You are complicating the draft; what to do with the 2nd pick

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You guys are seriously complicating this. 40 times don't matter for a QB or a lineman. College TD to INT ratio don't matter in college. Can a OT get to 375lbs, it doesn't matter.

Here is all you have to do, there are only 4 options.

1. Draft Zach Wilson

2. Draft Justin Fields

3. Draft Penei Sewell

4. Trade the pick

How do you figure out what to do?  You watch the tape for the first 3 options. You watch it closely. The numbers will be right there and they will not lie. You check entrance #s, you check exit #s. You check the % of attendees that stayed the full time.

When it comes to the draft, you look at how many people went to Wilson, Fields and Sewell's 21st birthday party. It is a pandemic year, so you can allow for the quarantine factor. If 75% of the team went to one of these guys 21st birthday party, that is your guy.

EDIT:  I JUST REALIZED WE HAVE A PROBLEM.  Penei Sewell is 20 years old. He doesn't turn 21 until October.

REVISED DRAFT PLAN:  Joe Douglas to send out an evite for Sewell's 21st. If everyone responds yes, that is the guy.

You have found the formula!!!

465DB07C-309B-4D2E-94F9-9AEF13F7D547.jpeg

• Haha 1

The first big mission of our new HC is to determine if Sam is salvageable.  I was a big fan of Sam, but he has been a big disappointment the last few weeks.  I wonder if his shoulder injury is worse then they are letting on.  If they feel Sam can be the man then I go with Sewell.  If they do not see Sam developing I draft Wilson if they think he can be a franchise QB.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You guys are seriously complicating this. 40 times don't matter for a QB or a lineman. College TD to INT ratio don't matter in college. Can a OT get to 375lbs, it doesn't matter.

1. Draft Zach Wilson

2. Draft Justin Fields

3. Draft Penei Sewell

4. Trade the pick

How do you figure out what to do?  You watch the tape for the first 3 options. You watch it closely. The numbers will be right there and they will not lie. You check entrance #s, you check exit #s. You check the % of attendees that stayed the full time.

When it comes to the draft, you look at how many people went to Wilson, Fields and Sewell's 21st birthday party. It is a pandemic year, so you can allow for the quarantine factor. If 75% of the team went to one of these guys 21st birthday party, that is your guy.

EDIT:  I JUST REALIZED WE HAVE A PROBLEM.  Penei Sewell is 20 years old. He doesn't turn 21 until October.

REVISED DRAFT PLAN:  Joe Douglas to send out an evite for Sewell's 21st. If everyone responds yes, that is the guy.

Either I draft Sewell or trade the pick and move down a few spots. JD's call. Me? , I wouldn't go past #5-6  in a trade. 

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Check out the BYU v Coastal Carolina game and watch how Wilson's teammates reacted when he was the victim of a Coastal cheapshot.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

1. Draft Zach Wilson

2. Draft Justin Fields

3. Draft Penei Sewell

4. Trade the pick

Are you suggesting we wait till next year for a QB when Bo Callahan comes out ? 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

1. Draft Zach Wilson

2. Draft Justin Fields

3. Draft Penei Sewell

4. Trade the pick

Draft Day was a very good movie until they got to those ridiculous draft day trades.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

The first big mission of our new HC is to determine if Sam is salvageable.  I was a big fan of Sam, but he has been a big disappointment the last few weeks.  I wonder if his shoulder injury is worse then they are letting on.  If they feel Sam can be the man then I go with Sewell.  If they do not see Sam developing I draft Wilson if they think he can be a franchise QB.

hc and douglas.  the hc has to see if darnold can fit into the system and douglas needs to know if he has to shop for a qb.

1 hour ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

based on his pancaking of a cleveland LB last week, i would rule out the shoulder.

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Check out the BYU v Coastal Carolina game and watch how Wilson's teammates reacted when he was the victim of a Coastal cheapshot.

Can you provide some insight? Did his teammates defend him or try and lynch the guy? Being that they're mostly Mormon, perhaps they prayed for the guy and tried to convert him to believe that he'll become a god on a distant planet after his demise.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

1. Draft Zach Wilson

2. Draft Justin Fields

3. Draft Penei Sewell

4. Trade the pick

So very Jetsy!! I had a good laugh at that one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Becton's LT performance last week vs Myles Garrett was problematic 

Garrett almost ripped Sam Darnold's arm off on that FF that was called incomplete  

he's given up, what? 8 sacks this year? 

Don't get me wrong I love Becton, the dude is a mauler but it's possible isn't very great at pass protection  

the whole team improves with his move to RT 

especially the QB who can at least see it coming from the front side

I'm not totally against your ideas on Sewell but I do believe you're overhyping Becton's problems with Garrett.  Garrett beat him on a few plays.  Becton dominated him on a few plays as well.  Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden got beat too... 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Can you provide some insight? Did his teammates defend him or try and lynch the guy? Being that they're mostly Mormon, perhaps they prayed for the guy and tried to convert him to believe that he'll become a god on a distant planet after his demise.

Go watch it. Search under "BYU Coastal Brawl" or "Mormons vs. Mullets"

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

1. Draft Zach Wilson

2. Draft Justin Fields

3. Draft Penei Sewell

4. Trade the pick

Nbc GIF by SVU

15 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not totally against your ideas on Sewell but I do believe you're overhyping Becton's problems with Garrett.  Garrett beat him on a few plays.  Becton dominated him on a few plays as well.  Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden got beat too... 

Highway 77 is a game changer in run blocking. He has all pro level skills there. 

he's only just Ok at Pass Blocking and relies on his size 

sounds like a right tackle by most definition 

again not saying this to bash the guy, he's probably my favorite NY Jet at the moment. 

put it another way they are a left handed offense right now, adding Sewell means they can run in 2 directions instead of just 1 

and protect the blind side better than current 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1