2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Is this like all of Douglas's 3 year deals?  Where its pretty much a 2 year 27 million dollar deal and he can be cut after that?

If you mean are they like pretty much every team's 3-year deals when it isn't a player with 4 PB/AP seasons, and isn't a QB or LT? Yes. 

The goal won't be to cut him, unless it's absolutely necessary. It'll be to let it run to its natural end and recoup a comp pick if he's drafted a pipeline-replacement the year before that happens. 

So I kind of half-expect them to draft a center in round 4 (give or take a round) to slide in for McGovern when that time comes. He's unlikely to extend Fant and McGovern while also paying this hefty contract to Tomlinson (and LDT or whomever backing him up). Possible, but does seem less likely to have three 8-figure/year veterans on the OL.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Fant/AVT Left

Becton/Tomlinson Right 

Book it!

Looks great. Although, AVT played RG in college also, so moving him to RG may also be an option but I am with you and think they keep AVT put.  Either way, I think JD's plan to have position flexibility on the OL is playing out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Looks great. Although, AVT played RG in college also, so moving him to RG may also be an option but I am with you and think they keep AVT put.  Either way, I think JD's plan to have position flexibility on the OL is playing out. 

If the line stays healthy,  I can see Michael Carter rushing for 1K this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's funny how the official Jets website links to Twitter accounts run by beat writers and not the official Jets Twitter.

The team can't confirm it until Wed. But they want the web traffic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's funny how the official Jets website links to Twitter accounts run by beat writers and not the official Jets Twitter.

IDK man, not into that kinda stuff. At least we got something positive going for us today.  

HUGE Win for us in FA !!! I read he was best 10th against the run league wide at his position.

Lots of investing in line and just not this year might be the first time it all comes together. Glad our team has made this point number one in fixing with top draft picks and $$. THis is how teams are built to win. I hope we still draft a couple guys but great news. 

Way to go JOE!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

No chance they’re drafting oline at 4

Fant has one more year on his contract.  If they cant re sign him they could still draft Oline that is a super sub  and competes for OT this year and next.  If he beats out Fant they keep Fant as a sub or trade him for a pick or player-OTs have value.  If they extend Fant then your contention becomes much more likely.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Connor Hughes: OT at 4?  Areyouf'ingkddingme? 

I haven't been liking anything from Hughes lately.  Seems like a different guy.

He's been mostly right though.  He called Tomlinson and said the Jets would avoid some other players that they thus-far seem to have ignored.

Regarding the #4... I think it might be easier to trade back from that spot now if someone like Evan Neal is available.  But if the Jets are stuck there AND their confidence in Becton is really starting to fade then I think OT is absolutely an option.  Becton is TBD, Fant heading into final season, Morgan Moses walking away?  At the moment the Jets two 2023 OTs are __________ and maybe Becton?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

HUGE Win for us in FA !!! I read he was best 10th against the run league wide at his position.

Lots of investing in line and just not this year might be the first time it all comes together. Glad our team has made this point number one in fixing with top draft picks and $$. THis is how teams are built to win. I hope we still draft a couple guys but great news. 

Way to go JOE!!

How 'bout that ground and pound!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Fant has one more year on his contract.  If they cant re sign him they could still draft Oline that is a super sub  and competes for OT this year and next.  If he beats out Fant they keep Fant as a sub or trade him for a pick or player-OTs have value.  If they extend Fant then your contention becomes much more likely.

Fant could be a Franchise Tag candidate next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Two IF's...

If the OLine stays mostly healthy and IF Becton has a solid rebound year.... then look out.  They'll be MUCH better than average.

I'm assuming untimely injuries and Becton to be a total disaster because Jets. 

But I agree. The potential is there. 

• Upvote 1