All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

10 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

All I am saying is you hope we aren’t picking that high again. We literally were just saying the same exact same quotes a few years ago with Sam yet here we are again. So yes I hope we draft Wilson and I hope we aren’t this high in the draft for many years.  But that’s all it is. A lot of hopes.  Hoping we finally get it right. If we get it wrong like we did with Sam in 4 years we will be right back to where we started so “once in a lifetime “ isn’t accurate. We have to hope they get it right.  Atleast we have the assets to build around the new QB this time. 

Yep, we’ve all been fooled before but this time it feels different.  Even if Wilson bombs I get the feeling that saleh and Douglas aren’t going to sit still as the team dotters in mediocrity.  We’ll see what happens soon enough.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

It is not a fact that the Jets draft him at 2, you need to stop saying that.  The odds definitely seem to be leaning I will agree but it is not a "fact".   Having said that if he doesn't go 2 he will definitely not fall past 3- 4 so whatever some one might think of the kid, NFL teams consider him a top prospect and the second or third best quarterback in this draft.  That is not the opinion of some Jet fans, that is the reality and that is a FACT.   This fans that have some kind of issue with how he looks, or talks or the fact he played at BYU, have their own personal issues to deal with.   I don't know if it's a jealously thing or what it is but there is definitely something else going on with some of the Wilson hate.  

“The Fact Is” was meant as a figure of speech and not literal.  If you want to be literal police than nothing you stated is “Fact” either.  We can’t get into the minds of NFL teams.  

With that said, I believe Wilson being picked at 2 is as close to a fact right now as we can get with something like an NFL draft.  I believe barring something external happening (not football related) it’s a certainty.

i really don’t want to get into a language usage debate through....so I apologize for that....

We do completely agree though that the hate for the kid has something more to it,  I’m not sure I can put my finger on it but I hope it stops when he’s a Jet. 
unfortunately it won’t.  There are too many people so dug in right now that they’ll be hoping this kid fails just to be proven right.  And that’s just sad.  

This board is going to be unbearable when he has some early struggles.  Celebrating Jet losses will be bigger than last year.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I will give you no hints. You seem like someone who would creep in on OPP, even a quasi internet acquaintance. 

Good times when you accidentally end up in the train yard in Southeast. Lots of cabs available at 2am up there.

Im gonna gonna connect the dots for you all...

Most FA Signings came out of nowhere..no leaks

But for the Draft you hear from "leaks" everywhere we gonna take Zach Wilson ?Just like we signed Golladay and Thuney ?

Justin Fields will be the new Jets Franchise QB

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Every team in the NFL  will laugh at the Jets,  if they elect to keep the worse Qb in the league.     Jets have a once  in a life shot to get a franchise QB.   So you were  burned with Sanchez, and Darnold ,  and are afraid  to take another chance there.   B

A once in a lifetime shot to do something we've taken two other shots at in the last 15 years?

?

• Upvote 1

This is the most important iand dire issue with this talented young man. 

Sam Darnold has been injured throughout his career and wasn't drafted post throwing shoulder and hand surgeries.  Sam seems to be a stronger/better built to sustain the pounding of the NFL and yet, has missed substantial amount of time.

Unless our OL is revamped this off season, regardless of WC offense, shotgun and.his quick release, a full season of getting hit by TRUE competition will most likely cut his career short (Andrew Luck). Even with a revamped OL, I still concerned about his durability. 

We have not addressed the backup QB unless we are rolling with Morgan and possibly Sam. We should and MUST address the backup QB ASAP, because I truly believe that if we draft Wilson, he could end up missing significant time. 

This might be an overkill topic, but probably the most concerning for the front office and the fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

on average NFL qbs have a 2.5% chance per game to suffer an injury that causes them to miss the following game. so, in a 16 game season that means the average qb has about a 33% chance at suffering an injury that causes them to miss the next game. thats assuming only 17 games and no play-offs. also, on average, if a player suffers an injury that causes them to miss time, the average is about 3 games missed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

He will be an Ironman. Book it. 

He could become a stud muffin with proper nutrition and training. However, the odds are against him (21 years old with surgeries and hamstring issues (pre Pro Day)).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

I stopped watching after he analyzed the first play. Criticizing the kid for throwing a perfect jump ball to one on one coverage? He had a blitzed coming, correctly identifies a 1 on 1 matchup and gives his guy a chance with a perfect pass. I’ll take that kind of terrible every Sunday.

That was it on that play.

Good QB's recognize 1:1 and understand their receivers and put them in a position to make a play.  That's a lot of QBing in the NFL.

What bothers me most about his analysis there and criticizing him - is that ZW does this a lot...and it works a lot, he and his receivers worked on it - it's part of their game plan.  Now, If he made this play and it was getting picked on a regular basis you can say he's being stupid...but he hasn't and he doesn't...Putting that ball where he puts it in those situations were very successful for him.

I have to assume this guy has seen all ZW's film, so he should know that -  yet still calling it a bad choice.  He is either agenda driven or just not a very good analyst. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What if JD feels Sewell is a lock to be an all pro Tackle and likely to have a HOF caliber career and he believes there is a 75% chance that Wilson will become a top 15 QB after 3 years in the league. Who does JD pick then?

Have to be Sewell. Look at some of the QB's today in a top 15 list. Many of them are guys you don't have to spend the #2 pick on. Nor should you.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Hypothetically speaking, if we drafted Fields, the topic of concern would not be his health.

That's your topic of concern.  That's your issue.

Certainly not mine.  

Fields had a rib injury in college, Fields broke his hand and had hand surgery in high school...Fields has tweaked his hamstring before. Fields had a series knee injury - wearing a brace at times.

You're choosing to find reasons to worry about Wilson and that's fine, certainly your right but please don't' pretend like your concerns are everyone else's.  They're not.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He just watched what this organization did to Sam Darnold.  Wouldn't you be trying to duck this organization too?

What “organization “ is that? Everybody associated with the “Darnold Era” is gone. Who’s going to ruin the next QB? Chris and Woody Johnson? The employees in the ticket office? The cleaning crew in Florham Park? Is the uniform cursed? Please. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Have to be Sewell. Look at some of the QB's today in a top 15 list. Many of them are guys you don't have to spend the #2 pick on. Nor should you.

Those are my thoughts too. And I think the people who compare the talent and contract upgrade from Darnold to Wilson are making the wrong comparison. The question is what player selected at #2 helps the Jets the most in the long term. And how the player compares to future players the Jets can draft at that same position. Too many people are sleeping on JD picking Sewell. It certainly isn't the sexy pick, but it is the type of pick that builds championship teams. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What if JD feels Sewell is a lock to be an all pro Tackle and likely to have a HOF caliber career and he believes there is a 75% chance that Wilson will become a top 15 QB after 3 years in the league. Who does JD pick then?

QB stirs the drink. 

With the rules protecting QBs and the fact that he is not a running qb, rather just a movement escape the pocket QB I fail to see why this continues to be such an issue.  I know zach looks slender, but lets not act like an nfl strength and conditioning program combined with an advanced sports performance department like the jets currently have couldnt bulk him up to a comfortably 220 for reference many of the qbs taken last year were around 220 with Herbert being the exception (however he is 6'6).  

If you have concerns over surgically repaired shoulders then thats a different matter, but those were pre existing injuries from HS which he had not addressed until it became nagging at BYU.  He seemed more than fully recovered this year and if our new medical department (which is top notch now) clears him then I would feel comfortable there.  

By nature too this offense will hold up the rush and defenses a little more than gase offense.  Plenty of play action and movement of the pocket and the QB will make his reads quick and get him away from sitting in the pocket like a lame duck.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's your topic of concern.  That's your issue.

Certainly not mine.  

Fields had a rib injury in college, Fields broke his hand and had hand surgery in high school...Fields has tweaked his hamstring before.

You're choosing to find reasons to worry about Wilson and that's fine, certainly your right but please don't' pretend like your concerns are everyone else's.  They're not.

I'm cool with your opinion but I really think that deep.inside, you are concerned about his frame and durability, like every other Jets fan. 

• Thumb Down 1