Linsley signs with Chargers

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

On the bright side, we get the chance to improve to 3-14 this year. 

SAR I

We are so far away this is exactly what needs to happen.  You are finally seeing what I, Joe D and Robert Saleh see.  Next year is not about winning.  Its about fielding a young, competitive team that starts 1-9 and finishes 3-3 for a 4-12 record and another slew of high picks.

Still names on the board.  Come away with Golladay and Hendrickson and I could call it a decent effort.  We're almost certain to have to draft OL at #23 now, which is not great because it's telegraphed to other teams who may want to move up ahead of us.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are so far away this is exactly what needs to happen.  You are finally seeing what I, Joe D and Robert Saleh see.  Next year is not about winning.  Its about fielding a young, competitive team that starts 1-9 and finishes 3-3 for a 4-12 record and another slew of high picks.

Yeah, that’s what we said in 2019. It’s 2021. Write me a check for $5,000, I ain’t paying the Jets for this.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We already did something like that in 2019. Pass.

There is no "need" to be terrible as the intent of some master plan. They'll suck because FAs chose other teams instead of the 2-14 team that's either bringing back a QB those other teams feasted upon or starting over with some nameless TBD later rookie -- that is, if they don't trade down and just put the leftover among rookie QBs on the field.

The problem with a team this horrible is players think they'll get cut after the guaranteed money is over, and they're more likely to see non-guaranteed years as a crucial cog on a contender. With us they get dumped after 1-2 years with a lowered reputation as a playmaker, and with teams offering less guaranteed money to a player with 1-2 fewer prime years left in their careers. The only remaining alternative is to sign guys for way more than anyone else offered (like Bell, Mosley, T.Johnson, etc.) to the team's own peril.

It's a bad cycle to get into, and the Jets are in one now.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Seems like that winning is always down the road a ways with the Jets.

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, that’s what we said in 2019. It’s 2021. Write me a check for $5,000, I ain’t paying the Jets for this.

SAR I

Yep fans preach patience- jets send me a bill for lots more then your number and  want fans to shut up and pay lol

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Still names on the board.  Come away with Golladay and Hendrickson and I could call it a decent effort.  We're almost certain to have to draft OL at #23 now, which is not great because it's telegraphed to other teams who may want to move up ahead of us.

While I truly believe in building the offensive line, unless we stupidly pass on Sewell at #2, I would not draft the interior lineman until later.  I would take at least two.  In last year's draft, the "guard only" players with 2d or 3d round grades were still available in the fifth and even the sixth round.  The Patriots took Onwenu - who had a third round grade - in the sixth and he started every game at right tackle.  After taking Sewell (or trading back for FAIR VALUE), I would focus on wideouts at 23 and 34.  I could even see us taking two.  They would play all the time since the cupboard is bare.

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Yep fans preach patience- jets send me a bill for lots more then your number and  want fans to shut up and pay lol

I mean, I can't believe its come to this for me.  I bought into the Douglas/Gase rebuild, I understood it was going to take a few years.  But we keep going backwards.  It's as if 2019 never happened.  It's as if sending players like Robbie and Jamal packing and letting CJ opt-out doesn't send a message to the rest of the league that you don't want to come here.

And $5,000 is not easy to part with when you know you're going to be lucky to see 1 home win behind a sweaty mask and a pair of blurry goggles.  It feels downright irresponsible, I should donate the money to a food bank or something.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I mean, I can't believe its come to this for me.  I bought into the Douglas/Gase rebuild, I understood it was going to take a few years.  But we keep going backwards.  It's as if 2019 never happened.  It's as if sending players like Robbie and Jamal packing and letting CJ opt-out doesn't send a message to the rest of the league that you don't want to come here.

And $5,000 is not easy to part with when you know you're going to be lucky to see 1 home win behind a sweaty mask and a pair of blurry goggles.

SAR I

I waited to pay my bill as my fears are coming true - I am not paying unless the jets give me some hope - I have attended over 300 games since a kid 

Just now, kmnj said:

I waited to pay my bill as my fears are coming true - I am not paying unless the jets give me some hope - I have attended over 300 games since a kid 

It's rough.  It really is.  I've never considered giving up my seats.  It's something to think about.  How many years away are we?  And is doing it the Baltimore way actually good?  The only thing they've won in the last 20 years was on the back of a fluke season from Joe Flacco, they almost went 0-20.  Eagles?  Even worse.

SAR I

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

Sar I was going at Shea as a kid -since then u know how many home playoff games I have seen ? 

Buffalo (L)
New England (L)
Kansas City (W)
Jacksonville (W)
Indianapolis (W)

That's 5 games in 40 years if my memory serves correcly.  Hey, we're on a 3 game home playoff winning streak. 

SAR I