Jets have no interest in anyone

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Guys, Joe Douglas has finally completed his due diligence on the Jets 2021 roster. 

He's that thorough.

He'll start the due dili the 2022 NFL free agents tomorrow.

Give it a few weeks, we'll score this years Greg Van Roten and Keelan Cole. 

Remember, five wins next year is an improvement. And we're only three years into the rebuild, so don't be too quick to judge.

Yeah don’t be too quick to predict the future that you clueless about

While predictIng what JD will do or not do and how many wins they’ll put up next season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Team archer said:

The idea that the team is actually slipping this info to Hughes and he’s not just pulling sh*t from his ass is laughable.  They are interested in a player who just sat out an entire season for a team that only wants Football lifers and a guy that anyone with half a brain knew the Chargers would never let walk from Herbert and that’s it, no other interests?!?  Nobody like, realistic at all was on their mind?  

It’s unreal this is a profession still, what a hack.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

but then you see reports that the jets are interested from other sources.

so it is what it is.  we'll see at noon.

Probably Wednesday.   Legal tampering period just means that there will be more 'other sources' - but without any concrete signings.   

Until you can actually sign free agents with expiring contracts from other teams, the clickbait, agents' leveraging rumor, and ensuing panic will continue.

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. The Jets handed out huge contracts to Davis and Lawson last year and signed a bunch of depth pieces. Unfortunately they all sucked or got hurt (or both). You could argue that JD's pro scouting is suspect but I wouldn't call him cheap.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yep, but an argument can be made fur scared money. Or he’s just clueless. 

I am not arguing that he has spent well.  But the issue has never been willingness to spend.  He has not been willing (so far) to go after the top end of the market, but he has spent during the second wave of FA. 

Nowhere have I said he has spent wisely, but he has spent.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

The problem has never been that JD is cheap.  He has just never gotten an adequate return on the personnel investments that he has made.  That needs to end this week.

Yeah I’m less impressed with guaranteeing a bunch of money for the likes of JFM, and then leak out that they don’t have enough to spend on a difference-maker for his struggling young QB.

5 hours ago, sourceworx said:

You'd think by now everyone on this site would know not to take these pre-free agency tweets about the Jets interest in players so seriously. Agents have been pushing this b.s. to reporters to create leverage in negotiations since John Idzik was here. And every year you guys buy into it, then get pissed when it turns out that none of it was true.

You people are so f*cking gullible.

It’s all we got.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not arguing that he has spent well.  But the issue has never been willingness to spend.  He has not been willing (so far) to go after the top end of the market, but he has spent during the second wave of FA. 

Nowhere have I said he has spent wisely, but he has spent.

True. Worse than I imagined. 

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I’m less impressed with guaranteeing a bunch of money for the likes of JFM, and then leak out that they don’t have enough to spend on a difference-maker for his struggling young QB.

We all had hopes for these guys, but due to unforeseeable events such as injuries and learning curves, it has not panned out to expecations.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Remember, five wins next year is an improvement. And we're only three years into the rebuild, so don't be too quick to judge.

That's a 25% improvement over 2021.

Take a look at your stock portfolios fellas, and tell me you wouldn't kill for that kind of growth right now.

• Haha 3