Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He'd still see ghosts...he's a lb that had an amazing run to the rose bowl and rode that to being a 1 rd pick. Doubt seriously it have turned out any other way despite the Gase effect. Sam is who he always was turnover prone, cannot read a defense presnap to save his life. He's a good kid but...5 years on the bench won't change who he is...no more than the last 4 did.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.
 

He wasn't turnover prone in 2017. He became turnover prone when he lost JuJu to the NFL and USC was forced to start 4 new offensive lineman because of the previous starters graduation. He threw for 450 yrds against Penn State. Wilson only managed to get over 200 yds on the last series against Coastal Carolina.A side note. None of those graduating o-lineman we're drafted by an NFL team. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

Just now, kdels62 said:

Yeah if you ask him direct questions he’ll answer. And yet he somehow managed to skirt away from the question in this most recent clip. Just give us a little bit of confidence in the staff most likely to hire you.

It’s almost as if nothing is set in stone until after the draft so he’s going to give the most bland, player-speak, answer possible because that’s what he’s been coached to do by his agent so people don’t, y’know, overreact to every little thing he says.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s almost as if nothing is set in stone until after the draft so he’s going to give the most bland, player-speak, answer possible because that’s what he’s been coached to do by his agent so people don’t, y’know, overreact to every little thing he says.

Keep talking up the 49ers while being evasive about the Jets is a weird strategy. So is talking up the Jaguars which he also did in an interview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s almost as if nothing is set in stone until after the draft so he’s going to give the most bland, player-speak, answer possible because that’s what he’s been coached to do by his agent so people don’t, y’know, overreact to every little thing he says.

Any Video of Trevor saying he can't wait to go to Jacksonville?? I think not..

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seemed like the last thing he wanted to talk about was getting drafted by the Jets.

Try not to throw your back out with that reach 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I didn't watch it, why do you say that though?

They talk about teams he’s likely to go to and mention how he thinks he’s a good fit for the 49ers and how the Jets are similar. He takes that to say he’s gonna end up in the best situation for him. Proceeds to not speak about the Jets at all. Since he hadn’t been shy to talk about the 49ers or the Jags before this I find it a bit annoying that he doesn’t really talk about the Jets. It’s all speculation by me but I’m hoping for a bit more interest from the kid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I didn't watch it, why do you say that though?

There is a certain type of Jet fan that enjoys the hell out of being negative all the time.. When the Mets first started there were some Met fans that were like that once they started winning the went elsewhere..

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

I watched the entire video.  It was generic as can be.  The tweet I sent to you specifically talked up the Jets.  You’re reading way too much into this.

Okay, let me clarify 2 things. 1) This interview is a waste of time, however, the crew wanted Wilson to talk a bit about the Jets and he dodged. He didn’t dodge questions about the possibility of the Jags taking him at 1 in a previous interview. 2) I don’t think it’s a big deal. I think there’s something to extrapolate but I don’t think it matters.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

from Ted Ngyuen, The Athletic's SFO/LVR dude 

it's a well balanced article with a ton of film clips of Wilson throwing off platform and also some not so good accuracy issues 

this is the conclusion. 

 

Quote

Wilson benefited greatly from having one of the best offensive lines in the country and not facing top competition. The best team he faced this season was Coastal Carolina, which is an offensive team. He didn’t play well in the game — the offense scored only 17 points in the Cougars’ only loss of the season. In 2019, when BYU had a much tougher schedule, Wilson had an 11-9 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

So while Wilson’s talent will likely get him picked in the top 10, he is a project. The team that drafts him will have to be patient and comfortable in its ability to develop him. He can benefit from sitting his rookie year while sharpening up his technique and learning how to improve his mental processes. There’s more of a boom-or-bust factor with Wilson than I expected before breaking down his film.

https://theathletic.com/2473447/2021/03/31/zach-wilson-film-analysis-the-byu-qb-has-plenty-of-strengths-but-is-he-a-day-1-starter-in-the-nfl/

later, in the comments, Team Wilson shows up and accuses Ted of being in the tank for Justin Fields. This is Ngyuen's response 

Quote

Appreciate you guys reading but what would I have to gain from propping up Fields and lowering Wilson? I honestly came into watching Wilson film with an expectation that I’d love him but came away with some concerns which I highlighted. Being number 3 in a loaded QB class is very good. I also have talked to NFL personnel guys that are perplexed by how fast Wilson rose, so I’m not alone with my concern. I think most mainstream analysts are totally enamored by him. There are simply many more examples of Fields going through his reads than Wilson going through the film. If you have proof I’m wrong, than counter. It seems like people are arguing with what they think rather what they’ve actually seen 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Okay, let me clarify 2 things. 1) This interview is a waste of time, however, the crew wanted Wilson to talk a bit about the Jets and he dodged. He didn’t dodge questions about the possibility of the Jags taking him at 1 in a previous interview. 2) I don’t think it’s a big deal. I think there’s something to extrapolate but I don’t think it matters.

He did say “to go and be able to turn that team around” the 49ers isn’t exactly a team that needs turning around tbh 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

from Ted Ngyuen, The Athletic's SFO/LVR dude 

it's a well balanced article with a ton of film clips of Wilson throwing off platform and also some not so good accuracy issues 

this is the conclusion. 

 

 

I think that take is going to be the best analysis of him.  I’m all on board with drafting him, but don’t see a problem with him sitting a year 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DetroitRed said:

I think that take is going to be the best analysis of him.  I’m all on board with drafting him, but don’t see a problem with him sitting a year 

we both know the Jets can't do that 

It would be very hard for any NFL team to give a guy a 20 million dollar bonus and sit him 16 games. That sounds like Woody Johnson nightmare fuel 

i'm not against Zach I'm just reasonably certain we're going to throw him to the wolves and four  years later wonder what happened 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oatmeal said:

He did say “to go and be able to turn that team around” the 49ers isn’t exactly a team that needs turning around tbh 

I just want him to hit us with a “the challenge of playing in a place like New York would be amazing.” 

I’ve decided I’m getting a Wilson jersey when we draft him, that’s how much I believe in the kid. He’d be the first QB I get since Pennington when I was 13 years old. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Okay, let me clarify 2 things. 1) This interview is a waste of time, however, the crew wanted Wilson to talk a bit about the Jets and he dodged. He didn’t dodge questions about the possibility of the Jags taking him at 1 in a previous interview. 2) I don’t think it’s a big deal. I think there’s something to extrapolate but I don’t think it matters.

He didn’t dodge anything.  He talked about the Jets when asked about how the Jets are essentially “49ers-lite” so it would be a good fit there as well and everything he said about the 49ers could also apply to the Jets.  He responded to that with “yeah, no doubt.”  He then finished off that section of the interview with “wherever I end up, it’s going to be a good fit” because he realized as the process played out and he “learned more about different systems” that “everybody grabs from everybody” and that he feels the he “can play in any system” so “it will all work itself out”.  He didn’t talk anyone else up more than anyone else.  He gave generic answers that his agent, likely, coached him to say when asked about other teams.  It’s all right here.  I think you’re stressing over nothing homie:

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I have 5 children, changed diapers for almost a decade! I know baby sh*t soft when I see it. Draft Fields, kids a linebacker bruiser playing QB. Maybe not quite as accurate, but I remember when that was the knock on Josh Allen, just surround the kid with talent like the Bills did.  We should have a coaching staff that can develop rather that destroy a young QB now, Fields is the pick or trade down a bit to get some picks to get a QB next year and possibly draft your boy, I think he will be available between 5-7, maybe 8,9. Wilson is a NY disaster waiting to happen. 

I have a lot of kids too...

I know tough when I see it and this Wilson kid is as tough as they come.

I can tell Fields is soft....Quite on his first school when things got tough, plus he's a southern kid, can't handle NY.  Too cold.

See how that works?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure what video you guys watched but he basically admitted he’s going to the Jets... his response to being on the NY papers was “it’s going to be awesome I can’t wait”. He also said he’s excited to flip a team around...

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have a lot of kids too...

I know tough when I see it and this Wilson kid is as tough as they come.

I can tell Fields is soft....Fields is a southern kid, can't handle NY.  Too cold.

I know this is tongue in cheek, at least I hope it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He didn’t dodge anything.  He talked about the Jets when asked about how the Jets are essentially “49ers-lite” so it would be a good fit there as well and everything he said about the 49ers could also apply to the Jets.  He responded to that with “yeah, no doubt.”  He then finished off that section of the interview with “wherever I end up, it’s going to be a good fit” because he realized as the process played out and “I learned more about different systems” that “everybody grabs from everybody” and that he feels “that I can play in any system” so “it will all work itself out”.  He didn’t talk anyone else up more than anyone else.  He gave generic answers that his agent, likely, coached him to say when asked about other teams.  It’s all right here.  I think you’re stressing over nothing homie:

 

FullSizeRender.mov 39.83 MB · 0 downloads

Plus he was really complimentary of the Jets twice at his Pro Day. My conspiracy theory would be that he already knows he will be a Jet so he is giving the blandest answers not to give it  away. The negativity here is unreal.

It is still like 99% this is our guy.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnysd said:

Plus he was really complimentary of the Jets twice at his Pro Day. My conspiracy theory would be that he already knows he will be a Jet so he is giving the blandest answers not to give it  away. The negativity here is unreal.

It is still like 99% this is our guy.

I can buy this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have a lot of kids too...

I know tough when I see it and this Wilson kid is as tough as they come.

I can tell Fields is soft....Quite on his first school when things got tough, plus he's a southern kid, can't handle NY.  Too cold.

See how that works?

He's so tough he gained ten pounds to look bigger and pulled his hamstring trying to run. Or he's so tough he faked the hamstring because he was afraid to run ten pounds heavier. You know who quit his first school too? Big Ben that's who. Eli Manning is a southern boy as well and he did just fine in the big apple, I'll be ok with Fields bringing us two championships, that's plenty tough for me. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I have 5 children, changed diapers for almost a decade! I know baby sh*t soft when I see it. Draft Fields, kids a linebacker bruiser playing QB. Maybe not quite as accurate, but I remember when that was the knock on Josh Allen, just surround the kid with talent like the Bills did.  We should have a coaching staff that can develop rather that destroy a young QB now, Fields is the pick or trade down a bit to get some picks to get a QB next year and possibly draft your boy, I think he will be available between 5-7, maybe 8,9. Wilson is a NY disaster waiting to happen. 

A position Sam played once upon a time..:Nuts:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

A position Sam played once upon a time..:Nuts:

Yes and I said this before, if this regime drafted Sam I think things could have went better. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You literally can’t prove that.

Hahahahaaa really?  On the internetz where folks are merely sharing opinions.

You want "proof"? What are you, 14?

Ok, I'll play.  

You literally cannot prove your point.

See how that works?

He may or may not want to play for the Jets but there is nothing in what he said that proves one way or the other whether he wants to play for the Jets.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdub03 said:

Conspiracy theory: maybe ZW has told the Jets he doesn't want to play for them, and Jets and SF worked on a deal, but only if SF could get up to 3. I doubt it, but also wouldn't be surprised, lol.  Didn't his dad have negative comments on the Jets a few months back? Dads are a major influence on their kids, see the Mannings.

I am with you on this,  may not be a popular opinion but I can’t see the Niners moving up that far for Jones or Fields. I am sure there is more to the trade as far as communication between teams but the move up concerns me as a Jets fan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
He wasn't turnover prone in 2017. He became turnover prone when he lost JuJu to the NFL and USC was forced to start 4 new offensive lineman because of the previous starters graduation. He threw for 450 yrds against Penn State. Wilson only managed to get over 200 yds on the last series against Coastal Carolina.A side note. None of those graduating o-lineman we're drafted by an NFL team. 
So which part of his turnovers were due to the lineman? The interceptions or the fumble?

Why is it always someone else's fault when Sammy makes mistakes? This kid gets a golden pass on everything

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahahaaa really?  On the internetz where folks are merely sharing opinions.

You want "proof"? What are you, 14?

Ok, I'll play.  

You literally cannot prove your point.

See how that works?

He may or may not want to play for the Jets but there is nothing in what he said that proves one way or the other whether he wants to play for the Jets.  

I know. I’m speculating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
He wasn't turnover prone in 2017. He became turnover prone when he lost JuJu to the NFL and USC was forced to start 4 new offensive lineman because of the previous starters graduation. He threw for 450 yrds against Penn State. Wilson only managed to get over 200 yds on the last series against Coastal Carolina.A side note. None of those graduating o-lineman we're drafted by an NFL team. 
And yes that penn state game is exactly why he was looked upon so favorably thereafter.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...