Why do I get the sinking feeling Gase is back next year?

The Jets are so dysfunctional I can absolutely see them looking for reasons to bring him back. Last place offense and the Johnsons thinks he’s a guru?. Only thing saving us from Gase coming back is the media. They are beating him up so bad no way FA will come here. The sports media’s is even trying to talk draft picks into skipping out on millions of dollars to avoid us

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

That "sinking feeling" is actually called "understanding what's going on".  For decades, we've been calling for a Football Man to run this organization, not a billionaire, not some pencil pusher.

With Maccagnan and Glat gone, there is no one in Florham Park even remotely qualified to run the organization from top to bottom. To make all the tough internal decisions.  To call all the football shots.  Elhai is a young attorney, Douglas a young scout.  It's almost as if, hmm, they were hand-picked to be background players to an Alpha's show.

Hello, Adam.

SAR I

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, freestater said:

Why? It's not a reassuring feeling, lemme tell ya. If Dowell is calling the plays, just make him interim HC. Watch us get two wins to drop us out of the first pick and Chris Johnson see it as a sign that Gase has sh*t turned around. It would be the Jets way of doing things. 

You have that sinking gut-wrenching feeling because the long-time suffering Jets fan in you knows that he’ll be back.

Unless he looses the locker room (so far, he hasn’t), he’ll probably be back.

Unfortunately

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Said the same thing last week.  Just wait until he is retained and this place goes ballistic.  Anyone doubting this possibility has not looked at the Johnsons's inactions and/or idiotic moves over the years with open eyes.  For some unknown reason, they like Gase and don't give two fuks that he's a terrible HC.

Yea, until the stadium next year no matter what capacity is only filled with the opposing teams fans, and then the Johnson's will have to sell those teams hats, jerseys, etc. in MetLife to make any money.

• Sympathy 1

Gase is coming back and it's pretty clear he's coming back.

1) Gase had a huge hand in hiring Douglas

2) Douglas then went on to tear down this team 

3) Gase hasn't complained about it.

Bottom line is Gase was very much a part of the tear-down/rebuild plan...

There is one exception....If Lawrence refuses to play for Gase.  Otherwise, like it or not, Gase is coming back.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Smoke a joint and listen to Steely Dan. It will relieve all of your Dowell Loggains stress...lol.

You have no idea how ******* accurate this was. Include a couple beers, a Tryon City Burger and a Jamo on the rocks, you were right on track.

6 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I’m about the most pessimistic a Jets fan as they come, but there’s absolutely no way Gase comes back. I would love to get Jim Harbaugh for I feel he would push Lawrence or Fields to their full potential. I just don’t see it happening. My hunch in the end our new coach will either be Bieniemy, Roman, or Lincoln Riley.

I think there’s less of a chance Lincoln Riley coming then Harbaugh. But I agree with the rest of your post I would welcome Bieniemy Roman and def Harbaugh 

Fans are likely back in the stands in 2021.(hopefully) 

They can tank in peace this year but someone’s gonna have to fall on the sword for this season to rejuvenate the fan base, get some butts in seats and recoup some rona revenue...

JD just got here after the Johnsons had to get on their knees and cough up a 6 year deal. Gase is the winner! 

Stadium will be empty again next year if Gase is back and this time it won’t be because of Covid......

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I understand the point, but Bowles was on the moon compared to Gase. 

1) Bowles won 10 games his first year here - that bought him at least an extra year or two of s*cking 

2) Gase is about to go anywhere from 0-16 to 2-14 with a historically bad team, in year 3 of Sam Darnold, the prized QB he was brought here to develop. 

3) Gase is a public pariah and a media punching bag of the highest order. Meanwhile, even during his 3rd consecutive 5-11 year, Bowles had numerous apologists in the media. 

It’s a different world. Bowles was compared to guys like Mangini, Gase is compared to “Kotite” - possibly the most notorious dirty word in Jets history. 

Spot on. 

53 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

They can tank in peace this year but someone’s gonna have to fall on the sword for this season to rejuvenate the fan base, get some butts in seats and recoup some rona revenue...

JD just got here after the Johnsons had to get on their knees and cough up a 6 year deal. Gase is the winner! 

Stadium will be empty again next year if Gase is back and this time it won’t be because of Covid......

This.

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Sadly, I don't believe this to be the case.  And if they are, it will be 20% of capacity and season ticket holders will be offered another year with no cost and no loss of renewable rights for 2022.

That rejuvenation comes in the form of the first pick in the 2021 draft.  Jets fans live for that.  Rooting for the draft has become the biggest part of a Jets fans year for the last decade.  With Lawrence or a haul of picks, Jets fans will feel good about the direction the team is heading in.

Stadium will be empty next year because of health restrictions and distancing.  Season ticket holders will wind up with 2 consecutive years without payments and no loss of location for 2021.  Full return to normalcy in 2022 or 2023.

By the time there are 82,500 fans back at MetLife Stadium, the Jets will be rebuilt and Gase will remain either as head coach or head of football operations.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmm now there is a thought.....

The New York Jets theme song

They don't make music like this anymore . So lucky to have grown up listening to such great music. At times in my life, it was the only thing that kept me alive.

3 hours ago, NamathToCaster said:

I fear that also.  Chris Johnson is brainwashed.  You have every football person saying Adam Gase is a fraud except for MelonHead Manning.  I swear I wish someone would ask Peyton about his glowing endorsement of Gase.  Stick to insurance commercials Peyton.

Chris Johnson is an actor paid to look and act like such a ding dong that we appreciate Woody when he returns

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

0% chance he is back. 

Trevor will stay in school if Gase isn't fired.

I think we all want to believe the Johnsons are smart enough to get rid of Gase and bring in a legit coach so we can get Trevor Lawrence 

The Johnsons track record unfortunately is so abysmal.  One obviously bad decision after another

7 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

There will be a vaccine by then plus antibody tests are becoming widely available to the general public.  Kroger’s pharmacy departments are going to start offering them

Why? It's not a reassuring feeling, lemme tell ya. If Dowell is calling the plays, just make him interim HC. Watch us get two wins to drop us out of the first pick and Chris Johnson see it as a sign that Gase has sh*t turned around. It would be the Jets way of doing things. 

The thing that scares me is if it’s all a a big plan to tank and gase is in on it. That’s a terrifying feeling.

I can’t believe the Jets aren’t hearing our cries and know just how unhappy we would be.

I just hope no one is buying a single piece of Jets merch so they can know changes need to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

No way he is back.  No way.  If the Johnson's were smart, they would send a signal to ALL potential draft picks, FA's, and current players and coaches to show that losing and incompetence wont be tolerated here any longer and fire Gase at the bye.

Johnsons are smart enough to know that they will lose a chuck of this fanbase if he comes back. They'd never risk that even if for some crazy reason they thought he was the right guy.

It's a done deal. 100% he's gone.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Johnsons are smart enough to know that they will lose a chuck of this fanbase if he comes back. They'd never risk that even if for some crazy reason they thought he was the right guy.

It's a done deal. 100% he's gone.

They won’t lose a single fan. Some people might claim they are no longer fans but JETS fans don’t quit 

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

They won’t lose a single fan. Some people might claim they are no longer fans but JETS fans don’t quit 

Quit no. Tune out? Absolutely.

Johnsons are lucky as pig on Thanksgiving that COVID means empty stadiums this year.