Zach Wilson "I Don't Want To Let My Teammates Down" ...

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Are there #1 pick QB's who say they DO want to let their teammates down? :-k

It's amazing how hyped some folks get over empty platitudes.  Did he say he's going to give 110% too?

Especially when you consider all these dudes have extensive media training. Saying the right things isn't much to get excited about. But saying the wrong things? That's a red flag. It's pass/fail with a "pass" telling you little.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's amazing how hyped some folks get over empty platitudes.  Did he say he's going to give 110% too?

Egg-Zactly.  Let's see how his arm talks comes the regular season. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No kidding man. But if he can play 80% as well as he says the right things we gonna have fun watching him. Tell you this though, whoever has groomed this kid for what to say and how to act? They simply aren’t being paid enough. I’m ready to vote  for him! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I know it's otas and this is when you expect to be hearing sterling stuff about your QB...

But Zach is literally out having surf and turf with AVT and Michael Carter I. For all the talk about whether he was a captain or not he seems to be building rapport with his teammates more publicly then I can remember our rookies doing before...

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No kidding man. But if he can play 80% as well as he says the right things we gonna have fun watching him. Tell you this though, whoever has groomed this kid for what to say and how to act? They simply aren’t being paid enough. I’m ready to vote  for him! 

yea, well, after what you did for Darnold... just voting for him is pretty mild. 

On 5/28/2021 at 11:03 AM, Biggs said:

He's amazingly articulate for a 12 year old.  

I was just thinking when he delivers us victories, I can say our kid just schooled your team.  Luckily the game was on a Sunday so he doesn't miss school.

I like this pick.  I wanted Fields, but I think we have a good QB now.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Warfish said:

The book has already been written and rewritten on football fresh takes. The excitement remains the same for the cliches left to fill the void of a thousand off seasons between now and eternity.

• Sympathy 1

Remember your Parcells and his views on his players talking to the press. 

I am a proponent of "Bull Durham".  Cliches are your friends.  "Just happy to be here".  LOL.  It beats the tar out of the Detroit Lions coach's take on bitten kneecaps. 

I think he handled that well.  Now that does not mean I think it is a sign of his awesome greatness.  But it sure beats Robby Anderson or the Lion's coach.  Doesn't it?

Or maybe they're just excited because he's doing everything a good leader is supposed to do? I understand you're constantly trying to portray yourself as though you're somehow smarter than everyone else, but this team had Geno Smith as their QB only 5 seasons ago. He did everything WRONG. So maybe fans of the NFL are busy being happy about the differences between Zach and a sore memory.

• Haha 1

I think Zach is gonna be alright here.  Not saying he'll be great or an elite QB or anything, just that his personality will be fine.  The kid took a lot of heat from many of our fans in the pre-Draft process.  Most of those fans fell into a few buckets though - Guys who wanted Lawrence, guys who wanted Fields, guys who didn't want to trade Darnold.  He's never come across as the kind of aloof or arrogant preppy kid that some here portrayed him to be.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:51 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno Smith probably said something like that during the pre-draft process.  @jgb

A quarterback-needy team picking in the top 10 passed on Smith because of a poor attitude in a pre-draft interview, ESPNNewYork.com reported last week. An unnamed NFC scout said Smith was behaving like a "spoiled, pampered brat."

Previously, Yahoo! Sports reported that Smith annoyed teams by texting and checking Twitter during interviews with team officials.

• Upvote 1