Jets Interviewed Eric Bieniemy Today

1 minute ago, InstantClassic said:

The Jets have interviewed Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for their head coaching vacancy.

Bienemy has been coaching with Kansas City since 2013. He started as a running backs coach before he was promoted to OC before the 2018 season. The Chiefs led the NFL in total offense (303.4 yds/g) and passing offense (303.4) in the 2020 season while earning the AFC's No. 1 seed with a 14-2 record. KC also ranked No. 6 in the NFL in points scored per game (29.6).

In each of his three seasons as offensive coordinator, Bienemy has orchestrated an offense that's finished no worse than sixth in the NFL in total yards per game and points per game. KC has a 38-10 record since he was named OC.

A running backs coach at UCLA from 2003-5, Bieniemy served in the same capacity for the Vikings (2006-10) and the Chiefs (2013-17). In between those two stints, Bieniemy was Colorado's offensive coordinator in 2011-12. He started his coaching career as the Buffaloes' RB coach from 2001-02.

After playing collegiately at Colorado, Bieniemy was a second-round pick of the San Diego Chargers in the 1991 draft (No. 39 overall). He played nine seasons with three teams (San Diego 1991-94), Cincinnati (1995-98) and Philadelphia (1999), appearing in 124 games. He rushed for 1,589 yards and 11 touchdowns, and caught 146 passes for 1,223 yards. Bienemy, who's from New Orleans, played for Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid in his last pro year with the Eagles.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Typical Yankee fan response. Doesn't realize when his team has lost, and refuses to accept reality.

Confused.  Wasn't Steve Cohen supposed to buy you an All Star team by now?

Listen, if you're a Jets fan and don't understand after 25 years that our next head coach is going to be worse than the one who preceded him, you need to go grab a bottle of Jack and keep sipping it for the next month.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 5

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Confused.  Wasn't Steve Cohen supposed to buy you an All Star team by now?

Listen, if you're a Jets fan and don't understand after 25 years that our next head coach is going to be worse than the one who preceded him, you need to go grab a bottle of Jack and keep sipping it for the next month.

SAR I

1. The offseason isn't over. And no, I don't expect him to buy an all star team. I expect him to invest in infrastructure to improve analytics, to improve the talent and make investments in the minor league, and to make smart, prudent moves in increments to improve the big league club.

2. I do not see much issue with the next coach bettering  a 2-14 record.

• Upvote 3

I know that these short, before the season ends zoom interviews (I think they are only 30 or 60 mins long) are a new COVID related change to this year. Does anyone know if these are meant to be preliminary talk and they will narrow down the list and have a second round of typical interviews where they spend hours with the coach in person? Or are these little zoom meetings the whole thing? I mean, it's cool that we've simplified our interview process to the level of Walmart greeter. 

15 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

What uppp!

17_BIENIEMY_57989149.jpeg

Anyone thats every coached should recognize the struggle of having to figure out the right positioning when wearing a head set and a beanie.  Its almost impossible to get it sitting comfortably for an entire game and keep your head warm.  Complete nightmare. 

• Haha 3