It doesn’t stop! Watson’s marketing agent posts this on his story & it cannot be any clearer

Idk why some of you are so sure that this couldnt happen. The guy wants out.... thats pretty obvious. Plus it looks like he is not against coming here and we have to tools to get him.

so it could happen! Me ? No thanks id rather build through the draft and feel that the guy is a douchebag but IF it happens AND we start winning I MAY forget fast

• Upvote 4

How do we signal back to him that he should tell Texans management that he wants a trade, but only to the Jets, and if they refuse he will sit out, and we will reimburse every single penny he is fined thru a contract extension?!

Is that too much for Twitter?

• Haha 3

This agent is taking a risk. The Jets might be very unhappy that they are getting this pressure to make a move one way or another and may turn JD and Saleh off.

Alternatively, JD is super stoked and hoping to have all the leverage in any negotiations..

if the Jets were actually having conversations with Houston I would think that watsons camp would be more buttoned up about things. 

if he starts liking Miami posts we know JD said no thanks. 

52 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Idk why some of you are so sure that this couldnt happen. The guy wants out.... thats pretty obvious. Plus it looks like he is not against coming here and we have to tools to get him.

so it could happen! Me ? No thanks id rather build through the draft and feel that the guy is a douchebag but IF it happens AND we start winning I MAY forget fast

Looking at the twitter hints I think it's going down. He's getting support from players and ex-players.

Deshaun has done a ton of great work in his community but if a player wants to switch teams, ( not surprising given what's going on with the Texans)  you have to Jamal-Adams-strut-your-way-loud out of town.

I'd prefer to build the team OL first, but it is what it is...

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

2 of those 1's are from Jamal leaving. One would be the equivalent of what we draft at 1 usually.. like.. Sam Darnold, Darron Lee, Calvin Pryor, Leonard Williams. With our absolute garbage level of drafting I might have to take a Watson for three of our first rounds picks. Don't get me wrong, its a lot.. but considering how we usually do.. it almost feels like a safer bet.

14 minutes ago, TnT said:

Lol, I’m in Lauderdale...but no Tri County bar is safe from my bravado that’s been taken from me ever since Rexs 3rd year.

You ever want to cause problems at the Downtown Duffys, hit me up! ? 

I know people,  we wouldn't get in too much trouble...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Does Watson currently have a no trade clause?  That could work in our favor and bring the price down.  If JD is seriously considering this, I'd hope he doesn't offer more than 2 1st rounders, plus lets say Darnold and another pick (2nd or 3rd).  

Yes he does and I totally agree with you here man. People are talking nonsensical ridiculousness about trading four first round picks LOL!?

• Upvote 1

I can almost bet we will get Deshaun, he will be amazing for 12 games and get injured for 4, Wilson n Fields will both end up being elite NFL QBs For 15+ years each and Deshaun never plays to his potential ever again after that minor thigh bruise. It’s the only scenario that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, TnT said:

Me walking thru 3 local bars per game against the Dolphins in the Miami Dade, Broward, & West Palm area next year...

I may not even have time to watch any actual football being played.

image.gif.97eb2c2970a06041a0824b39469f1526.gif

That's kind of how I walk when I approach a plate of tortellini, or when I tell my girlfriend get in bed.. or when I get up to pee at 2 a.m.

I think I just walk like that all the time LOL

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I can almost bet we will get Deshaun, he will be amazing for 12 games and get injured for 4, Wilson n Fields will both end up being elite NFL QBs For 15+ years each and Deshaun never plays to his potential ever again after that minor thigh bruise. It’s the only scenario that makes sense. 

Yup!

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Looking at the twitter hints I think it's going down. He's getting support from players and ex-players.

Deshaun has done a ton of great work in his community but if a player wants to switch teams, ( not surprising given what's going on with the Texans)  you have to Jamal-Adams-strut-your-way-loud out of town.

I'd prefer to build the team OL first, but it is what it is...

There are 3 parts that need to fall into place to make this happen:

1. Houston needs to decide to trade Watson.
  2. The Jets need to be on the list of teams that Watson would accept a trade to.
  3. Joe Douglas needs to put together an offer that beats what Houston can get from any of the other teams on Watson's list.

At this point, I have the least confidence in #3.  The Dolphins can definitely put together a package that would rival ours (Sam and Tua are in the same ballpark, as are the Jets' #2 pick and the Dolphins' #3, and both have 2 first-round picks this year).  And, if the Texans are open to starting with a free agent stopgap QB while they rebuild (like Jacoby Brissett or Jameis Winston), any team on Watson's list can put together an insane package if they want him badly enough (i.e. their next 3 first, second, and third round picks).  

But even if the Texans prefer options that only the Jets can provide, as has been suggested, (Darnold and/or their choice of Fields/Wilson), there is no real evidence that Joe Douglas has the desire to put together a large enough package to satisfy Houston's overall demands.  He seems to have more of a "team builder" philosophy than an "all eggs in one big basket" one.

I'm not saying that this won't happen.  There are certainly enough "hints" that parts 1 and 2 may be falling into place.  But there are no real indications that #3 is imminent, and that's a big part of the equation also.

• Upvote 2