Who wants Harbaugh now?!?!?!!

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We're basing it on one game?

It’s not just one game at this point.  

Choked in the Super Bowl.

Has choked countless times against Michigan State.

Doesn’t show up in the big games against Ohio State.

Just lost back to back games to an awful Michigan state team and now blows a big one against Indiana.

Something is off here.  It doesn’t help that Greg Roman has gained a reputation for developing QBs because it looks more and more like he was the reason that Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick were so efficient under Harbaugh, and not Harbaugh himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just lost back to back games to an awful Michigan state team and now blows a big one against Indiana.

Something is off here.  It doesn’t help that Greg Roman has gained a reputation for developing QBs because it looks more and more like he was the reason that Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick were so efficient under Harbaugh, and not Harbaugh himself.

That’s interesting. 

26 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes but it's a big game. lol

He really hasn't done squat with Michigan. He can't even get past Ohio State. 

That he hasnt met peoples expectations at Michigan is an issue, not losing one game.  I hear you though

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Check out how he did the week before against Michigan State who lost to Rutgers. Harbaugh has been terrible for quite awhile now so no one is basing anything on one game.

Look up his entire record at Michigan.  I dont go back and forth over one game

And I dont want him for other reasons.

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It is one game when you run to the board to scream do you want him now.

Hes failed to develop Patterson who I believe was highly rated coming to Michigan.

You can keep Roman as a QB whisperer.  Kaep? one year?  Tyrod?  Ugh. Smith was a top rated and drafted QB and at best was a game manager.  Even Jackson, hes a bottom ranked QB today

I don't want him, and I'm a Michigan fan.   

His issue isn't recruiting (which was the big issue for someone like Kingsbury), his main issue has been an absolute inability develop a QB during his tenure.  I remember Shea Patterson was a projected first round talent when he transferred from Ole Miss, and he went completely down the drain.  McCaffery was a highly sought after recruit and nothing.  UM usually has good OL/DL, it's his inability to change talent with scheme that is outdated.  He constantly seems to come up short in big games, and he's a mess to work with apparently.   

I want someone that can actually install an offense.  It's a league that runs top down from the offense, and we need someone that can run a modern offense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Yea... when i heard Joel Klatt mention that Harbaugh could leave UM and just "Drive around in a van" for a while, it make me really rethink that marriage. He doesn't honestly seem up to the task at this point in his life. 

Which means the Jets will make him the highest paid coach in the NFL... ?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It is one game when you run to the board to scream do you want him now.

Hes failed to develop Patterson who I believe was highly rated coming to Michigan.

You can keep Roman as a QB whisperer.  Kaep? one year?  Tyrod?  Ugh. Smith was a top rated and drafted QB and at best was a game manager.  Even Jackson, hes a bottom ranked QB today

Disagree pops.  The criticism is well warranted. You know me, I’ll happily take Roman.  Statistically, his offenses are incredibly efficient, no matter who is under center.  Give him a talent like Lawrence or Fields and I think he will thrive as a head coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Disagree pops.  The criticism is well warranted. You know me, I’ll happily take Roman.  Statistically, his offenses are incredibly efficient, no matter who is under center.  Give him a talent like Lawrence or Fields and I think he will thrive as a head coach.

Roman wouldnt exist if it wasnt for Harbaugh. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, you like Roman, I want nothing to do with a run first OC in todays NFL.  Beyond that, what a guy is as an OC has nothing to do with the bigger job, building a program.  So theres more to it than just having run an efficient offense in SF and Baltimore.  Bills weren't the same

Harbaugh is still my top choice.

College is success is 90% recruiting.

Jim Harbaugh is a psychopath going up against OSU for top prospects. Parents don’t want their kids committing to someone who climbs a tree in their backyard.

Harbaugh is better suited for the NFL and had success at Stanford because he was lucky enough to recruit Luck. But he developed him and along with Alex Smith and Colin Kapernick in the NFL.

I’m all in on Jim. 

It's not one game.  Harbaugh has games like this all over his resume at Michigan. Worse than this.  Indiana is pretty good actually.  

Maybe Harbaugh can recapture his magic when he gets back to the NFL.  I have my doubts, but I could probably live with hiring him.  However anyone pretending his tenure at Michigan has been anything but mediocre is kidding themselves.

• Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, you like Roman, I want nothing to do with a run first OC in todays NFL.  Beyond that, what a guy is as an OC has nothing to do with the bigger job, building a program.  So theres more to it than just having run an efficient offense in SF and Baltimore.  Bills weren't the same

I don’t care what he favors if it scores points.  He, also, doesn’t run a traditional “run-first” offense.

Our most successful head coach in the last 20 years was a rookie head coach without a clue on how to “build a program “.  If you wanna go back a few years, the guy we both agree “built the best program” was a first time head coach in Mangini.  Getting someone who has experience doesn’t mean you’re going to get results.  Harbaugh was seen as a power hungry lighting rod in SF and many respected veterans said that his act wore thin by the time he left there.  Now he’s going to be looked at, ultimately, as a failure at Michigan and that is what you want to consider bringing in?  Sorry, but no thanks.

Lastly, I’ll defend Roman one last time by leaving this here:DBF43E22-D734-43F8-8E18-7E25225950FB.thumb.png.c1a0820223964c49d9fb58a0147f8bc1.png

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s looking more and more likely that Harbaugh wouldn’t be looked at the same way if it wasn’t for Roman.

Harbaugh has 10x the track record that Roman does, both before and after Roman worked with him. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It's not one game.  Harbaugh has games like this all over his resume at Michigan. Worse than this.  Indiana bis pretty good actually.  

Maybe Harbaugh can recapture his magic when he gets back to the NFL.  I have my doubts, but I could probably live with hiring him.  However anyone pretending his tenure at Michigan has been anything but mediocre is kidding themselves.

Harbaugh hasn’t lived up to the hype of joining that Saban/Dabo/Meyer class at the college ranks, but he’s a damn good coach that is better equipped for the NFL.

Like I said, I can’t think of a more important HC hire in my 45+ years as a fan of this sh*tstain.

The Johnson Bros interviewed Harbaugh before they hired Rex and supposedly wanted him before they inevitably settled on Bowles and then Gase afterwards.

Seal the deal this time

Even if Harbaugh doesn’t get us to the motherland within 4-5 years, at least I have faith in him to not completely ruin Lawrence/Fields and build up a respectable team on all 3 sides of the ball during his tenure.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I will take choking in the Super Bowl at this point 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Harbaugh has 10x the track record that Roman does, both before and after Roman worked with him. 

Only one of them has developed a QB and run a high octane offense since they’ve split, and it isn’t Harbaugh.  His track record, especially as of late, is nothing short of mediocre.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We're basing it on one game?

Have you seen his record at michigan? He's been a failure for years. Michigan wants him gone.

He's never beaten ohio state. Pretty sure he's .500 against michigan state. No big ten titles. I think just one bowl win.

A great coach, like Nick saban and urban meyer, destroy college football. He's been bad unless you count all those wins against rutgers and Maryland.

You are remembering what he did 5-10 years ago. Can we not bring in a guy his former employer fires.... Again?!