2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

12 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Lets go shopping, fam! A veteran CB would be nice... 

Oh no we dipped under $50M of cap space. Woody and the fans who have appointed themselves as his accountants

Heart Attack GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Lets go shopping, fam! A veteran CB would be nice... 

Half of the Jets' cap space will be used to sign their draft class. Zach & AVT alone will run over $10M. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Saves $2.8 million in cap space

This gives him a legit shot at winning the RG spot, without the re-worked
contract he was going to get cut.  Lewis, Van Roten, Clark and Feeney will
now battle it out 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

7 hours ago, KRL said:

now battle it out 

It's the little things our front office does that impresses me.  I dunno if it'll pay off in the end but the trend is its going to get harder and harder for the Douglas skeptics to find a lot of material to use against him before long.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

Somebody wants to stay.  He was not bad when he was available.  Unfortunately, he missed most of the year.  We really stunk after he went out.   Boy o boy.  The derby at right guard is wide open. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, KRL said:

now battle it out 

After seeing Feeney at the Coliseum the other night my money is on him. He’s all in on the NY experience and will “bite peoples kneecaps off” to win the starting job

22 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

After seeing Feeney at the Coliseum the other night my money is on him. He’s all in on the NY experience and will “bite peoples kneecaps off” to win the starting job

Dan Campbell Detroit Lions HC is the knee cap guy. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

From everything I’ve read, Feeney is god awful.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, KRL said:

now battle it out 

Cut them ALL. JAGS R US. Cmon JD, get the OL elite. 

On 5/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, KRL said:

now battle it out 

If he won the job - especially if he was the clear winner - he wasn't getting cut at his original amount. Otherwise they'd have just cut him in March. It didn't become a factor until the drafted G became a virtual lock to win one of the starting guard spots. 

I think it's more that it gives him a legit shot at a roster spot if he doesn't win the starting RG job (particularly if Feeney or Clark win it). This way he could still stick as the next backup, but he's got no chance of sticking as a reserve under his prior amount.

If GVR wins the starting RG job then yes he's going to get cut. I can't see them keeping two $3-4MM backup iOLmen (on top of also having Clark, if he shows anything). 

Basically the roster spot is going to Lewis or GVR (with a possibility of neither). Feeney's locked in because of guarantees - unless he's injured or just so terrible - and Clark is so cheap all he has to do to secure a roster spot is be able to walk & chew gum simultaneously. Especially if Clark is the starter, and if Feeney almost won the job, then both GVR and Lewis could both get cut. $3-3.5MM is a lot for a team's #4 guard when the $ isn't guaranteed. There are veteran starters at G and RT that make less.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he won the job - especially if he was the clear winner - he wasn't getting cut at his original amount. Otherwise they'd have just cut him in March. It didn't become a factor until the drafted G became a virtual lock to win one of the starting guard spots. 

I think it's more that it gives him a legit shot at a roster spot if he doesn't win the starting RG job (particularly if Feeney or Clark win it). This way he could still stick as the next backup, but he's got no chance of sticking as a reserve under his prior amount.

If GVR wins the starting RG job then yes he's going to get cut. I can't see them keeping two $3-4MM backup iOLmen (on top of also having Clark, if he shows anything). 

Basically the roster spot is going to Lewis or GVR (with a possibility of neither). Feeney's locked in because of guarantees - unless he's injured or just so terrible - and Clark is so cheap all he has to do to secure a roster spot is be able to walk & chew gum simultaneously. Especially if Clark is the starter, and if Feeney almost won the job, then both GVR and Lewis could both get cut. $3-3.5MM is a lot for a team's #4 guard when the $ isn't guaranteed. There are veteran starters at G and RT that make less.

If that was true Crowder would be gone already. He has the 17th highest cap # for a WR in the NFL and at best WR3 this year, most likely WR 4. 

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

If that was true Crowder would be gone already. He has the 17th highest cap # for a WR in the NFL and at best WR3 this year, most likely WR 4. 

Not necessarily. Like with RG, see who wins the jobs first. There's nothing gained by cutting him now, as opposed to 3 weeks ago or 3 months from now.