DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Luvu and Blessin! Do it JD

Who is this idiot McClain anyway? Obviously a homer 

Just added to my post.  40+ year writer for the Houston Chronicle.  Not just some random fan.

Also, I would argue that the value of the 2 is so high as to preclude the ask for two starters.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Just added to my post.  40+ year writer for the Houston Chronicle.  Not just some random fan.

Also, I would argue that the value of the 2 is so high as to preclude the ask for two starters.

It should but lazy and/or ignorant writers don't seem to be able or willing to grasp it.  If the ask was simply "two 1sts and two seconds" then we should, in theory, trade down with another team to land a pick in the bottom-5 of the 1st round and package that with #23.  There you go, HOU.  These clowns want to spin it so they get #2 and 2-3 other 1st round picks and maybe some players because it plays well to the fans.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

John McClain has covered the Texans, probably since their inception.  Writer for the Houston Chronicle for 40+ years.  Should be pretty dialed in to the Texans.  Still probably just his speculation, but I would value his opinion on the Texans moreso than the national writers.

Also Represents pretty drastic walkbacks by McClain, from “haha no way” to “two ones, two twos, etc.” His (and presumably Texans” demands keep shrinking

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

To clarify this theory is because the Texans have turned into a super church. The new HC and gm are extra Christian. This is to say they are against wilson inside the Texans building for non football reasons. This is not an anti Mormon take... I'm sure many great Mormon players. 

11 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

In the NYC market you’d never see an organization include faith when evaluating talent the way the Texans organization currently does.  It’s been reported in Bienemy’s interview he told them he would want them to prioritize talent over this sort of stuff.  It plays in the Houston market because things are a little different culturally there.  Trust me I’ve spent a good amount of time in Houston.  It’s just different.

Wow, where are you guys seeing/hearing this? Absolutely hilarious. If I were a Texans fan I'd be losing my mind.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also Represents pretty drastic walkbacks by McClain, from “haha no way” to “two ones, two twos, etc.” His (and presumably Texans” demands keep shrinking

Agreed. 

Texans are really backed into a corner.  Deshaun can wait them out.  He does not need to do anything to show his hand until training camp.  Texans really need to get this done or resolved with Watson by the draft if they want draft resources to help this year.  Especially when the 2 and 3 might both be in play from teams with multiple 1s who also happen to be in the same Division.  Texans are not likely to find themselves with that type of opportunity next year.

If I am Watson's agent, I advise him to wait out the Texans and force them to play their cards by April.  If he doesn't get what he wants, then he decides on next move.  It is a waiting game at this point.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s only a matter of time boys. 

Even if this happens after the draft. Trade down from 2. Have even more ammo for a Watson trade. 
Let’s go Houston, we’re right here, have a seat. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I still don’t see it happening.  After the Stafford trade the cost is going to be Astronomical.  Douglas seems to be a guy who wants to build through the draft.  I think we can all agree the Jets have easily have more holes on their roster than any other team so obviously trading away a ton of high picks makes that much harder to fix.  It doesn’t seem like Douglas’s way of doing things especially at that crazy cost.  Texans are in no rush to trade him either UNLESS they get a massive epic return 

Why do people keep saying this. the Rams traded the value of a around a single draft pick around 12 maybe lower for Stafford.If anything it decreased the value Houston can expect from a trade. Our #2 pick alone is worth more than double the trade value of the Stafford trade by itself. People need to think in terms of draft capital not just generic "first rounders"

36 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It should but lazy and/or ignorant writers don't seem to be able or willing to grasp it.  If the ask was simply "two 1sts and two seconds" then we should, in theory, trade down with another team to land a pick in the bottom-5 of the 1st round and package that with #23.  There you go, HOU.  These clowns want to spin it so they get #2 and 2-3 other 1st round picks and maybe some players because it plays well to the fans.  

Great post. I actually think f the Jets were to trade for Watson it might become a 3 way trade where we use #2 to get most of the picks we send to Houston.

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

There is some good stuff here but there is no 'they' in these situations. It would be nice if everybody had a designated representative for the best interest of the team isolated in a panic room somewhere but they don't. I mean we already have a pretty good idea that some real high level decisions are made in that organization because jesus. If Watson sticks to his guns he's getting traded because Houston doesn't know Rule #1. The team speaks in one voice because this is what happens when it doesn't. I'm not going to be fully convinced that Douglas isn't an intentional bad actor until Darnold is off the team, but even if he is we're still infinitely better off than the teams who don't have anybody in charge.

Yeah totally. I was just saying I can rationalize multiple reasons for Houston going either route, whatever their inclination. 

Whether they then want to go the keep-him route just to prove a point that the tail doesn’t wag the dog is on them (even if I disagree with what they may do, it’s true there’s some legitimate concern about setting bad precedents, but it seems they opened that door in the first place).

I doubt they want to get rid of the best QB they’ve ever had & probably ever will. No matter what they ultimately decide, it’s a mess and is one of their own making. I’m sure (by now) even they realize that much.

As far as the Jets? Yeah Douglas doesn’t exactly have a spotless record thus far. Time will (very soon) tell if he’s just exhibiting confidence in Darnold for leverage reasons regarding Watson and/or Darnold’s trade value, or if he truly believes an improved support cast Darnold will grow into into a QB that could realistically get the Jets to a Super Bowl. Hopefully not the latter.

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed. 

Texans are really backed into a corner.  Deshaun can wait them out.  He does not need to do anything to show his hand until training camp.  Texans really need to get this done or resolved with Watson by the draft if they want draft resources to help this year.  Especially when the 2 and 3 might both be in play from teams with multiple 1s who also happen to be in the same Division.  Texans are not likely to find themselves with that type of opportunity next year.

If I am Watson's agent, I advise him to wait out the Texans and force them to play their cards by April.  If he doesn't get what he wants, then he decides on next move.  It is a waiting game at this point.

Interesting dynamics here. Texans have all the leverage as far as trading him or calling his bluff. If they agree to trade him, because of no trade, Desaun has all the leverage, including forcing them to accept a lesser deal if it's not where he wants to go.

The Jet's aren't trading for that assh...Signs a contract extension. Praises the organization, the team, the city. Now he wants out because he's butthurt they didn't hire Bieniemy. At least the Texans got one thing right. Apparently no other team wants him either. The same people who we're there when he signed his extension are there now. Other than the HC and GM. What does Watson know about Cesario's career. Probably nothing.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed. 

28 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s only a matter of time boys. 

Even if this happens after the draft. Trade down from 2. Have even more ammo for a Watson trade. 
Let’s go Houston, we’re right here, have a seat. 

I don’t know, but it would seem as though once you get to the stage where the ace beat writer is laying out exceedingly agreeable terms for a hypothetical trade, I’d think that’s an indicator things are going to break sooner than later. The only curious thing is that asking for two young defensive starters would probably keep the Dolphins in play, with some of the young dudes they have on the roster. Jets would have to counter with more picks, imo. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Interesting dynamics here. Texans have all the leverage as far as trading him or calling his bluff. If they agree to trade him, because of no trade, Desaun has all the leverage, including forcing them to accept a lesser deal if it's not where he wants to go.

Yes.  But you don’t accept a lesser deal .  Period.  People like to say Adams successfully shot his way out of NY.  NOPE.    The Seahawks gave an offer that couldn’t be refused 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed. 

Considering teams are not allowed to be in contact with the players until the start of camp, I would be radio silent as to my plans moving forward. Cessario stating publicly that he “hopes to spend time with Deshaun” to get an idea if they can work out a deal. If I’m Deshaun, I place my house on the market. That will have enormous ramifications and send the message I’m out of here and reverberate throughout the organization and all the NFL. He’ll then overtake the SB as the headline for several days. NFL will hate that.... Cessario rotates to full on “Open for business, all offers will be considered!

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Every day the Texans are in the news is a bad day for the Texans. If I were Caserio, I would really effort getting this over and done with inmediately, lest someone write another expose on Easterby and my owner. 

• Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Correct, there's a definite chance the Jets could get 3 of the four asks for #2 overall.  2021 1st and 2nd and 2022 1..

Add in #34 and you're getting him for #2 and #34 this year.   So that's the 2 ones and 2 twos...

Throwing in two defensive players - they can have anyone other than Maye and QW.

Jets keep #23 this year and two ones next year.

But of course when all's said and done - Houston will want #2 overall.  I'm sure JD knows this and doesn't rush.

#2, #34 and higher of the ones next year - that should get it done and leave the Jets in a good place to still build around him.

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah totally. I was just saying I can rationalize multiple reasons for Houston going either route, whatever their inclination. 

Agree. It's just that people think time is on Houston's side but it isn't because fewer moving parts usually trumps better reasons. You win a game of chicken by unbolting your steering wheel and throwing it out the window in full view of the other driver.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can get a lot of Quinnen Williams’s in the second round every year

No, you can't "just get" Quinnen Williams's in the second round every year, lol. Even moreso given the Jets track record in the 2nd round over the past decade (hopefully that improves with JD and the new coaching staff).

Don't think you realize just how much Williams progressed in his 2nd season. He's essentially at a Gerald McCoy/Fletcher Cox type territory. Those guys get drafted top 5-10.

Luckily, Q Williams won't go anywhere as he'll be a big key piece for Saleh's defense.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, section314 said:

But the Texans decision point comes earlier.  They have to show their hand before the draft; otherwise they take likely get much less in a trade next year.  Watson can wait them out until training camp.  Part of the evaluation likely also hinges on what the Texans think of Fields/Wilson as options at 2 or 3.  If they don't like either guy, maybe they are more inclinded to call Watson's bluff.  No matter what happens, Texans will need to declare their intentions to some degree before Watson will.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm just hoping Watson has left the NY area now.  A guy used to Houston weather could have some second thoughts about coming here if he's here for this snow storm.

Could have him thinking Miami would be nice.

Snow is awesome. Winter sucks, cold sucks. Big snowstorms are the only redeeming quality of the season IMO.