Bomb for Bryce

TommyT

Sure, why not. If we perpetually suck every year, we're bound to hit one eventually. I think Wilson will rise to next level and be our generational talent. Cut this dude some slack

We need defense, we need S and CB. We need a pass rusher and a stud DT. This year we should draft Sauce and Hamilton, or Sauce and Jordan Davis maybe. Zach has built up a lot of chemistry with Vyncent and Jeff Smith, I don’t think we should mess with that. Plus with Berrios cementing his spot I think our offense will be unstoppable.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We need defense, we need S and CB. We need a pass rusher and a stud DT. This year we should draft Sauce and Hamilton, or Sauce and Jordan Davis maybe. Zach has built up a lot of chemistry with Vyncent and Jeff Smith, I don’t think we should mess with that. Plus with Berrios cementing his spot I think our offense will be unstoppable.

Is there a single poster on this entire forum that has hyped either Smith as being any part of this team?

Berrios ... maybe one or two :D - but no-one thinks we are OK running it back with Smith and Smith.

• Sympathy 1

Is there a single poster on this entire forum that has hyped either Smith as being any part of this team?
Berrios ... maybe one or two  - but no-one thinks we are OK running it back with Smith and Smith.

OurWR unit as it stands is one injury away from the return of the Smiths. Davis missed 8 games last year, Moore missed 7. With both of them out our WR unit is Berrios at 1, the Smiths behind him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TommyT said:

Silly thought regarding drafting a qb in 2023, but some say Bryce Young might be in the generational talent category. You never know.

Let's begin the discussion if the Jets are 2-6 or worse around midway.  Otherwise you're kinda too early...   way too early...  much like 

man-looking-sad-about-premature-ejaculat

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Cool thought.  The sad reality is that we will likely be looking at another high draft pick given the strength of the AFC and, in particular, AFE East.

Not sure about that.  If Zach Wilson actually turns out to be a decent QB, the Jets will probably win 8 to 10 games.  The season is really riding on Wilson.

If he turns out to be a flop, I expect that JD and RS will see the writing on the wall and prepare to "ROSEN" him in 2023.

Sooooooo much comes down to the QB.  No QB = No Chance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Berrios ... maybe one or two :D - but no-one thinks we are OK running it back with Smith and Smith.

This is what some don't seem to get.  I am advocating for defense in the first round because that is where the strength of this draft lies.  That is not the same as saying ignore offennse in the draft.  If we have not added at least one playmaker in R2 and preferably two by the end of day 2, I will be upset.

Reaching for a WR is how you end up drafting Corey Davis at 5.  Or John Ross at 9.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is what some don't seem to get.  I am advocating for defense in the first round because that is where the strength of this draft lies.  That is not the same as saying ignore offennse in the draft.  If we have not added at least one playmaker in R2 and preferably two by the end of day 2, I will be upset.

Reaching for a WR is how you end up drafting Corey Davis at 5.  Or John Ross at 9.

If Thibs is there, some would retort (not me) that reaching for Edge is like drafting Vernon Gholston at 6.  

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If Thibs is there, some would retort (not me) that reaching for Edge is like drafting Vernon Gholston at 6.  

I don't  think I would compare Thibs with BBWK. Wasn't  Vernon one thise players that had an amazing combine or workout and shot up the board based on that? Thibs at lease has some impressive film. 

51 minutes ago, Lith said:

Or Lam Jones at #2. Sorry.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TommyT said:

Silly thought regarding drafting a qb in 2023, but some say Bryce Young might be in the generational talent category. You never know.

Don’t worry. JD has played this to perfection. If Wilson is the real deal, we don’t need to bomb. But if Wilson is not the real deal, we still don’t need to bomb. It’s gonna happen on it own. Not like we built the 85 Bears D or all pros around the QB. We’re sh*t all around and only a miraculous leap by the QB can save us. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think I would compare Thibs with BBWK. Wasn't  Vernon one thise players that had an amazing combine or workout and shot up the board based on that? Thibs at lease has some impressive film. 

BBWK was Dwayne Robertson, not Gholston.  You have your 1st round busts mixed-up.  At least the BBWK actually played decently for a while.

Ugh, I hate this thread, I really just rather wish and hope and think maybe Zach doesnt actually suck but it's possible he just does.  That said, if it does happen, I think I'm done with this franchise and drafting QB's.  Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade and just admit you cant do something.  I gave up trying to hit a draw.  Cant do it consistently but bet your bottom dollar I can hit a nice little butter cut 9 times out of 10 and as soon as I gave up trying, I started shaving strokes.  lol 

Go find a vet and hope to hit lightening in the bottle for a little while.  When I think of the best offensive teams in our history, they were led by veterans we picked up in trade or FA; Fitz and Testaverde.  Be cowards like the Colts.  At this point, mediocrity would be a welcomed change. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He had 14 sacks in his senior year at Ohio State, two of which, IIRC, were against Jake Long. So he had that one year wonder enticement along with measurables. But he was stiff, a bull rusher, lacked aggression -- and that went nowhere in the NFL.

• Upvote 1