Jump to content

***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS (and SAR I silly propaganda) THREAD


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Jets need to go to the league for help on this (I know, I know, but it is better than doing it themselves).

It is in the NFL's best interests in NY having at least a competitive squad.

Rumors have flown around for years that the league got us Herm and Bowles. Which, looking back, actually weren't so bad by comparison lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just getting a head start here. Like getting on board with bitcoin at $5. 

I made the t-shirt.  Who's covering the plane and the billboard? SAR I

Who needs free agents when we're drafting guys like Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, James Morgan and Cameron Clark?  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Because as fans we always assume the worst even when we are wrong. The jets have been so bad fans actually believe they know what they are talking about despite having no knowledge of the inner workings of the team. 

How can the fans be wrong.  The Jets are like watching a continous loop of futility.  If the Jets were a test I would ace it from memory based on the results of next weeks game.  

Seriously I like Joe Douglas.  I'm sure the inner workings are far better than the results they produce.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rumors have flown around for years that the league got us Herm and Bowles. Which, looking back, actually weren't so bad by comparison lol.

They were fine. 

Under Herm, the Jets were at least disciplined, did not get flags thrown, and did not turn the ball over. Quite possibly it had run its course.

Bowles had some positive aspects to him, but I am unsure how the locker room responded to him.

Again, I am looking for a much elevated position. Would love to steal Omar Khan from the Steelers.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/01/madden-omar-khan-not-happy-after-being-informed-he-wont-succeed-kevin-colbert/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How can the fans be wrong.  The Jets are like watching a continous loop of futility.  If the Jets were a test I would ace it from memory based on the results of next weeks game.  

Seriously I like Joe Douglas.  I'm sure the inner workings are far better than the results they produce.  

Give him some help. He needs a life raft here. The Jets front office is barren compared to many others in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

Sorry, no way the Mara's let that happen.  If the league is going to help an NYC team, it's theirs.  See George Young. 

The NFL helps many teams and often recommends the search firms that are used to find gms/coaches/etc or connect teams to people like former GMs to provide advice. Basically, any owner who wants it can get help from the NFL (mostly in connecting to people who then actually try to help them). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.jpeg.c95880e74cb567b93a46ed6d8bf0f3cd.jpeg
 

JD isn’t going anywhere. 
Rookie head coach+ rookie offensive coordinator +rookie defensive coordinator + rookie QB= rebuild 

I hate the last 10 years as much most. But, we need to see this to the end. 
If Zach busts, then clean house. But we need to give it a couple of seasons.

The Johnsons seem committed to let JD call the shots. That’s progress because obviously they’ve proved time and time again that they have no clue how to run a team.

We need to give this time.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How can the fans be wrong.  The Jets are like watching a continous loop of futility.  If the Jets were a test I would ace it from memory based on the results of next weeks game.  

Seriously I like Joe Douglas.  I'm sure the inner workings are far better than the results they produce.  

i agree. 

i think its Saleh. he needs to change things up. I think JD has brought some nice players in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, when you look at the NFL right now, who were the Jets beating this year with their roster and rookie QB?

Panthers and Falcons?  They may make the playoffs.  

These next 8 games will show us where the Jets really stand as they play teams that are more their level.  

I have developed some questions on the overall judgment on JD’s draft picks and on JD’s selection of coach and more importantly scheme.  

If the Jets do not look much better these next 8 weeks, it is going to be a very tough call to keep the front office and CS status quo.    

Becton/Mims/Ashtyn/Zuniga/Perine/Morgan.  One after the other.  Really?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, varjet said:

In all seriousness, when you look at the NFL right now, who were the Jets beating this year with their roster and rookie QB?

Panthers and Falcons?  They may make the playoffs.  

These next 8 games will show us where the Jets really stand as they play teams that are more their level.  

I have developed some questions on the overall judgment on JD’s draft picks and on JD’s selection of coach and more importantly scheme.  

If the Jets do not look much better these next 8 weeks, it is going to be a very tough call to keep the front office and CS status quo.    

Becton/Mims/Ashtyn/Zuniga/Perine/Morgan.  One after the other.  Really?

I get the talent thing, right now our coaching staff is worse than the roster

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sale the team and fire JD, Saleh and staff, medical staff, the water boy, the towel boy, the Gatorade boy, maintenance boy, game announcers, janitors, parking  booth personnel, merchandise retailers. Clean, disinfect,  bleach, annihilate, destroy, pulverize, blow up, all bad mojo from Met Life...fire them all and clean up this filthy, disgusting, putrid, rotten toxics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Wait, is your argument the owner has no say in the operation? lol

Is JD now a bad hire?

The narrative keeps changing. 

What? 

My narrative has always been to add this extra layer of football acumen. Take football making research and hiring out of the hands of the owners. They have proven inept. Allow smart people to make on field performance type decisions. 

I have been very consistent in that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, varjet said:

In all seriousness, when you look at the NFL right now, who were the Jets beating this year with their roster and rookie QB?

Panthers and Falcons?  They may make the playoffs.  

These next 8 games will show us where the Jets really stand as they play teams that are more their level.  

I have developed some questions on the overall judgment on JD’s draft picks and on JD’s selection of coach and more importantly scheme.  

If the Jets do not look much better these next 8 weeks, it is going to be a very tough call to keep the front office and CS status quo.    

Becton/Mims/Ashtyn/Zuniga/Perine/Morgan.  One after the other.  Really?

That's what happens when you go into a draft with no coach, no quarterback, no offense, and no defense. You can't out-evaluate the NFL. There is no such thing as consistently being better than average at picking players. You can trade down for more picks to improve your chances of hitting. He did that. You can prioritize premium positions to maximize the benefit when you hit. He did that. You can find players who are more valuable in your schemes than they are in the roles their overall evaluations are based on. That's tough to do when you don't know your coach, quarterback, or systems for next year other than that they won't be the ones you have this year. The 2020 draft would have been a clear win for Douglas if he had just come out of it with Bryce Hall and a first round pick who isn't a bust. As it is, his tenure basically amounts to huge running start, pivot, faceplant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The NFL helps many teams and often recommends the search firms that are used to find gms/coaches/etc or connect teams to people like former GMs to provide advice. Basically, any owner who wants it can get help from the NFL (mostly in connecting to people who then actually try to help them). 

Interesting.  Honestly, I only ever heard of the giants getting significant help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2021 at 2:50 AM, doitny said:

he really had nothing to do with the 7-9 team, he was just here in name only..

but saying this is his 3rd year sounds better than giving him credit for the 7-9 record? tough decisions.  

Interestingly, the 7-9 team had 3,111 yards receiving and 19 receiving TDs.  Guys Douglas brought in had 1,093 of those yards and 6 of the TDs.  Demaryius, Griffin, Vyncint Smith and Berrios.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Rookie head coach+ rookie offensive coordinator +rookie defensive coordinator + rookie QB=

rebuild 

 

It could also = really bad idea 

A decidely two sided coin.  He's either off the hook for being a dumb ass manager setting the team up for failure or excused for being a dumb ass and setting the team up for failure.

I like Douglas but he's in Steve Keim twilight zone the year he drafted Rosen and hired Steve Wilks as HC.  Keim actually brought in an experienced QB and OC.  Both of them sucked and were done but you get my drift.  Keim was a former NFL GM of the year who actually built a SB contender.  He begged the owner for foregiveness and fired the HC, the OC, traded the 1st year rookie QB and started over.  Amazing that he survived but it might be Joe Douglas's blue print for survival with the Jets.

Personally I think Douglas would build a team that looks more like the Ravens and the Pats rather than the 49ers.   Saleh seemed like a good hire on the surface but his philosophy of speed over guys who can move people and not be moved isn't really what Northeast teams usually do.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c95880e74cb567b93a46ed6d8bf0f3cd.jpeg
 

JD isn’t going anywhere. 
Rookie head coach+ rookie offensive coordinator +rookie defensive coordinator + rookie QB= rebuild 

I hate the last 10 years as much most. But, we need to see this to the end. 
If Zach busts, then clean house. But we need to give it a couple of seasons.

The Johnsons seem committed to let JD call the shots. That’s progress because obviously they’ve proved time and time again that they have no clue how to run a team.

We need to give this time.

 

Agree. The same people who complain about the endless rebuild want to fire the GM...which would only reset the clock. Let this play out.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

When will the excuses stop? Dont some posters get tired of losing and excusing it?

Nope.  Not when we understand what this year is about.  You can choose to ignore what the plan is and whine about losing meaningless games or you can see the big picture and realize everything is going just as planned.

Today was a win for this franchise.  Not in the win/loss column but for the long term future of this team.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

why do we keep bumping this thread when we all know he wont be fired. 

the guy drafts 4 really good players in one draft for the 1st time in 20 years and you guys want to fire him for the record. lol.

yeah thats a Jetsy think to do. then the next guy drafts like Mac.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, doitny said:

why do we keep bumping this thread when we all know he wont be fired. 

the guy drafts 4 really good players in one draft for the 1st time in 20 years and you guys want to fire him for the record. lol.

yeah thats a Jetsy think to do. then the next guy drafts like Mac.

 

Who are these 4 really good players?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, doitny said:

why do we keep bumping this thread when we all know he wont be fired. 

the guy drafts 4 really good players in one draft for the 1st time in 20 years and you guys want to fire him for the record. lol.

yeah thats a Jetsy think to do. then the next guy drafts like Mac.

 

His record is awful, his roster is awful, his coach is awful- guy can’t even find a kicker - what about all of the terrible misses he has had by the way ? His first draft was historically bad and his free agents have been terrible 

The only good thing about Joe is he got some really stupid people to buy into this year being his first  year 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kmnj said:

His record is awful, his roster is awful, his coach is awful- guy can’t even find a kicker - what about all of the terrible misses he has had by the way ? His first draft was historically bad and his free agents have been terrible 

The only good thing about Joe is he got some really stupid people to buy into this year being his first  year 

 

 

Sounds like you're ready to start Year 1 of the next 5 year rebuild! Fire the GM, fire the coaches, turn over the player base once again (because we KNOW the next GM will be the right one).

Who are you bringing in as GM / HC that will turn this thing around in 1.5 - 2 years??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...