Congrats joe and adam

kmnj

You reached the pinnacle a true first in jets history - a new franchise record way to go guys 

Gase you made the  record book as the worst coach in jets history with yesterday’s loss - such a genius 

joe d you built the worst roster in one year bringing in pure trash  free agents and a drafted some real losers starting in round three - you took a six win team and made it a zero win team - parcels took a one win team to the playoffs the next year you took a  6 win to to the depths of hell and your name will appear next to Adam Gase”s

this was no planned tank but two guys really bad at their job - the good news is their incompetence will result in our next franchise qb -Adam I know you will groom him like you did Sam and Tanny and Hoe I know you will be true to Trevor and promise his folks you will protect him and surround him with elite weapons 

Joe and Adam the beauty is next game you get to improve upon your records and add another chapter to the record books 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 13
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

With the upcoming draft picks and cap space, I think next year we will compete for the playoffs, IF we fire that turd Gase (don't let SORE I hear that!). I did not like the Morgan pick, but otherwise the draft was anywhere from respectable (a first in many, many years...) to great. Regardless of what anyone on this board says, it will be at least two more years before we can truly rate JD's first draft. But so far, so good.

Looking forward to the Jets future for once...

31 minutes ago, Drums said:

Has the Gooch downvoted this yet?

Ha, who is that? I never posted at JI, but I think he's from there based on past reading of that place. I noticed that he downvotes everything here, especially nice or innocent stuff. Must be a schtick. Then again, maybe not. "My Grandma died. Poor Grandma." ?

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Ha, who is that? I never posted at JI, but I think he's from there based on past reading of that place. I noticed that he downvotes everything here, especially nice or innocent stuff. Must be a schtick. Then again, maybe not. "My Grandma died. Poor Grandma." ?

I only know him as the downvoter haha

6 hours ago, SR24 said:

We’re in a great spot as a franchise right now believe it or not. Like @K Clue said above, Joe D’s rookie class has actually been productive and looks promising.We’re now heading into a draft where all signs point to us landing the best QB prospect of the last decade. After Joe D flips Sam for a 1 or a 2 he will likely own 4 picks within the first 33. We also have the 2nd most cap space in the league right now and are projected to be among the teams with the most this off season. So we’ll likely have Lawrence, Seattle’s pick, Darnolds 1 and the 1st pick of the 2nd round, + a ton of cap space in an offseason where teams are going to be shedding contracts due to restricted caps (Saints,Steelers)......  it’s like a diet man we just gotta get through a few more weeks of bad football, and then the offseason is when we’ll start to see our results. Also any coach is going to want to come here don’t think otherwise and don’t let morons like Max Kellerman and these other blowjobs on tv tell you otherwise. Lawrence+the picks+the cap+ coaching a team that just went 0-16+NY Market= Desirable location.

on what planet do you think Sam is a 1 or 2??????  A 4 would be good right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

I say we all sing Lou Holtz's fight song. 

Win the game, fight like men

We’re together win or lose

New York Jets go rolling along …

When behind don’t despair

Because we will win if you care...

And wherever we go

We’ll let the critic know

That the Jets are here to stay!

We are going to move the ball. I just hope to God it’s forward- Lou Holtz, wishful thinker.

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Win the game, fight like men

We’re together win or lose

New York Jets go rolling along …

When behind don’t despair

Because we will win if you care...

And wherever we go

We’ll let the critic know

That the Jets are here to stay!

We are going to move the ball. I just hope to God it’s forward- Lou Holtz, wishful thinker.

Worst HC in the history of the Jets.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

You reached the pinnacle a true first in jets history - a new franchise record way to go guys 

Gase you made the  record book as the worst coach in jets history with yesterday’s loss - such a genius 

joe d you built the worst roster in one year bringing in pure trash  free agents and a drafted some real losers starting in round three - you took a six win team and made it a zero win team - parcels took a one win team to the playoffs the next year you took a  6 win to to the depths of hell and your name will appear next to Adam Gase”s

this was no planned tank but two guys really bad at their job - the good news is their incompetence will result in our next franchise qb -Adam I know you will groom him like you did Sam and Tanny and Hoe I know you will be true to Trevor and promise his folks you will protect him and surround him with elite weapons 

Joe and Adam the beauty is next game you get to improve upon your records and add another chapter to the record books 

24083382-standard.jpg

These two morons are the reason you feel this way this morning.

Adam and Joe are here to fix things.  It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agent period to undo 10 years of awful drafting.  Show them some support.  Show them some patience.  Jesus.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

on what planet do you think Sam is a 1 or 2??????  A 4 would be good right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2913161-sam-darnold-trade-rumors-exec-would-consider-dealing-1st-round-pick-for-jets-qb.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/trading_for_jets_qb_sam_darnold_will_take_second_fifth_round_picks/s1_13132_33283694

You can find articles arguing the contrary as well but in the few trades we’ve seen with Joe D he’s gotten solid value. I think we’ll get a late 1 or a 2nd+ something else for him   

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

His value is only going to drop between now and the offseason.  Either he continues to stay hurt and teams stay away because he's a soft b*tch.  Or he sees the field and continues to sh*t his pants on the field.  

Meanwhile, the closer you get to the draft, the more teams value their own picks.  Especially high round picks.  The middle/late round picks are going to be bigger dart throws than usual thanks to the pandemic and a bunch of teams not playing.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His value is only going to drop between now and the offseason.  Either he continues to stay hurt and teams stay away because he's a soft b*tch.  Or he sees the field and continues to sh*t his pants on the field.  

Meanwhile, the closer you get to the draft, the more teams value their own picks.  Especially high round picks.  The middle/late round picks are going to be bigger dart throws than usual thanks to the pandemic and a bunch of teams not playing.

Definitely some fair points there. I still think we’ll get solid value based on his age and the situation he’s in it’s gonna be an interesting off season. Too much doom and gloom on here though even if we only got a 4th for him we’re still in a good spot based on the other picks and the cap!

I'm not totally unhappy with JD, he is batting about 500 right now. The OP does make one very solid point. The expectations coming in were not to tank. It evolved into that and I blame Gase for it. The others especially Sam have contributed but it is the HC who is ultimately responsible for the teams performance.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam and Joe are here to fix things.  It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agent period to undo 10 years of awful drafting.  Show them some support.  Show them some patience.  Jesus.

SAR I

Adam is here to go 0-16 and so far so good. 

Your belief that last season's Novembers and Decembers wins would help him in 2020's final games is proving wrong.

Other than losing every remaining game, Gase can't help.  I can't wait for Black Friday (after we secure that coveted first pick in the draft).

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, K Clue said:

Joe Douglas’s draft class is actually looking good so far, minus the James Morgan pick this is definitely the best draft class this team has had in years. Just imagine if they would have hired Douglas before the 2019 draft instead of after, the team would be better off then we are right now. I know it’s still a little early, but he has already proved he’s a drafter than Mac and Idzik, remember they’re both a big reason why this team lacks talent, their terrible draft picks set this franchise back not JD!

I WISH he would have taken center Hennessey with the pick he used on Captain Morgan.  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think a team like the Colts, steelers, bucs, 49ers, saints, and possibly the bears could be potential landing spots. Most of these teams will be picking later in the draft. And they all have older qbs, and could groom darnold to take over in a year or 2. 

I think the perception around the league is that he was givin absolutely 0 help from the jets, and he's too young to give up on. He was a good prospect and still just 23. For a late 1 or 2 he might be the best "prospect" available for a qb needy team. 

As much as we have turned on him, the rest of the league hasn't declared him a bust yet IMO. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

24083382-standard.jpg

SAR I

Parcels took 1 win team to playoffs 

patience lol 40+ years of going to games 

I own numerous psls- u are  what your record says and joe and Adam are captains of maybe the worst teams in nfl history 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, viffer said:

With the upcoming draft picks and cap space, I think next year we will compete for the playoffs, IF we fire that turd Gase (don't let SORE I hear that!). I did not like the Morgan pick, but otherwise the draft was anywhere from respectable (a first in many, many years...) to great. Regardless of what anyone on this board says, it will be at least two more years before we can truly rate JD's first draft. But so far, so good.

Looking forward to the Jets future for once...

Please no optimism here.  This is a Jets board.  Jets were bad, the Jets are bad, and the Jets always will be bad.  And genuflect after reading.

25 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I own numerous psls- u are  what your record says and joe and Adam are captains of maybe the worst teams in nfl history 

Yeah and all that cost us was Peyton Manning and Bill Belichek. Totally worth it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, talonmm said:

Adam is here to go 0-16 and so far so good. 

Your belief that last season's Novembers and Decembers wins would help him in 2020's final games is proving wrong.

Other than losing every remaining game, Gase can't help.  I can't wait for Black Friday (after we secure that coveted first pick in the draft).

I thought the Jets would have a good season.  Darnold taking next steps, Mosley returning, Adams playing at a high level, Bell 'energized', Mims and Crowder and Perriman and Herndon all playing together.

Darnold busted and can't stay healthy.  Mosley, opted out.  Adams traded, Bell released.  None of the WR's healthy until Week 8.  Another pile of injuries on the OL and on D.  

Adam Gase can't control injuries and he didn't draft poorly since 2011.  He's not God and he's not Mike Maccagnan.  You can't win in the NFL with a roster as bad and as injured as this one.  Looks like Gase and Douglas had a good draft this year.  The team is playing hard despite their hopeless circumstances.  Bodes well for our future.

SAR I

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Yeah, in 2 years, this is the first year for Douglas and Gase.  And Parcells got lucky in that his backup quarterback turned out to be a league MVP candidate .  Joe Flacco '20 is no Vinny Testaverde '98.  If Gase had that type of quarterback right now, we'd be a .500 team right now.

54 minutes ago, kmnj said:

You wanted the Jets to build "the right way" and this is what it looks like.  You need to tear the whole thing down and get players on proper contracts with proper timing in order to ascend in a reasonable timeframe.  The Jets are making good decisions on the roster now and the draft looks strong now.  These are good signs.  Show a little more patience.

56 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I own numerous PSL's as well.  John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan are what our record says they are.  Douglas and Gase have nothing to do with this predicament.  They are here to fix things.  And I like what I see in both men so far under very trying circumstances.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, in 2 years, this is the first year for Douglas and Gase.  And Parcells got lucky in that his backup quarterback turned out to be a league MVP candidate .  Joe Flacco '20 is no Vinny Testaverde '98.  If Gase had that type of quarterback right now, we'd be a .500 team right now.

You wanted the Jets to build "the right way" and this is what it looks like.  You need to tear the whole thing down and get players on proper contracts with proper timing in order to ascend in a reasonable timeframe.  The Jets are making good decisions on the roster now and the draft looks strong now.  These are good signs.  Show a little more patience.

I own numerous PSL's as well.  John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan are what our record says they are.  Douglas and Gase have nothing to do with this predicament.  They are here to fix things.  And I like what I see in both men so far under very trying circumstances.

SORE I

A6F3E4EE-924F-4013-984E-BA7E327C0654.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

24083382-standard.jpg

“Adam” and Joe are here to fix things.  It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agent period to undo 10 years of awful drafting.  Show them some support.  Show them some patience.  Jesus.

SORE I

“Adam”...that is precious.