DESHAUN OFFICIALLY REQUESTS TRADE BABY

T0mShane

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

No, you can't "just get" Quinnen Williams's in the second round every year, lol. Even moreso given the Jets track record in the 2nd round over the past decade (hopefully that improves with JD and the new coaching staff).

Don't think you realize just how much Williams progressed in his 2nd season. He's essentially at a Gerald McCoy/Fletcher Cox type territory. Those guys get drafted top 5-10.

Luckily, Q Williams won't go anywhere as he'll be a big key piece for Saleh's defense.

I would agree and take this even further. 

Quinnen Williams is the best and most valuable player on our team. In terms of young defensive players in the league I would think hes in the top 5 most valuable conversation. 

Were finally going to a 4-3 next year. Looking at his win rates, pressures, pff grades he projects to the best young lineman after Aaron Donald next year. 

He is the one player we can not include in a deal. Would be a huge mistake especially when no one could beat our offers just involving draft picks which bust at a very high rate. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I would agree and take this even further. 

Quinnen Williams is the best and most valuable player on our team. In terms of young defensive players in the league I would think hes in the top 5 most valuable conversation. 

Were finally going to a 4-3 next year. Looking at his win rates, pressures, pff grades he projects to the best young lineman after Aaron Donald next year. 

He is the one player we can not include in a deal. Would be a huge mistake especially when no one could beat our offers just involving draft picks which bust at a very high rate. 

Perhaps you're just looking at defense since word is Houston wants 2 defenders, but Becton is likely our MVP right now.

3 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

They gave his money to Hopkins and his reps to Watson. So I'd say it went pretty well.

sure until they decided to trade hopkins because his contract was too rich and now watson. aka a formula that is not sustainable.

Edited by Dunnie

On 1/30/2021 at 9:43 AM, FidelioJet said:

Why not just use #2 overall to take a QB?

Trading down this year to get assets so you can trade up next year is just silly.

Take the QB you like the most at #2 and build a team around him.  

Watson is staying in Houston.

Zach Wilson is a huge question mark!

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

His hand picked scouting department would have also scouted Watson at some point as well though and if they haven't they can turn their attention to his NFL tape for clarity. I agree I don't think Douglas risks his career on this move without consulting others as well.

I think Watson likely gives you the same job security as drafting a QB #2. The only real difference IMO is that we'd have the expectations of competing for the playoffs this season with Watson.

Are you kidding ? You think adding Watson to a team that is completely bereft of talent with the exception of a LT and a DT is playoff bound ???

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Except he's not just an "above average tackle", lol. 

I want Deshaun Watson, but not at any cost either. 

Agreed.  I understand many fans want Watson badly for any cost but unfortunately you arent going to win if you have no talent around the QB that’s just a fact. As gear as Mahomes  is his team is loaded with talent and a world class head coach.  Same with the Bills.   I’m sure Douglas feels the same way whic is why he wants to build through the draft.  The Stafford trade certainly doesn’t help the Jets get a better price rises for damn sure ? 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Except he's not just an "above average tackle", lol. 

I want Deshaun Watson, but not at any cost either. 

This.

I'd rather include more picks instead of dealing Q. 

Quinnen is about to be the centerpiece of the new defense.

I'm far more comfortable signing or tagging Maye and including him in a deal. I think Quinnen is on a Chris Jones trajectory and is one of the few defensive archetypes in this league worth paying big money: interior pass rusher that's also good against the run.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Q isn’t going anywhere. He will not be required. Picks and maybe taking on a bad contract. I want Watson badly but not enough to give up Q.

• Haha 2

It really doesnt matter what the Texans "want", and the mentions of what they want it nothing more then clickbait.  Watson can veto any trade he wants, and there is zero chance he wants to go to a team with no first round picks who also just traded 2 starters.  

The key thing to remember is that Watson's 2021 salary is only $10 million, which is much easier to walk away from to force Houston's hand then it would be if he was scheduled to make $32 million this year.  He controls this process, the Texans are along for the ride here and will likely wind up accepting far less then they "want"

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

It really doesnt matter what the Texans "want", and the mentions of what they want it nothing more then clickbait.  Watson can veto any trade he wants, and there is zero chance he wants to go to a team with no first round picks who also just traded 2 starters.  

The key thing to remember is that Watson's 2021 salary is only $10 million, which is much easier to walk away from to force Houston's hand then it would be if he was scheduled to make $32 million this year.  He controls this process, the Texans are along for the ride here and will likely wind up accepting far less then they "want"

Maybe but the Texans aren’t just going to give him away.  They will wait if they have to.  Jets just aren’t a good match considering the lack of talent we have and our GM wants to build through the draft.  That’s why it’s a pipe dream 

Maybe but the Texans aren’t just going to give him away.  They will wait if they have to.  Jets just aren’t a good match considering the lack of talent we have and our GM wants to build through the draft.  That’s why it’s a pipe dream 

The price for a top 5 quarterback is so big that they have to take less. No one really can afford what it would take to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This fanbase deserves every terrible thing that happens to it

Well, I can't speak for all of us plebs, but personally, this mouth breather thinks there's a happy medium between being completely flexible in compensation and willing to give up anything in a haul for Deshaun, and being wholly rigid and unrealistic.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Well, I can't speak for all of us plebs, but personally, this mouth breather thinks there's a happy medium between being completely flexible in compensation and willing to give up anything in a haul for Deshaun, and being wholly rigid and unrealistic.

I mean this is reality, but it doesn’t make for a fun take on a message board.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Are you kidding ? You think adding Watson to a team that is completely bereft of talent with the exception of a LT and a DT is playoff bound ???

Watson’s a handy recruiting piece for a team with a good chunk of cap space and enough assets to retain premium picks while giving up selections to get him. Plus he’s young.

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed. 

Texans are really backed into a corner.  Deshaun can wait them out.  He does not need to do anything to show his hand until training camp.  Texans really need to get this done or resolved with Watson by the draft if they want draft resources to help this year.  Especially when the 2 and 3 might both be in play from teams with multiple 1s who also happen to be in the same Division.  Texans are not likely to find themselves with that type of opportunity next year.

If I am Watson's agent, I advise him to wait out the Texans and force them to play their cards by April.  If he doesn't get what he wants, then he decides on next move.  It is a waiting game at this point.

Good points.  We lose our favorites status after the draft so I'd like to see Deshaun accelerate a trade before training camp.

Off Season workouts are in early April (for teams with new coaches).  He needs to get that message across that he's done no later than that.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Deshaun Watson is a fine player and all but what if—and stay with me here—we used our draft picks to build around Sam Darnold and Quinnen Williams instead????

I sense, I don’t know why but I just do, that you may not be being entirely serious here!?.....but the thing is, you should probably prepare yourself for this being the most likely scenario going forward....stranger things have happened mind but yeah, it’s likely that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

This is why all of these labels are dumb. Here is one way to get satisfy the new trade request: 

Seattles first next year, our first in 2023, our second in 2029, our second in 3124, Bless Austin and Blake Cashman

Heres another way: 

#2 overall this year, #23 overall this year, #34 this year, 2nd rounder next year, Quinnen Williams, Bryce Hall 

Point being, if you throw in #2 overall its going to be worth a lot more than a generic first. If you throw in Quinnen Williams its going to be a hell of a lot more than a JAG young defender. It will all come down to total compensation based on what the Texans want. The #2 overall pick is by far the most valuable part of any team's package due to the ability to have their pick of a QB in this year's class. 

I feel like the total compensation will be ~ the second pick + Seattles two first rounds. Maybe they throw in our pick next year and switch out this years first for a second. Maybe we do three years of our #1s. Maybe we do #2, Seattles first next year, two #2s, John Franklin Meyers and Ashtyn Davis. There are infinite permutations but at the end of the day I'm guessing the total comp will be around #2 + Jamal Adams - which I would do all day for DW. 

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

Good points.  We lose our favorites status after the draft so I'd like to see Deshaun accelerate a trade before training camp.

Simply not true. 

After the draft we would conceivably be the only team along with Detroit with multiple picks in the first round, still set up for a ton of cap space, already have the coach he wants, and he could be even happier with how we drafted (possibly). All while many other teams finalize their QB plans. 

It could actually work in our favor after the draft.

48 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Simply not true. 

After the draft we would conceivably be the only team along with Detroit with multiple picks in the first round, still set up for a ton of cap space, already have the coach he wants, and he could be even happier with how we drafted (possibly). All while many other teams finalize their QB plans. 

It could actually work in our favor after the draft.

I said after the draft we lose our favorites position that we enjoy now.

After the draft, we're still decent, good position but there's more competition than now.

10 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I said after the draft we lose our favorites position that we enjoy now.

After the draft, we're still decent, good position but there's more competition than now.

You're going to need to elaborate on how we become less of a favorite. 

How is there more competition when we would possibly hold more draft capital for a trade than anyone else after the draft. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Deshaun Watson is a fine player and all but what if—and stay with me here—we used our draft picks to build around Sam Darnold and Quinnen Williams instead????

Hopefully them at least calling on Stafford means they know what a terrible idea rolling with Darnold next year is. Personally I do not dare ask more from them at this point. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I had forgotten about the Schefter post from January 3rd.

All this proves is Schefter has become a hot take artist and a part time journalist and shouldn't be taken as seriously as he is......how in the hell would Adam have any idea the Jets are gonna make a big trade does he have a time machine?