Where does this rank among "least satisfying wins in Jets' history"?

ehh a win is a win. the issue for most is that Wilson didnt set the world on fire against another bad team...but the truth is he was rusty, missing MC and CD....so whatever....i think we have a really good chance against both the eagles and the saints in the next 2 weeks.

• Upvote 2

Most people would have strongly preferred a 24-21 loss where Wilson played great rather than.... well, this.

But, from a positive standpoint, it does say something that this team isn't quitting, and that they can win a game where the QB isn't playing great and they're missing FGs, etc.

A truly bad football team can't overcome those kinds of things.

There are some bright spots.  The defense, the rushing game are two.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Most people would have strongly preferred a 24-21 loss where Wilson played great rather than.... well, this.

But, from a positive standpoint, it does say something that this team isn't quitting, and that they can win a game where the QB isn't playing great and they're missing FGs, etc.

A truly bad football team can't overcome those kinds of things.

There are some bright spots.  The defense, the rushing game are two.

Good post, and there are a lot of positives on this team despite the record, one of the biggest problems is that we don’t know if the QB is one of them and some people just don’t see passed that 

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Idiotic thread. Why watch them if you don’t want them to win. Get lost.

Yup...people would rather lose than cheer for Zach Wilson.

It's been going on all season - but they weren't winning. 

Threads like this are absolute proof of the unprecedented dislike of a fan base's #2 overall draft pick.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Jets fans just can't enjoy.  A W is A W.

we won LOLman-2734073.thumb.jpg.12151efedf20bedcab21b148fc290e20.jpg

Yay we won ... our QB of the Future Sucks, our GM and coaching staff will do what they can to not play Mike White when he does deserve some more starts. Our Defense is historically bad vs competent teams and we just lost a few draft slots to a sh*thead Texans team in a lost season. I'm not a "tank" guy because I do not believe players ever tank it when their lively hood and chance to get a big contract is in question, but if we get 2 top ten picks you won't see me complaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I like you. I just don’t agree with the mindset. A young team needs to win. Of course as fans we want the post season, but young teams need wins like this.

In all seriousness, I'm very much on the dark side with this franchise right now.  This is all black humor for me.  Zach is really the barometer of the future of this team and he mostly stunk.  Were it not for Berrios' RAC, Zach would've barely broken 100 yards passing.  And even putting aside the "back INT", he was awful on short passes again.  He showed no touch.

I know it's only 6 starts and the book on Zach is very far from written.  But it's been a decade without the playoffs and we just had a bust QB and the early returns on Zach are not looking good.  So I try to find humor in the situation.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Jets fans just can't enjoy.  A W is A W.

we won LOLman-2734073.thumb.jpg.12151efedf20bedcab21b148fc290e20.jpg

Eh. I’d rather lose and have Wilson throw the ball for 350 yards and 3 tds. Atleast he would be showing progress. And give me some hope for the future. 

what we got from him was 145 yards 0 passing tds and an int.

And this was against maybe the only team in the league that’s worse than us.  Not exactly inspiring hope. This win changes nothing

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Threads like this are absolute proof of the unprecedented dislike of a fan base's #2 overall draft pick.

You couldn't be more wrong.  If Zach were playing like Justin Herbert but the Jets were losing you think people would be upset?  Give me a break.

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Eh. I’d rather lose and have Wilson throw the ball for 350 yards and 3 tds. Atleast he would be showing progress. And give me some hope for the future. 

what we got from him was 145 yards 0 passing tds and an int.

And this was against maybe the only team in the league that’s worse than us.  Not exactly inspiring hope. This win changes nothing

Padded by a great RAC by Berrios.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

This was the first game of the second half of the season for us and we picked up the W. There’s a winnable 4 games in front of us and today was the first step in stacking some wins together 

Remember how we went 7-9 under Gase with a bunch of meaningless wins in the 2nd half of his 1st season?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

People/posters whatever are not rooting for Zach or the Jets to sh*t the bed but the fact is they do sh*t the bed more often than not. If telling the truth about that is being a bad fan then so be it.

I find it hard to get very excited when I see our so called Franchise QB not be able to complete passes that are completed at a rate of 80% or better in this league. Posters bashed Mike White for throwing short passes but the fact is he completed those short passes at a rate of 82 percent and hit players in stride while Zach today completed passes under ten yards at a rate of 50% and that's after a few bad passes were reeled in by Berrios and Cole.

When I see some progress from Zach then I'll be happy and have hope because that's what all of this is about. Jets fans have one thing to look forward too this season and that's Wilson making progress and so far he's been the worst QB in the NFL surpassing the other rookies by a wide margin as well. Its why I wanted the Jets to trade out of the #2 picks and draft Mac Jones but obviously that didn't happen.

• WTF? 1