Jets roster moves 09/01 - Zuniga released

shuler82

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Didn’t see this posted… Zuniga bites the dust & the old TE room is the new TE room. 

I had not see that posted.  So, we did cut Zuniga in the end.  So Zuniga, Morgan and Austin are gone.  The McDermott injury is a real kick in the nuts.  Now if we need a Guard, it is Feeney coming in for AVT or GVR.  

The rest I expected.  Brown returns.  The guy is a barnacle.  Good special teams guy, lets it all hang out. 

I thought cutting Neasman looked weird since he had gotten all the snaps during preseason.  Almost never came off the field.  You have to have at least one reserve. 

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

I guess they activated Davis so they could put him on recallable IR?

Bingo.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Ashtyn Davis back to the IR - is the short term IR still a thing this year or is he out until the bye? 

From what I heard in 2021 season, short term IR is 3 games with no limit to the amount of players that can be re-activated after that. So, it is a 3 game window depending on when you go on IR.

• Upvote 3

TE I was wondering why the Griffin cut and such a small TE corp with a team that wants to establish the running game to complement the passing game.

Kroft Griffin Wesco and Brown with Wesco filling 2 roles is not a bad situation Kroft looks to be a solid player so this is not that bad a situation. 

• WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I guess they activated Davis so they could put him on recallable IR?

Yup. PUP would have ruled him out for 6 weeks. With IR you can return after 3 weeks. But you can't move a guy straight from PUP to IR, so they activated him then IRed him so he can return sooner.

• Upvote 3