Does trading Marcus Maye makes sense?

Bronx

No, unless he is demanding king's ransom.

Per Cimini:

Maye's pay day: Marcus Maye, he of the celebrated "Butt Pick," is heading into the final 10 games of his rookie contract. My sense is the Jets will get calls on him at the deadline, with teams thinking they might be able to get him in a fire sale. This is a tough call. The Jets like him, but are they willing to pay him? Based on other safety contracts, he's looking at something in the $6 million to $8 million per year neighborhood.

Maye graded out well last week in his move back to free safety. He's a solid player and a good locker room guy, the kind of player you should keep around.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I swear I'm gonna start hiding threads that talk about trading away any good player we have.  We have enough draft picks and cap room to do anything we want next off-season.  What we don't have is good players.  Really.  Just.  Stop.

I still say we need a section here THOUGHTS and FEELINGS. 

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I swear I'm gonna start hiding threads that talk about trading away any good player we have.  We have enough draft picks and cap room to do anything we want next off-season.  What we don't have is good players.  Really.  Just.  Stop.

737880a781cb736d7a2fb079b66a9cfd.jpg

• Thumb Down 1

Yes! Lets trade our other safety we just drafted a few years ago so that we can once again waste 2 more draft picks on two new safeties. This time, lets pick 2 safeties that don't live up to their draft status because when we hit on safeties we ship them out of town. This team, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Yes! Lets trade our other safety we just drafted a few years ago so that we can once again waste 2 more draft picks on two new safeties. This time, lets pick 2 safeties that don't live up to their draft status because when we hit on safeties we ship them out of town. This team, man.

... says the guy with "Cut Quinnen" above his avatar. ;-) 

• Upvote 1

I think maybe should stay. I also think Jenkins should be traded if possible.  He didn’t contain the edge very well.  And Williamson should also be traded.

i will say that the worst thing I saw from the defense is their inability to stop the slot receivers. Beasley was getting open all day and Allen would hit him when feeling pressure.

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

... says the guy with "Cut Quinnen" above his avatar. ;-) 

To be fair, Quinnen sucked until recently. I'd feel joewilly12-esque or that Southernwhoever scumbag like if I were to suddenly be his fanboy. He's playing better.. lets hope he just keeps improving.

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

To be fair, Quinnen sucked until recently. I'd feel joewilly12-esque or that Southernwhoever scumbag like if I were to suddenly be his fanboy. He's playing better.. lets hope he just keeps improving.

Trade QW now while you can get something for him. Improve the offense. OL, RB, WR, TE, QB ohhhh did I miss a position? 

I hear ya. But sometimes it’s necessary. It’s the stink. The leftover residual of loseritus.
Sometimes it’s good to clean the cupboards and even throw out the half bag of rice that is still edible when something goes bad.
It’s just gotta be done sometimes. It’s better to just wipe it clean and start fresh. Just to be sure.

I’m not saying I would or wouldn’t trade Maye but it’s good to get as much as you can for guys that are unlikely to stay. Maye will be courted this off-season by at least a few teams. I would worry about that.

So I get it. I love having a lot of picks when we have a guy who can actually use them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

No, unless he is demanding king's ransom.

Per Cimini:

Maye's pay day: Marcus Maye, he of the celebrated "Butt Pick," is heading into the final 10 games of his rookie contract. My sense is the Jets will get calls on him at the deadline, with teams thinking they might be able to get him in a fire sale. This is a tough call. The Jets like him, but are they willing to pay him? Based on other safety contracts, he's looking at something in the $6 million to $8 million per year neighborhood.

Maye graded out well last week in his move back to free safety. He's a solid player and a good locker room guy, the kind of player you should keep around.

I would keep him and resign him. He isn't going to get a huge deal, he is an average player and will be paid accordingly.