The Panthers sure love acquiring the Jets' trash.

Jetsfan80

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

To let Robby go at the time was a mistake. In addition, I would really prefer to have Elflein right now instead of Feeney. 

Me too.  But as one of the fellas pointed out, Feeney was the backup plan's backup plan's backup plan.  Only after the Clark injury, the Lewis retirement and the McDermott injury did we finally turn to Feeney.  At least we did not turn to Levin.  Small comfort I know.

I really do have to give Joe D props for trying. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

A team that won two games last year and is loaded with rookies all over the place talking like they are going to hammer Carolina.

Good grief Charlie Brown!

Thank god youre here to reign everyone in.  

What did one person above this say we were winning the game?  Making it one total in the thread?  

More to the point, who said we were going to hammer Carolina?  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With the signing of James Morgan today, the Panthers now have the following former Jets on their roster (4 of them are starters):

• QB Sam Darnold
  • QB James Morgan
  • RB Trenton Cannon
  • WR Robby Anderson
  • LG Pat Elflein
  • SS Juston Burris

Just call them Jets South, I suppose!  There will be a lot of pre-game hugs on the field in Week 1.  

8 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Me too.  But as one of the fellas pointed out, Feeney was the backup plan's backup plan's backup plan.  Only after the Clark injury, the Lewis retirement and the McDermott injury did we finally turn to Feeney.  At least we did not turn to Levin.  Small comfort I know.

I really do have to give Joe D props for trying. 

And, he's not the starter. C'mon man!

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

And, he's not the starter. C'mon man!

Until AVT takes the field Feeney IS the starter.  He has been the starter in preseason and AVT has a PEC injury.   While the Jets say he is fine, the fact is that PECs end seasons.   They say it is just a strain.  Hopefully all is well, but AVT has to take the field or in comes Feeney.   

That AVT and Moore missed the entire preseason is a setback.  I sure hope AVT is the cats's pajamas. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, clayton163v said:

Until AVT takes the field Feeney IS the starter.  He has been the starter in preseason and AVT has a PEC injury.   While the Jets say he is fine, the fact is that PECs end seasons.   They say it is just a strain.  Hopefully all is well, but AVT has to take the field or in comes Feeney.   

That AVT and Moore missed the entire preseason is a setback.  I sure hope AVT is the cats's pajamas. 

AVT has been healthy and back at practice for a few days. Just because you didn't get to watch him on TV a few days ago during a meaningless preseason game doesn't mean he is still hurt. Same with Elijah Moore. 

https://nypost.com/2021/08/29/jets-alijah-vera-tucker-is-healthy-and-ready-to-dominate/

• Upvote 1

Narrator (Red's voice in Shawhank Redemption)

Sam and Robby proceeded to trash their former team. It was something else seeing Sam win the NFC Offensive Player of Week in his first game with the Panthers, and I've never seen  Sam so happy. He strolled to the post game presser, like a man that just gained a new lease on life, like a quarterback that finally has weaponz.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They'll probably jump on Bless Austin next, on Darnold's high recommendation, after informing the Panthers he was such a great corner that Darnold could barely complete a pass to Austin's man in practices. 

Darnold apparently learned a lot from Bowles in advising Carolina to claim Morgan. Make sure your possible replacements are terrible to ensure you don't get the boot mid-season.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Narrator (Red's voice in Shawhank Redemption)

Sam and Robby proceeded to trash their former team. It was something else seeing Sam win the NFC Offensive Player of Week in his first game with the Panthers, and I've never seen  Sam so happy. He strolled to the post game presser, like a man that just gained a new lease on life, like a quarterback that finally has weaponz.

I hope beyond hope that Darnold explodes week 1 (and Jets still win, obviously). That will make the later crash and burn that much more satisfying once the Darnoids realize it was the Jets garbage D and not weaponinz that made Darnold look like a competent NFL QB that one time.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A team that won two games last year and is loaded with rookies all over the place talking like they are going to hammer Carolina.

Good grief Charlie Brown!

I mean that's not what I was saying when I created this thread, but ok.  I don't think we're going to "hammer" Carolina, I think its gonna be an ugly 16-13 type of game and either team could win it.  Or perhaps Wilson will kill it and our secondary will be so bad even Darnold will have a good game and it'll be more like 27-24.

But I do find it funny that Carolina likes picking up the trash from said 2-win team.  Don't you?  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Matt Rhule seems overrated to me

I wouldn't lie to you

I like Matt Rhule (and Joe Brady as well), but anyone who thinks that highly of Sam Darnold to trade a 2 & a 4 and hand him a $20M 5th-year option drops a couple notches in my book.  I chalk it up to arrogance; he thinks he can "fix" anyone, I guess.  But he's going to end up with severe buyer's remorse and may even get fired over it.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Lol look how quickly Morgan goes from “Captain Morgan with thar cannon arm” to “trash.”

God we sure do love our JAGs.

Have to be willing to change your opinion of players over time when new info arrives, no?  I liked the Morgan pick (you should always take shots on QB's where you can, especially when you're a team in need of a QB) and had hopes of him being our QB2 for the next 3 seasons.  Clearly I was wrong, as we cut him in year 2 and he's on another team.  Thus what else can he be but "trash" at this stage? 

I don't think Carolina will keep him long, as (like others have mentioned) this seemed like a clear move to pump him for info on our offensive scheme.  So he'll be their "trash" too in short order.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1