All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

I stopped watching after he analyzed the first play. Criticizing the kid for throwing a perfect jump ball to one on one coverage? He had a blitzed coming, correctly identifies a 1 on 1 matchup and gives his guy a chance with a perfect pass. I’ll take that kind of terrible every Sunday.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Nit picky for sure.

calls throws “ jump balls” when to me they are in the perfect spot.

criticizes him missing a wide open wr in the end zone when he throws a great pass to a different wr at the 10 yard line.

shows him scanning the field for open receivers but says hes rushing

to each their own

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Great arm verses weak defenses. I’ve seen the talent but the just like the video, I’ve seen many plays that an NFL DB would make a play on.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Much like watching Lawrence, Fields and Jones having vastly superior weapons and olines and running games to their opposition in 80% of their games.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, adobolo2 said:

Sorry for starting another Wilson tread but I didn't want this video from the QB school hid in pages where no one will see it.

I've watched a lot of Zack but I think this is the fairest video on him I've come across, it shows he's great throws that we have all become accustomed to but also his bone head moments. Just take a half our out of you day and watch.

No apologies needed. Post away like you just broke out of rehab. and scored some Adderall.

The begrudgers, of which there are many, will begrudge even if you are a second cousin twice removed of Mike and Peggy Shanahan (Ó Seanacháin) 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

It was Beast mode time..

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Wilson is still in Seattle, while Darrel and his magic underpants are breaking down film for Urban Meyer in Jacksonville. That tells you all you need to know....

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He hands that ball off and Brady has one less SB win and one more SB loss. 

Bevell was framed

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Much like watching Lawrence, Fields and Jones having vastly superior weapons and olines and running games to their opposition in 80% of their games.

You can’t argue with these folks. 

Wilson played against weak competition but also had inferior receivers and RBs. 

Lawrence, Fields and Jones played tougher competition but had VASTLY superior talent. On both sides of the ball. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Nit picky for sure.

calls throws “ jump balls” when to me they are in the perfect spot.

criticizes him missing a wide open wr in the end zone when he throws a great pass to a different wr at the 10 yard line.

shows him scanning the field for open receivers but says hes rushing

to each their own

I've never been privilege to be in a front office when they are watching tape on players but I presume this is how they go trough it, asking why did he not see x y or z on the field.

When we the fans watch it we see it different because we are biased towards or against the player on tape, that's natural.

Personally I'd like nit picky tape on every player in the top 50 prospects to get a proper understanding of their game. It's hard do that with just the highlight reels we are subjected to.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

No apologies needed. Post away like you just broke out of rehab. and scored some Adderall.

The begrudgers, of which there are many, will begrudge even if you are a second cousin twice removed of Mike and Peggy Shanahan (Ó Seanacháin) 

To be sure to be sure and top of the morning to you...☘️☘️

Don't mention Adderall in a Zack Wilson tread, it's a touchy subject that we like to sweep under the carpet?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

Sorry for starting another Wilson tread but I didn't want this video from the QB school hid in pages where no one will see it.

I've watched a lot of Zack but I think this is the fairest video on him I've come across, it shows he's great throws that we have all become accustomed to but also his bone head moments. Just take a half our out of you day and watch.

well that was horrific

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop it.

Zach Wilson is a good prospect.   You can make sh*t up about him all you want, or claim you know he's weak because you changIt ied diapers for a decade...or agree with any other nonsense that gets spewed about him.

None of that is going to change the fact that

1) He's a very good NFL QB prospect (by almost any measurement)

2) The Jets are going to draft him at #2 overall

Does it mean he'll be a great QB? of course not - but the skill-set is there, now he just has develop it...

Wouldn't you rather be excited that we have a kid with so much talent coming here and hoping he succeeds than finding a multitude of silly reasons to dislike him?

It is not a fact that the Jets draft him at 2, you need to stop saying that.  The odds definitely seem to be leaning I will agree but it is not a "fact".   Having said that if he doesn't go 2 he will definitely not fall past 3- 4 so whatever some one might think of the kid, NFL teams consider him a top prospect and the second or third best quarterback in this draft.  That is not the opinion of some Jet fans, that is the reality and that is a FACT.   This fans that have some kind of issue with how he looks, or talks or the fact he played at BYU, have their own personal issues to deal with.   I don't know if it's a jealously thing or what it is but there is definitely something else going on with some of the Wilson hate.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seemed like he spoke about the 9ers and how he would fit and I read he spoke about Jacksonville last week but when the Jets came up we got the company line, I can fit anywhere, I will be happy to go to whoever. It might be nothing but it seems like he was ducking questions about the Jets. 

Bump

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seemed like he spoke about the 9ers and how he would fit and I read he spoke about Jacksonville last week but when the Jets came up we got the company line, I can fit anywhere, I will be happy to go to whoever. It might be nothing but it seems like he was ducking questions about the Jets. 

He just watched what this organization did to Sam Darnold.  Wouldn't you be trying to duck this organization too?

Just now, sec143dmf said:

Once in a life shot?  I’m all for drafting Wilson but just a few years ago we had the shot for a franchise QB when we drafted darnold. You can’t call it a once in a life shot and then bring up two QBs drafted very high by the jets and not that long ago. Next year there will be QB’s the experts fall in love with. Again I’m all for drafting Wilson but your choice of words don’t make sense. 

the once in a life part was about getting it right....both of those guys were clearly wrong

Every team in the NFL  will laugh at the Jets,  if they elect to keep the worse Qb in the league.     Jets have a once  in a life shot to get a franchise QB.   So you were  burned with Sanchez, and Darnold ,  and are afraid  to take another chance there.   B
You realize darnold and sanchez were shots at getting a franchise qb. This is not a once in a life time thing...maybe you could make that argument if we had the first pick but if we are talking about zach wilson the kid has arm talent but he has literally never played against nfl level talent the kid has a huge arm and huge potential but the floor is pretty bad too he is way over hyped.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Injuries happen in football.  Are you saying they should have passed on Burrow because their line wasn't up to par?   Before his injury he was looking like a true franchise quarterback.  I'm sure the Bengals are happy the drafted him and expect him be there quarterback for years to come.  This year they will take Penell and continue to build him a wall.   The truth is even if he hadn't got hurt they probably wouldn't have won more then 5 or 6 games if that much.   
The bangals needed a qb and they drafted one I am not saying they shouldn't have taken him more that the jury is still out if it was worth taking him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app