Jets \ Raiders Game Thread

Maxman

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Hold on...lemme think....    Gase calls TO's cos the thinks the Radiuhs will score and we'll need time... pisses off GW

We give them the ball bakc and GW calls zero blitz b/c phukk you Gase?

golpe boxeo GIF

The zero blitz was called bc Carr struggled against it all day and he was picking the Jets apart when he had time. 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I yelled so loud my son sprinted downstairs to see if I had just won the lottery.  I've given him the year off from watching this mess.

My wife had our sound machine on in another room and could still hear my son's F bombs clear as day.  LOL.  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This guy would probably pick a safety over Pat Mahomes. 

THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN THE F___IN' MESS.

What mess would we be in if god turns out to be an average QB.We have a QB. Give him an o- line that can pass block on a game by game basis,and another receiver and we'll be just fine

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

What mess would we be in if god turns out to be an average QB.We have a QB. Give him an o- line that can pass block on a game by game basis,and another receiver and we'll be just fine

Our QB sucks.

• Upvote 4

I have fought and fought against the tank mentality for years. To lose games and move down from the 9th pick to the 5th pick, I hate the thought of rooting for the Jets to lose. 
This situation is different. The Jets are headed towards the first pick. They have maybe 15 - 20 returning players, so many guys on one year deals. They have a GM that looks like he can draft. They have picks and cap room.
The Jets winning this year doesn't help the franchise.  I despise the thought of "tanking" under most circumstances. The only way you tank is for the 1st overall pick if a big time QB prospect is coming out.

I’m with this.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

right. 3 turnovers, less than 200 yards, cant reach the EZ on a hail mary.

• Upvote 1

I agree.  Single coverage on Ruggs?!   I really think we threw the game.

I have no doubt that those defensive calls were intended to give the Raiders every chance of winning. I am no football genius for sure, but Gregg Williams is, and there is no way he has no safety coverage when the only play that can beat you is a 46 yard passing TD.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The “Anti-Tank” crowd lecturing others on telling people what they should and shouldn’t root for is so unbelievably thick with irony that I can’t fathom how one of them even decided posting about it was a good idea.

i tryda leave yall alone mostly. i cant help wanting to win. but i claim no moral high ground. 

i'm wired that was is all. 

so i wont say you shouldnt root for the tank. its more i just cant get myself there.

and i am not onvinced in any one QB prospect, either

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, genot said:

Well, right now, the Jets have a monster LT and at least one other OL guy (Fant); a decent slot guy and #2 WR in Crowder and Mims; and perhaps based on today 2 decent backs. And a pile of cap room and draft picks. Like Douglas's chances, and like the idea of a new coach. Winning any games would be POINTLESS. All these "trade down " types,; sorry, tired of being told we got the NEXT GREATEST PICK IN THE DRAFT at some nonpremium position while another franchise gets the shiny QB that wins championships. 

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

right. 3 turnovers, less than 200 yards, cant reach the EZ on a hail mary.

Oh please.  He was blindsided on those fumbles. They weren't even touched. Darnold didn't complete that hail mary. Proof positive he stinks.

8 minutes ago, genot said:

At this point, Average would be a massive upgrade.  

I'll take it.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have fought and fought against the tank mentality for years. To lose games and move down from the 9th pick to the 5th pick, I hate the thought of rooting for the Jets to lose. 

This situation is different. The Jets are headed towards the first pick. They have maybe 15 - 20 returning players, so many guys on one year deals. They have a GM that looks like he can draft. They have picks and cap room.

The Jets winning this year doesn't help the franchise.  I despise the thought of "tanking" under most circumstances. The only way you tank is for the 1st overall pick if a big time QB prospect is coming out.

Yup.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I've advocated for a bad record and no moral wins during past seasons when the jets had done bad to start the year, but I never really actively rooted against them on game day. Despite that, I've never felt dejected about the Jets winning a game until this year, and today specifically. I was literally depressed that I though they had won today, and would be picking second.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Well, right now, the Jets have a monster LT and at least one other OL guy (Fant); a decent slot guy and #2 WR in Crowder and Mims; and perhaps based on today 2 decent backs. And a pile of cap room and draft picks. Like Douglas's chances, and like the idea of a new coach. Winning any games would be POINTLESS. All these "trade down " types,; sorry, tired of being told we got the NEXT GREATEST PICK IN THE DRAFT at some nonpremium position while another franchise gets the shiny QB that wins championships. 

We have no pass rush. No shutdown corner. Offensive guard in todays league are important because of the QW's that are being drafted into the league. Our guards today we're Andrews and Eiflien. That's not gonna do it.