Jets \ Raiders Game Thread

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Boomer just floated the trying to lose angle 

coverage was designed to fail 

Certainly looked that way.  All you have to do is play your D not to get best deep.  That’s all.  Blitzing in that situation — especially with the lack of success this D has had with it — was insane.

My son and I erupted in joy on the Ruggs play as if the Jets had just one the Super Bowl.  The fact that I have been reduced to rooting HARD for the Jets to lose like this makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Damn this team.

Same here...I haven’t cheered that loud all season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I blame Gase for making my loudest football cheering of 2020 being an absolutely heart breaking last second defeat.

No joke, my son and I just got yelled at by my wife 'cause we went absolutely bonkers yelling and jumping around.  Like we just won the Super Bowl.  lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

I started watching Lawrence when this board started having wet dreams about him, and I haven’t been impressed. He is a good QB on a great team. Great receivers catch passes at their ankles or behind them. If we do get him, two years from now the tankers will be crying.

This is, sorta, my angle as well. Not that I am PREDICTING he will not work out, just that HE MAY NOT WORK OUT. Cos, well, cos Jets.

And there are at least 4 decent prospects. So, each week I still wish for my team to win.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, viffer said:

I started watching Lawrence when this board started having wet dreams about him, and I haven’t been impressed. He is a good QB on a great team. Great receivers catch passes at their ankles or behind them. If we do get him, two years from now the tankers will be crying.

His deep ball accuracy is a big problem.

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Certainly looked that way.  All you have to do is play your D not to get best deep.  That’s all.  Blitzing in that situation — especially with the lack of success this D has had with it — was insane.

W/ power structure and all..  imagine if Gase fores G Williams afetr the game!

Kip Yes GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess I just don't see the point in the fans who keep repeating that they can't root for losses.  We get it.  Good on you, I suppose.

People choose different ways to be entertained by their team.  Who cares.

Not sure why you are getting so upset at my post.  I have great respect for you and usually we get along fine.  I simply said if we get the top pick fine but I still root for my team.  Didn’t think that’s a big issue but Anyway take care 

You tankers for Trevor are living in fantasy land. Your delusional. Or it's simply a man crush on a cute college QB.  This game is a prime example of why the Jets will trade down. No pass rush. No shutdown corner. A weak interior line against good front 7's. Are o- line is so bad, our best receiving TE is rendered useless because he's kept in to block. Trading down allows us to address all those issues with high end college talent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

His deep ball accuracy is a big problem.

I think many on here feel it's about Trevor. For me it's about the 1st pick. JD can then evaluate who is deserving of being chosen number 1. I don't want any meaningless wins in December. If some of you don't get that, well thats life in the NFL.

• Sympathy 2