill? my rxn was he was just MEH.

ya know. middle o the pack guy. tho, i must say, i didnt seehim play very much at all.

but kudos. good call.