Aaron Rodgers retiring next week?

He’s shaking the tree, he’s making it clear he’s not coming back to the Packers ever. Matt LaFleur tried to get to cute with Drafting Love while Rogers had about 4-5 years play left in him.

About time Packers fans get to find out, what it’s like without a HOF QB at the helm for 30 years. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s shaking the tree, he’s making it clear he’s not coming back to the Packers ever. Matt LaFleur tried to get to cute with Drafting Love while Rogers had about 4-5 years play left in him.

About time Packers fans get to find out, what it’s like with a HOF QB at the helm for 30 years. 

Without?

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

A lifetime? You must be rich ? 

I’m not, but Rodgers is. Does not include all his commercials and appearance and autograph $
Earnings By Team
Team Yrs Salary APY Paid on Cap % Paid on Cap Paid as Dead Money % Paid as Dead Money
GB 16 $242,327,500 $15,145,469 $209,709,000 0.0% $0 0.0%
Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

this would be a sad end to his career as he obviously has a lot more left in the tank. Things must be real bad in Green Bay for him to be making this kind of decision 

Maybe he’s done .

I've been wrong 43,000 times before, but I'd be shocked if Rogers wasn't back with the Packers by the start of camp.  He's an attention whore who probably loves that he has been the focus of discussion all off season.  The whole thing was probably just a ploy by his PR people to expand the brand

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good, the most overrated star in the league as far as the praise he got vs being held accountable for lack of overall success.

You can not be serious. 

He just went to the NFC Championship Game last year.

And still to this day has the NFL's 3rd All-Time highest regular season QB Rating

And also the NFL's 4th highest All-Time Playoffs QB Rating. 

And he's done all of this despite the fact that his Green Bay Franchise has only drafted 3 1st round offensive players since being drafted back in 2005 (and one of those 3 was a QB Love ?).

Green Bay over the previous 16 years has (only) drafted him two 1st round offensive players and they haven't drafted him one since 2010 and 2011  ?

And 1 of them (Derek Sherrod) was a BUST with 1 career start). 

WTF?!?!?!?

Even our Defensive Jets have at least drafted 7 offensive 1st round players since 2006

GREEN BAY?!? UM. 2 (and 1 was a bust!). 

That is fkn CRIMINAL. 

Our Jets just in 2021 alone (Wilson and AVT) have drafted as many 1st round players as GB has drafted since 2006. Wow. 

And you're calling him "OVERATED"?!?!?!?

HOW AARON RODGERS WAS ABLE TO WIN 1 SB MVP AND 3 LEAGUE MVP's (WITHIN AN OFFENSIVE DRIVEN LEAGUE) WITHOUT A SINGLE 1ST ROUND WR/RB/TE/LG AND/OR CENTER DRAFTED IS NOT ONLY BEYOND ME BUT ALSO SOMETHING I'LL NEVER TRULY UNDERSTAND (how he did it).

You're calling him overrated and I'm calling him the most talented QB who's ever lived to play this game.

Only 2 offensive players drafted 1st round since being drafted 2005? Now 37? Yeah. I'd be ready to quit and retire too. 

Last year went to the NFC Championship Game but yet this year GB still passed on Elijah Moore and drafted ANOTHER freaking Defensive Player!

image.thumb.png.45a8675c256d2ef96e577399ae4cf4d3.png

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

About time Packers fans get to find out, what it’s like without a HOF QB at the helm for 30 years. 

Cute with Love man? No my dude they've been cute ever since 2005. They've never once drafted him a 1st round LG/C/RG/WR/RB/TE. Because they've only drafted Aaron Rodgers 2 OT's (1 big time bust) so only 1 OT during the 1st round throughout 16 NFL drafts. 

And because of that his 1 SB MVP and 3 League MVPs makes him (imo) the greatest pound for pound QB of All-Time because he shouldn't have ever won more than 5 games not within an Offensive DRIVEN LEAGUE he shouldn't have. 

Imo no QB has ever done more with less (on Offense).

But yet... 

• 3rd highest All-Time regular season QB Rating. 

• 4th highest All-Time Playoffs QB Rating. 

That's imo unreal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:
I’m not, but Rodgers is. Does not include all his commercials and appearance and autograph $
Earnings By Team
Team Yrs Salary APY Paid on Cap % Paid on Cap Paid as Dead Money % Paid as Dead Money
GB 16 $242,327,500 $15,145,469 $209,709,000 0.0% $0 0.0%

Net worth as of 2020 120 million even Tom Shane could get by on that for a couple of years.. https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nfl/aaron-rodgers-net-worth/

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It’s a lot of money to give up so if he doesn’t show up or says he’s retiring let’s see who blinks first. If I’m GB I let him go work out a deal to a place he agrees to and get the picks and unload the salary. I don’t see going with Blake Bortles, though. If they trade him to Denver include Lock who isn’t that bad. If to the 49ers Jimmy G. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I guess Green Bay has lost its charm, 

Don't doubt the cheese ? heads. 

They eat good over there Crusher. 

And chances are Rodgers pulls a Favre, and Love pulls an Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay doesn't miss a beat. 

They aren't called the Packers for nothing because ever since I've been born they've packed some real deal QB heat.

7 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I've been wrong 43,000 times before, but I'd be shocked if Rogers wasn't back with the Packers by the start of camp.  He's an attention whore who probably loves that he has been the focus of discussion all off season.  The whole thing was probably just a ploy by his PR people to expand the brand

He has always loved screwing with people’s heads. Even watching him play with that “I’ve got an answer for everything you throw at me” wry smile makes me believe he just wants the Packers to know who is running the show.

• Upvote 1

i can't stand athletes today.  they can't get over the hump and then complain they "need more dogs" as Jamal put it - and then they hold out from a contract they signed.  maybe if you didn't get so greedy and sign such a HUGE contract your team would be able to bring in better players around you.  aaron jones is a top 5 RB and devante adams might be the best WR in football.  why can't you win Aaron?

all this being said - i'd love to try and bring in Adams.  say for seattles 1st and mims?  probably would take a little more but i'd explore it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Two quarterbacks who people consider some of the best to ever play the game, Dan Marino and Aaron Rodgers, will end up retiring with a combined 2 Super Bowl appearances and a 1-1 record. lol Geez!

Year after year, Dolphins' fans would sing the same tune:  "This is Marino's Year!"   Back in the good ol' usenet days.  @SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The most experienced QB behind Aaron Rodgers on their roster is Blake Bortles.

No wonder Davante Adams wants out.

We have some draft capital and cap space. Jamal Adams’ gift to us includes DaVante Adams? Ok im

good with

Davante, Crowder, Mims, Moore, Cole, Davis. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This.  They should be drafting players to make them better while Rodgers is still a top 5 QB.  Not wasting 1st round picks on his eventual replacement.  It was beyond idiotic. 

Say what you want about Rodgers but I wouldn't want to play there either.  Not because they drafted a QB but because they're just too stupid to trust.

So keeping Rodgers happy is more important that roster management and having his replacement in place?  Hes 38 not 28.

The screw up was they should have let him know what their thinking was in drafting a QB, what their plans moving forward were.  He's earned that.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So keeping Rodgers happy is more important that roster management and having his replacement in place?  Hes 38 not 28.

The screw up was they should have let him know what their thinking was in drafting a QB, what their plans moving forward were.  He's earned that.  

Disagree with this take.

It isn't about 'keeping Rodgers happy'.  It's about recognizing that you have a top-2 QB in the league who has a few years left in the tank and doing everything to win a ring or two now.  GB might be a little jaded because they rolled right from Favre to Rodgers, but the chances of getting another Rodgers late in the 1st round are 1:1000.  It's very arguable whether drafting a player who started and contributed last year instead of Jordan Love could have made the difference in the NFCCG against TB.  Having Love on the bench contributed nothing last year.  It will contribute nothing this year.  And next year, they may very well find out they drafted an average starter. 

On top of that, the previous eight 1st round picks they made were defense.  It's interesting to see people who blasted the Jets for doing this turn around and defend GB for doing it.  In fact, in the 18 years since Rodgers was drafted, they have taken two OTs, and one QB on the offensive side of the ball.  And of course this year they doubled down with another defensive player.  They have invested next to nothing in giving Rodgers a brilliant cast around him.  The fact that they have been as successful as they have is really about how great Rodgers is. 

So I can completely understand why Rodgers, Adams, and others on the team are frustrated.  It's impossible not to wonder 'what if' they had drafted a contributing player instead of Love last year.

• Upvote 4