Darnold Boo’ed

Jetluv58

11 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

And Echols I think 

Just looked it up.  We traded the pick we got for for Sam (and another pick) to the Chiefs move up for Jonathan Marshall and Jason Pinnock.  Chiefs used the original Panthers pick to select Trey Smith.  

Yup, the hits keep coming.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sam Darnold is well on his way to the "forgotten backup QB/out of the NFL" stage of his career.

Nice kid, bad, overdrafted, overhyped QB.  

Feel legitimately bad for Sam Darnold the human being.  But it’s a results business.  

Selfishly glad for the higher draft picks and part of me would prefer he never excelled for another team because that would gut punch me like Demario Davis X a million.

But I cringe hearing such a good guy being booed, but I also get it.  

Hope he sticks in the league as a longterm quality backup and maybe he can pull a Vinny Testaverde years down the line if he ever figures things out.

Hell who knows, he’s 5th year optioned for 2022 and maybe gets a shot to turn it around.  We get our draft pick, he could salvage a career, and Zach will be a superstar.  Win win win. 

• Upvote 2

Sam is a good dude.  I do feel like he has not put in the mental effort that he could have.

But I think his long-term role is that of a relief pitcher.  He can make a lot of money that way.  He comes into games late and maybe squeezes out some wins.  

He is going home every year to Southern California, hanging out with his family and friends and likely a beautiful woman, and shows up at some high school to throw the ball around with Mark Sanchez. 

In the big picture, Darnold is winning.  But he could play NFL football better.  

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Just looked it up.  We traded the pick we got for for Sam (and another pick) to the Chiefs move up for Jonathan Marshall and Jason Pinnock.  Chiefs used the original Panthers pick to select Trey Smith.  

Yup, the hits keep coming.

Chiefs run a gap scheme which he fits. He also has a major red flag with blood clots. He wouldn’t be athletic enough for this scheme. 

5198D1BD-3492-440C-93D9-C10A04F57B36.png

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What is the "Darnold is a nice guy" stuff in every post?  95% of qbs in this league are really nice guys.

Its a really weird thing jet fans have attached to Darnold like it makes him different then every other qb in this league.

Seriously.  The Panthers didn’t sign on to pay him $18.9M next year to be a nice guy.  They paid him to not suck at football.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

Feel legitimately bad for Sam Darnold the human being.

He’s going to make 18M next year to not play football.  For context, I’m going to make zero dollars next year to not play football.

If you should feel bad for anyone, it’s me.  This is income inequality at its finest.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

He’s going to make 18M next year to not play football.  For context, I’m going to make zero dollars next year to not play football.

If you should feel bad for anyone, it’s me.  This is income inequality at its finest.

Personally I'm most concerned with where the guy who thinks there's an apostrophe in booed is getting his meals.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What is the "Darnold is a nice guy" stuff in every post?  95% of qbs in this league are really nice guys.

Its a really weird thing jet fans have attached to Darnold like it makes him different then every other qb in this league

Thank you!  I really thought this was the generation of younger fans.  I see this everywhere as if they actually KNOW the guy.  When did this become part of the lexicon of sports? I don't care if he is the nicest guy in the world.  If you suck at football.. bye.  Can care less about you as a person, cuz guess what? I don't know you.. probably never will.  But I know you are a player on my team, and you have a job to do - if you can't do your job.. bye.  This good guy sh*t is so stupid. 

I literally can care less if Sam is a broke hobo on the streets in a few years.  He is not a friend or family - oh well. 

I might have been a little strong here.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Between Darnold and Sanchez this team should have a permanent ban on drafting a USC QB ever again.

Man, I’m not gonna lie….with Lincoln Riley there now, USC might finally start putting out the goods.