Could DeShaun Watson be the biggest star in the history of the NY Jets since Namath?

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

It would be cool to draft Jets on my fantasy team again lol

Mims becomes a late round league winner in 2021 if Watson comes here 

The last time a Jet started on my team was Brandon Marshall when he went off in 2015. I'm just now realizing this was half a decade ago. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

The last time a Jet started on my team was Brandon Marshall when he went off in 2015. I'm just now realizing this was half a decade ago. 

Last first round Jets offensive player in fantasy drafts was CMart. Sad.

I traded Malcolm Brown and Hollywood Brown for Shenault and Mims in my keeper league this year. ? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He's probably be the best Qb this team has had but the jets are so terrible talent wise we are not magically winning unless we add talent on both sides of the ball.

Agree on defense. Watson would elevate our current weaponz bigly. #FranchiseQBthings

Acquiring Deshaun Watson would instantly take the Jets from laughing stock irrelevance to THE TALK OF THE TOWN.

* My worst nightmare is that he picks Miami over the Jets. Let's hope Good Ol Roger is working behind the scenes with Houston to ensure he goes to NY because a rising Jet team is good for the NFL and ratings. Miami has already turned the corner, the AFC East would be like the SEC. 

Don't forget the NFL is a business first. 

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Acquiring Deshaun Watson would instantly take the Jets from laughing stock irrelevance to THE TALK OF THE TOWN.

* My worst nightmare is that he picks Miami over the Jets. Let's hope Good Ol Roger is working behind the scenes with Houston to ensure he goes to NY because a rising Jet team is good for the NFL and ratings. Miami has already turned the corner, the AFC East would be like the SEC. 

Don't forget the NFL is a business first. 

I don't think it's him picking Miami, it would be Miami offering a better deal and miami is the only team that can come close to what the Jets are able to offer.

• Upvote 1

He'll be another afterthought, after we trade for him because he wasn't able to get us to the Superbowl... I can see it now all the posts, saying "What were we thinking"...

Not saying Sanchez was on any level that Watson is, however how did Sanchez do in 09/10 versus beyond once Rex started ruining that team. Once the OL started going what then ?????  How is Watson doing in Houston with nothing around him SERIOUSLY ?.  Wait they were 4-12, but had a top 10 QB in the league. QB's alone don't get you to the promised land. I get he's a great QB, but again I'll say this. This team is not a Deshaun Watson away from being a GOOD team.

I think we are a better team if we draft Field who might just be the next Watson type, and keep our picks and be smart with them and FAgency....

Here is a quote from Cimini: "The price would be exorbitant. You're talking about at least three first-round picks. Think about it: If Jamal Adams fetched two first-rounders -- a strong safety -- imagine the cost for a 25-year-old quarterback who has made three Pro Bowls and is signed through 2025".

Bad example Cimini, Seahawks overpaid and end of story.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He  * is *  the best Qb this team has  * ever *  had but the jets are so terrible talent wise we are not magically winning unless we add  * alot *  of talent on both sides of the ball.

* *  fixed    ^ ^    ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Here is a quote from Cimini: "The price would be exorbitant. You're talking about at least three first-round picks. Think about it: If Jamal Adams fetched two first-rounders -- a strong safety -- imagine the cost for a 25-year-old quarterback who has made three Pro Bowls and is signed through 2025".

On top of that the salaries are not even in the same stratosphere .... 

Edited by Dunnie

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

If they get the draft picks right, the Adams haul could make Jets playoff contenders with a good rookie QB/Darnold. 

Spending all those picks on Watson is a waste. 

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If they get the draft picks right, the Adams haul could make Jets playoff contenders with a good rookie QB/Darnold. 

Spending all those picks on Watson is a waste. 

I have a feeling they are going to end up taking Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Texans had much more talen on O than the Jets. Just Fuller and Cooks made them light years better. Watson led them to 4 wins. What happens if he comes to the Jets, we trade 3 or 4 first round picks for him and we win 4 or 5 games.  

I get your point, but we still have cap and other pics. In addition, he will attract players and is a top 5 QB. We will have to gamble with any other aforementioned QBs.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:28 AM, More Cowbell said:

The Texans had much more talen on O than the Jets. Just Fuller and Cooks made them light years better. Watson led them to 4 wins. What happens if he comes to the Jets, we trade 3 or 4 first round picks for him and we win 4 or 5 games.  

That would make us at least twice as good as this year. Not too shabby. 

That's where the GM comes in.  Good GMs acquire more good players than bad GMs. DeShaun might cost us big for a year, but the improved front office should be bringing in better players in the next few years.  Watson has proven he can elevate the players around him.

Then people would be saying he has no weapons..:soapbox:

• Upvote 1