The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

On 4/15/2022 at 10:50 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Deebo didn't break out until LaFleur left SF. I'm not saying that was the cause, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't give me hesitation.

Because as an asst coach LaFleur is to blame?  Not that Deebo was injured?  
Did he have a QB the last year LaFleur and Deebo were together in SF?  Garopollo went down with a ankle in week 2, against us and was out for pretty much the season.  

On 4/14/2022 at 7:06 PM, SouthernJet said:

Guyis dual run/catch threat as far as production and Ds have to scheme against him lining up in either spot.

If you could predict in any year that of 4 picks in 1st 2 rounds, one would be as great as Deebo and then trust Douglas with the 2 remaining picks.

I dont wantt to roll dice on 1st round WR (come on, NO ONE will replicate Deebo) so ypu are giving up a pick 38 for Deebo. Big deal. Douglas still has 2 more . 4 and 35 to get 2 more starters.

Deebo is the swiss army knife this OC and scheme crave and will elevate Zach and force 2nd best CB to cover Moore, leaving Davis and Berrios covered by schlubs.

And Carter has a open part of field for dump offs as Moore and Deebo will force D to go wherever they go.Add in 2 hybrid pass catching TEs and Zach has MULTIPLE safety valves. It forces the D to keep LBs for rusing as too many great YAC guys playing close to line.

That'd be a no Brainer. Feel like SF would want a little more maybe a '23 third rounder on top of it. I'd still do it

On 4/14/2022 at 4:06 PM, SouthernJet said:

Guyis dual run/catch threat as far as production and Ds have to scheme against him lining up in either spot.

If you could predict in any year that of 4 picks in 1st 2 rounds, one would be as great as Deebo and then trust Douglas with the 2 remaining picks.

I dont wantt to roll dice on 1st round WR (come on, NO ONE will replicate Deebo) so ypu are giving up a pick 38 for Deebo. Big deal. Douglas still has 2 more . 4 and 35 to get 2 more starters.

Deebo is the swiss army knife this OC and scheme crave and will elevate Zach and force 2nd best CB to cover Moore, leaving Davis and Berrios covered by schlubs.

And Carter has a open part of field for dump offs as Moore and Deebo will force D to go wherever they go.Add in 2 hybrid pass catching TEs and Zach has MULTIPLE safety valves. It forces the D to keep LBs for rusing as too many great YAC guys playing close to line.

why   would SF do this? and taking an injury prone guy like that is probably not the best move. Safety valves TE TE RB RB WR WR

Deebo Samuel is a unique, great player who clearly loves football.  

His swag, YAC, and chunk plays are invigorating to the team and fans.  The Jets need energy in the stadium and he provides as much as anyone in the NFL.

JD, find a fair offer and get it done…

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hard to imagine he'd want to come here

Jets don't seem to be a hot destination this offseason, but our system and coaches are familiar to him. Plus money. I think our chances are higher than 0 as of right now. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hard to imagine he'd want to come here

I think that is the case for the vast majority of players, but reason exists to believe Deebo could be a rare exception?

He is familiar with the Jets coaching staff and might like them?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Bottom line is the Jets cannot afford to miss on another star WR. Deebo will not go for more than Tyreek did

Completely disagree it’s the “bottom line.”   Upgrading the position is very important, but the end all be all of having to pay a WR 25 mil a year while giving up massive draft capital is most certainly not the only way to do it.

• Upvote 2

On 4/14/2022 at 7:06 PM, SouthernJet said:

I don't think it's a good idea to give up #10 and #38 in 2022 for pick #36 in 2019.

We have to face the fact that the only way this team will become good/great is if our GM can find his own Deebo at #10 or #35 or #38 or...

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Wasn't there a rumor a bit ago that two confirmed teams in on the DeeBo were the Jets & Ravens?

What does a defense do with DeeBo running a pre-snap jet motion with Lamar under center and Dobbins in the backfield? 

Anyways, I prefer McLaurin, but beggars can't be choosers.

friday movie GIF

This was tweeted yesterday but this account catches a lot of flak for being inaccurate. It’s got a lot of followers but only 1-2 are people who are connected. Definitely interesting though that a day later this develops

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So some of you are willing to give up a boatload of picks and money for a guy who is stomping his feet because things aren’t going his way? The 49ers want to pay him but he is just doesn’t want to play for them and make life difficult a la James Harden?  How’s this going to work out in NY with our fans and media when things dont go smoothly and the going gets tough? Didn't we just go through this with LeVeon Bell? Is this the player we want moving foward with our young impressionable locker room? Hell no 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What does draft slot have to do with anything?

Don’t want to give up a higher draft slot than the guy you’re trading for, you wouldn’t trade pick 4 in 2022 for pick 10 in 2017 (Mahomes).

• Upvote 1