The Johnson Effect

BettyBoop

Every Jets fan, except one moron, and virtually everyone in NFL circles knows that Gaze will be shown the door at the end of the season.  It’s a fait accompli.  It’s another reset button and we must hope for the best.  There will be competition for the best candidates.  In all likelihood Atlanta, Jacksonville, LAC, Houston, probably Detroit and Dallas.  The reality is the Jets are in as good or in better shape than most of those teams due to draft picks and cap space, as well as having a respected GM in place.

On the other hand, most if not all of the candidates, will likely be reluctant to join the Johnson sh*tshow.  They are known instigators who know virtually nothing about football and bring in other non-football people to interfere in critical decisions.  We now know why Mike McCarthy was so interested in the job two years ago.  He can’t coach!  So we were left with Adam’s Gaze.  Even a guy like Rhule walked away because he couldn’t bring in his own assistants.  Now we will likely go after one of his assistants!   

I think Harbaugh would do a good job with the Jets, albeit for no more than four years before he would wear out his welcome under normal circumstances.  On the other hand I don’t think he could survive even short term given the fact that he would have to bounce all decisions off of Woody, Fredo, Hymie and others.  Imagine how Harbaugh would feel having to explain to Hymie why he wants to implement a game plan.  It would be a recipe for disaster.

The only people who would accept such stupidity are guys named Mangini, Rex, Idzik, Maccagnann and Gaze.  Losers all.  I don’t see how this changes anytime soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Well...you’re not wrong.

My only retort is that minus The Rooneys, none of these other owners are football people. They did however hire the right person(s) at some point. But it doesn’t necessarily make our outlook worse. 

Kraft lucked out with Brady out of nowhere carrying Belichick who was on the verge of getting fired, to hall of fame status.

I think we have the right GM. The 1st pick will attract the right coach and also hopefully be our FQB for 15 seasons plus.

If we keep losing the rest of 2020, I think we’ll be fine...for once.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Every Jets fan, except one moron, and virtually everyone in NFL circles knows that Gaze will be shown the door at the end of the season.  It’s a fait accompli.  It’s another reset button and we must hope for the best.  There will be competition for the best candidates.  In all likelihood Atlanta, Jacksonville, LAC, Houston, probably Detroit and Dallas.  The reality is the Jets are in as good or in better shape than most of those teams due to draft picks and cap space, as well as having a respected GM in place.

On the other hand, most if not all of the candidates, will likely be reluctant to join the Johnson sh*tshow.  They are known instigators who know virtually nothing about football and bring in other non-football people to interfere in critical decisions.  We now know why Mike McCarthy was so interested in the job two years ago.  He can’t coach!  So we were left with Adam’s Gaze.  Even a guy like Rhule walked away because he couldn’t bring in his own assistants.  Now we will likely go after one of his assistants!   

I think Harbaugh would do a good job with the Jets, albeit for no more than four years before he would wear out his welcome under normal circumstances.  On the other hand I don’t think he could survive even short term given the fact that he would have to bounce all decisions off of Woody, Fredo, Hymie and others.  Imagine how Harbaugh would feel having to explain to Hymie why he wants to implement a game plan.  It would be a recipe for disaster.

The only people who would accept such stupidity are guys named Mangini, Rex, Idzik, Maccagnann and Gaze.  Losers all.  I don’t see how this changes anytime soon.

Money is the Elixir that cures all and always has and will be the one thing that can lure even the best coach our of College or the Pro's.

18 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Every Jets fan, except one moron, and virtually everyone in NFL circles knows that Gaze will be shown the door at the end of the season.  It’s a fait accompli.  

Everyone thinks Gase should be fired.

But if the one moron who doesn't is named "Johnson" all bets are off.  

I won't exhale until the Jets issue an official statement saying Gase has been relieved of HC responsibilities.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Well...you’re not wrong.

My only retort is that minus The Rooneys, none of these other owners are football people. They did however hire the right person(s) at some point. But it doesn’t necessarily make our outlook worse. 

Kraft lucked out with Brady out of nowhere carrying Belichick who was on the verge of getting fired, to hall of fame status.

I think we have the right GM. The 1st pick will attract the right coach and also hopefully be our FQB for 15 seasons plus.

If we keep losing the rest of 2020, I think we’ll be fine...for once.

The Rooney’s may be football people but it still took them about 45 years to field a winning team.  There are some bad points about the jets organization but they aren’t alone, even on the winning teams.  I think what they will need to do is make sure Douglas is the guy between the coach and the rest of the front office.  

One thing I would say about the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rooney's.  I know they have had considerable stability and success and are considered an elite NFL franchise.  I believe they have always been owned by the Rooney family who. like the Mara's, have only one real business: the NFL franchise that they own.  I also remember in the late 1960s, when the Steelers were an "NFL-precursor to NFC" team, they were terrible.  In fact, they were the only team the Giants could expect to beat when the Giants were in the early throes of their 17 year playoff drought.  Franchises can be turned around if the owners just let people who really know football run their football operations.  Maybe this year will shock the Johnsons into doing the sensible thing.  

The situation with HCs is similar to the high drafted QBs-QBs don't want to get drafted by bad teams, where their careers could be adversely impacted, but they are being paid $40mm guaranteed, so they usually take it.  Let's see with TL does with the Jets.

HCs are the same way.  Guys like Mangini, Bowles, Edwards, Gase and Ryan were going to take the guaranteed contract and hope for the best.  Not all of these guys recovered.  Someone will take the Johnsons' money to HC the Jets, but unless there is a fundamental change, it will likely be a less than stellar quality candidate.  

There could be a change in path here, like there was for Douglas.  The Johnsons tried to pay Douglas less per year for less years, and he held out for more per year for more years.  Hopefully someone like a Harbaugh does the same thing.

But if your choice is to play for the Johnsons or Arthur Blank, I may choose Blank.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The situation with HCs is similar to the high drafted QBs-QBs don't want to get drafted by bad teams, where their careers could be adversely impacted, but they are being paid $40mm guaranteed, so they usually take it.  Let's see with TL does with the Jets.

HCs are the same way.  Guys like Mangini, Bowles, Edwards, Gase and Ryan were going to take the guaranteed contract and hope for the best.  Not all of these guys recovered.  Someone will take the Johnsons' money to HC the Jets, but unless there is a fundamental change, it will likely be a less than stellar quality candidate.  

There could be a change in path here, like there was for Douglas.  The Johnsons tried to pay Douglas less per year for less years, and he held out for more per year for more years.  Hopefully someone like a Harbaugh does the same thing.

But if your choice is to play for the Johnsons or Arthur Blank, I may choose Blank.  

I’d never hire a GM who didn’t negotiate hard on his contract