Monday Night Football Bills and Titans....

Beerfish

54 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It was actually fun watching a game with good coaching and good players

51 minutes ago, BP said:

Too bad our own coaches can’t see the obvious on their day off.

Absolutely..... well coached team make use of the talent they have.  Brandon Beane, immediately improved that roster in LESS than 2 years.  Vrabel is one hell of a coach.  BOTH teams get all the juice they can. Us??? We get less from less.  More gas, less of everything else. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Isn't that just a shave?

That’s when your down to that last week old disposable razor and you know she likes a clean playing fields. You do your best but ends up looking more like a killing field  than a playing field when your done. You wear anything but white underwear and  hope she doesn’t notice in the dark. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, faba said:

Yeah just enjoy watching two good teams battle back and forth. Back to reality can we compete against New england this week hah

This is the part were I should tell you I have a good feeling about next week, but instead I’ll just say it’s nice to see you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely..... well coached team make use of the talent they have.  Brandon Beane, immediately improved that roster in LESS than 2 years.  Vrabel is one hell of a coach.  BOTH teams get all the juice they can. Us??? We get less from less.  More gas, less of everything else. 

But we had excellent practices and the players did some very good things that you guys just didn’t see.

Sincerely,

Robert “ALL GAS” Saleh

CEO Positivity division NYJ

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is the part were I should tell you I have a good feeling about next week, but instead I’ll just say it’s nice to see you. 

EVERYTIME I have hope for the next game I don't even get a sliver of a chance. It's immediately over after the 1st Q, i.e., Darnold game vs NE after beating the Cowboys, same year playing the winless Bengals with a real shot of making a playoff push if they win, Zachs first home game, Zachs first game after beating the Titans. 

I think from now on it is best to expect the worst and hope for the best. I'm expecting more of the same. When is the last time the Jets were competitive at Foxboro or whatever their stadium is called? Oh yeah, Gillette.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

EVERYTIME I have hope for the next game I don't even get a sliver of a chance. It's immediately over after the 1st Q, i.e., Darnold game vs NE after beating the Cowboys, same year playing the winless Bengals with a real shot of making a playoff push if they win, Zachs first home game, Zachs first game after beating the Titans. 

I think from now on it is best to expect the worst and hope for the best. I'm expecting more of the same. When is the last time the Jets were competitive at Foxboro or whatever their stadium is called? Oh yeah, Gillette.

Gillette Ultra! Jetfan. 100% with you. 

• Upvote 1

Josh Allen is good at football. He single-handedly delivered my first 

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It was actually fun watching a game with good coaching and good players

Titans v. Rams my pre season pick for SB. Wouldn't mind seeing Bills/Titans rematch in AFC Champ.

As long as the Chiefs or TB isn't in the championships games, I'll be entertained.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I think it was the right call.  Just didn't work out.  It happens.

Yeah, I liked the call at the time. This is what happens when you judge your decisions/process by the outcome(outcome bias). The Bills hadn't stopped the Titans at all in the second half and have a 6'4", 240 lb barbarian at RB that already scored 3 TDs in the game. I want no part of OT.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jamesr said:

The thinking is that OT is a coin toss ... 4th and 1 is a better % chance of winning than taking it to OT. 

It's still the right choice, even if it didn't work out.  If you stick on 15 against the dealer's 6 in blackjack sometimes the dealer will get a 5.  But it doesn't make it the wrong choice to stick.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Exactly. People used to love pubic executions to. People are thrill junkies. Coaches should be smarter then fans.

Kick the FG, go to OT. Reset. Some emotions took over responsible play calling there 

No pubic executions please!  Not quite sure what it is but pretty sure I won't like it.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

It's still the right choice, even if it didn't work out.  If you stick on 15 against the dealer's 6 in blackjack sometimes the dealer will get 5.  But it doesn't make it the wrong choice to stick.

Yeah, I don't get that logic of people who don't like the call.

OK, you kick a chippy FG and go to OT.

You can:

- lose the coin toss, have Henry run the ball down your throat for a TD and never touch the ball.

- win the coin toss, get into FG range, kick a FG, have Henry run the ball down your throat for a TD and lose.

- tie

The best option is you win the coin toss, get in range to get a TD and score, never letting the Bills touch the rock ---- which they already were. The Bills just didn't execute. It was a sound thought process.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Didn’t watch the game but going for it on 4th and inches with a humongous QB is the right call 100 out of 100 times. Your chances of converting and winning are at least 50-60 percent, probably higher, whereas if you lose the coin toss in OT it’s most likely game over with Henry running it. Play to win the game. I’m glad coaches finally have balls and go for it frequently on 4th down. 

Agreed. 

You go for it every time in that spot. 

• Upvote 3

Bills can now rest for a week, then fatten up their win total on their cupcake schedule and believe they are contenders. The only tough game they have left on their schedule is the Buccaneers and that's not until week 14. I give the Saints, Colts, and the Patriots at Gillette a punchers chance. Other than that it's stat padding cupcake city for the Jills who'll get bounced in the divisional round.

2 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

We were competitive there last year until the 4th quarter. That's something, right!

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bills can now rest for a week, then fatten up their win total on their cupcake schedule and believe they are contenders. The only tough game they have left on their schedule is the Buccaneers and that's not until week 14. I give the Saints, Colts, and the Patriots at Gillette a punchers chance. Other than that it's stat padding cupcake city for the Jills who'll get bounced in the divisional round.

If you are acknowledging that they have a cakewalk to the divisional round, then you are acknowledging they are contenders.

There's certainly no one in the AFC they can't beat. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you are acknowledging that they have a cakewalk to the divisional round, then you are acknowledging they are contenders.

There's certainly no in the AFC they can't beat. 

The Jills are 1-2 vs average to good teams. They can beat the bad teams though. They're pretenders in my opinion. You do you. 

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jills are 1-2 vs average to good teams. They can beat the bad teams though. They're pretenders in my opinion. You do you. 

Fair enough. 

I think the Bills basically have an unstoppable offense and are legit threats to win the whole thing. Josh Allen is going to the HOF if he stays healthy. 

22 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Nah. 

• Upvote 1