Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

33 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I would be very surprised if berrios remains a jet. 
just seems like he is moving on

I think he stays.  I have nothing to go on besides a gut feeling….we’ll overpay a bit to keep him but my gut says he stays.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Any rumblings about Christian Watson? They obviously got an up-close look @ the senior bowl and he just crushed the combine. Where do you think they value him? 

I know they like him. He's going to be available in that 2nd-3rd round range. I know he's built much differently than Berrios, but could see him being slowly developed into a complete receiver while using him in more of a gadget role year 1. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I know they like him. He's going to be available in that 2nd-3rd round range. I know he's built much differently than Berrios, but could see him being slowly developed into a complete receiver while using him in more of a gadget role year 1. 

You think they have any WR ranked high enough to take at #4?

you guys do remember we had the worst defense in history, right? and because of it we were last in rushing attempts even thought we were 11th in YPC. thats because we kept playing from behind and had to make Zach throw it more them he probably should have. 

and as for Williams? from what i hear Safety is important to this scheme. so if paying one 15 mil is the way they want to go so be it. its better than paying Adams the "best in the nation" price. and who knows maybe if Saleh was here Adams doesnt get traded cause he values Safeties more.

improving the defense helps the offense. we can be one dimensional.  

18 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

800 yards is a proven #1? Stop. 

Lmaooo 800 yards is better then anything we had last year, and 5 out of 7 season at 1000 yards is a proven 1 WR. 

I don’t know but for the big leagues 5 out of 7 is pretty good for a solid 1, if we are talking about 7 out of 7 we are talking about the elite category, no? 

So yes coop is a proven #1 , you stop ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo 800 yards is better then anything we had last year, and 5 out of 7 season at 1000 yards is a proven 1 WR. 

I don’t know but for the big leagues 5 out of 7 is pretty good for a solid 1, if we are talking about 7 out of 7 we are talking about the elite category, no? 

So yes coop is a proven #1 , you stop ? 

Lol yeah he's such a proven #1, the Cowboys gave him away for pennies. JFC the Cooper whining is insane. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, ncjetman said:

cooper is a smooth playing jag - he puts up good numbers but isn’t and never was an impact player - good complimentary wr but nowhere a #1 guy

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Not a #1? Okay so wtf do we currently have on the roster a bunch of 3’s, 4s and 5’s because Cooper has been > anything the Jets has had since Marshall. 

idk what’s up with some of y’all 

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This would be a really good signing.

He's knocking on 30s door and coming off an injury so a 3 year deal where we can get out after 2 would be ideal.

Anytime you see a player “will have heavy interest” expect JD to sniff around enough for it to make it to the beat, but that’s about it 

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If the Jets add Marcus Williams and Smith, then draft a pass rusher and/or Sauce in round 1, this defense is on the fast track to being really good

I agree although idk how involved the Jets will really be on Williams there's a little to much smoke there for me. Joe D seems to do a good job at keeping things in house. Last year the Davis and Lawson signings just came out of nowhere and I think we're going to see that again this time too. Zadarius Smith, Austin Corbett and Justin Reid are my predictions