2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

not bad 

A bit more than I thought it'd be (thought he'd max out at $12MM per), but this is great. 

Perfect experience in this offense, history of others on the line with him saying Tomlinson made them better players, and he never misses a snap -- all of the above are of benefit with Becton returning.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 4

Laken-Tomlinson.jpg

Jets fans hoping for the team to make a splash signing on day one of free agency got their wish as the team has reportedly come to terms with Pro Bowl guard Laken Tomlinson.

49ers free-agent guard Laken Tomlinson intends to sign with the NY Jets, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 14, 2022

After years of neglecting their offensive line, the Jets have made it a top priority under Joe Douglas who has drafted Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker with first-round picks along with signing free agents George Fant and Connor McGovern.  Tomlinson represents another big ticket player up front who will move from left guard to right guard.

Tomlinson to the Jets made plenty of sense as he played in the Mike Shanahan offense with the 49ers where, of course, Jets offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur cut his teeth.

#Jets are signing former #49ers G Laken Tomlinson: three years, $40 million with $27 million guaranteed, source says.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 14, 2022

The deal is reportedly worth $40 million over three years with $27 million of that guaranteed according to NFL insider Mike Garafolo.  A late bloomer who started his career with the Detroit Lions, Tomlinson started all but one game over the past five seasons.

The post Report: Jets Agree to Terms With Guard Laken Tomlinson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Very good signing and I still think OT is in play at 4. Fant might not get extended or might get extended if Becton doesn't come correct.

It's not in play unless they trade Becton first (or have a trade for him lined up first, and execute the trade while the Jets are on the clock so there's no backing out after we make our pick). Either that, or negotiations on a Fant extension are going nowhere (but even that I don't think is enough of a reason absent Fant threatening to hold out). 

So it's possible, but I think that's a long shot. 

• Upvote 1

I really wanted us to get a guard in FA as opposed to drafting one in the first. Drafting a guard in the 1st always seemed like a poor use of draft capital. This will hopefully prevent that from happening. So, I'm pretty happy with this move. Nice job.

I don't see may meaningful moves left to make at WR and TE. So, if we can fill 2 or 3 holes on defense, I'll be happy (say S, CB, LB). Then focus on edge (early), weapons (early) and adding depth along the OL (3rd to 5th rounds) in the draft.

• Upvote 4