Monday Night Football Bills and Titans....

Beerfish

Allen slipped, but that was some of the worst QB sneak mechanics I’ve seen. Takes the snap, stands up and takes a false step then tries going forward.  Not good. 

I don’t mind the call at all either.  Especially from a team that is going to run away with the division anyway.  Cut your teeth now.

• Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Allen slipped, but that was some of the worst QB sneak mechanics I’ve seen. Takes the snap, stands up and takes a false step then tries going forward.  Not good. 

I don’t mind the call at all either.  Especially from a team that is going to run away with the division anyway.  Cut your teeth now.

I think the center got pushed back and screwed up Allen’s footwork.

• Upvote 2

when will they stop this. when they break one of these QBs.?

how many times do we see these QB sneaks where the DL stops them and then the OL pushs back and the QB gets turned into a pretzel. one of these QBs are going to get seriously hurt one day.

they do everything to protect these guys from sliding to tackling the QB and the HC just tell him to dive ahead for the 1st down. 

i never want to see Zach or any Jet QB do that EVER!

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Two part question for anyone interested:

In the span of your Jets fan memory, how many players have the Jets had that were as good at their position as Derrick Henry is at RB.

I am in my mid/late 30s and I’d say maybe 2 for sure in Revis  and Mawae.

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Forgot Mangold.  3 sure fire,  and that’s probably it.  Depressing.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good question. I’ll go with Aaron Glenn, Curtis Martin, Lavernues Coles 

All great answers. 

I’d throw in John Abraham between 2000-2003. 

3 hours ago, LockeJET said:

I was surprised the booth didn’t stop it to review the spot on that 3rd down play. Looked short but close enough for a review. I think that’s what Buff coach was talking to officials about immediately after the game ended. 

I watched it a few times, he was definitely short. That's why I love Allen though. Guy is a maniac who will do stuff like that to get a first down. Sadly came up short this time. Well, BOTH times

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Just saw the ending on replay…

What an absolute terrible decision. FG is a chip shot. Idiots. Good for the Titans 

The thinking is that OT is a coin toss ... 4th and 1 is a better % chance of winning than taking it to OT. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The thinking is that OT is a coin toss ... 4th and 1 is a better % chance of winning than taking it to OT. 

It’s not though. No confidence in your defense to hold them to a field goal or get off the field if you lose the coin toss? 

Well didn’t work out well for them

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

It was a terrible call to try and win the game there no matter what the jackasses at ESPN tell you. Hope it ****s up their playoff seeding. 

Exactly. People used to love pubic executions to. People are thrill junkies. Coaches should be smarter then fans.

Kick the FG, go to OT. Reset. Some emotions took over responsible play calling there 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s not though. No confidence in your defense to hold them to a field goal or get off the field if you lose the coin toss? 

Well didn’t work out well for them

At the same time, if you don't go for it, it says that you don't have confidence in your offense to gain one yard.

Given that the offense had put up 31 points and the defense had given up 34, I know where I'd be putting my money at that point. Defense hadn't stopped the Titans once since the first quarter.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jamesr said:

At the same time, if you don't go for it, it says that you don't have confidence in your offense to gain one yard.

Given that the offense had put up 31 points and the defense had given up 34, I know where I'd be putting my money at that point. Defense hadn't stopped the Titans once since the first quarter.

No I thank them for driving down to get in position to tie the game. Wasn’t there like under 20 second left as well? So you sneak it. If you convert while you may have some shots, it’s not endless shots and you open yourself to game ending int fumble etc 

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No I thank them for driving down to get in position to tie the game. Wasn’t there like under 20 second left as well? So you sneak it. If you convert while you may have some shots, it’s not endless shots and you open yourself to game ending int fumble etc 

I get your point, and it's all down to opinion at the end of the day. But in my view if you're coaching and making decisions based on what might go wrong (fail to convert, turnover etc) then that will lose you more games than it will win in the long run.

How many times did we see our own conservative coaches (I'm thinking of Todd Blowes here mainly) punt the ball away, hoping to get a defensive stop that never came? I want a coach who's going to be aggressive (though not reckless) rather than one who'll play it safe.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Two part question for anyone interested:

In the span of your Jets fan memory, how many players have the Jets had that were as good at their position as Derrick Henry is at RB.

I am in my mid/late 30s and I’d say maybe 2 for sure in Revis  and Mawae.

Nick Mangold

Mickey Schuler

Curtis Martin

Freeman McNeil