• A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D
    • D-
    • F
  3. 3. #4 - OT Evan Neal / #10 - CB Derek Stingley Jr.

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D
    • D-
    • F
  4. 4. #4 - WR Chris Olave / #10 - Edge Jermaine Johnson II

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D
    • D-
    • F
  5. 5. #4 - S Kyle Hamilton / #10 - DL Devonte Wyatt

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D
    • D-
    • F
  6. 6. #4 - OT Ikem Ekwonu / #10 - LB Devin Lloyd

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D-
    • D
    • F

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

or trade out of 10 and join the happy part of round 1 with some extra capital. 

I agree, would love to see a trade down from 10.  I didn’t put that as an option because the thread is who we should take at our spots in the 1st and a trade down requires a willing partner.

Looking at the options presented and thinking back through all of the draft discussions, to me it seems almost impossible for JD to get an A unless he finds a way to trade down.

Too many questions with all of the top prospects and none of them really warrant #4.   I know Thibodeaux might be great, but he also might bust hard.   OT presents great value early, but seems like a terrible waste of resources for this team.  We need a reciever, but are any of them really worth #4.    A safety at 4?  Where is the puke emoji?

As Jetsy as it gets.   2 top 10 picks in a draft with weak top level talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree, would love to see a trade down from 10.  I didn’t put that as an option because the thread is who we should take at our spots in the 1st and a trade down requires a willing partner.

I think there will be enough willing partners for 10.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I like Wyatt and Lloyd a lot and feel they are positions of need for the team.  But not at #4/#10

I feel the same way about sauce. Sure we could use another corner and he's the best available. But we don't need a cb like we need edge/WR. I'd be just fine drafting Kyler Gordon at 38. It doesn't need to be sauce or Stingley. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Option 2 gives us upside at edge and a high floor contributor at WR, 2 positions of  great need.  It is probably the best case.  Unfortunately I think Wilson goes before 10, which is the problem with this otherwise best scenario.  WRs will all go higher than graded.  If JD likes London, he can take Thib at 4.  Otherwise I would reach for Wilson at 4 and hope for JJohnson at 10.  

thankfully I think Ikey goes before 4.  If he does not, we will take him.  

we should be prepared for JD to discount the WRa again.  Look for crumbs left at 35. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

1. Hutch

2. Walker

3. Sauce

4. Jets trade down with Saints/Steelers

5. Icky

6. Neal

7. Thib

8. Wilson

9. Cross

10. JJ

Trading from # 4 overall to 18 (Saints) or 20 (Steelers)??? ... That is Way Too Much of a drop... from #10 to 18 or 20 I can see but not from 4.

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

I want to see KT @ 4, and then I want to see the Jets trade out of 10 to like the teens, and pick Burks. I think he's a perfect fit for this team, but I know some will have a problem picking him at 10. 

The Jets have been so void of wr talent for so long, if you are the gm and you believe burks is the answer you don't get cute...you pick him at 10.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pajet said:

The Jets have been so void of wr talent for so long, if you are the gm and you believe burks is the answer you don't get cute...you pick him at 10.

I don't disagree at all, but the draftniks get hung up on 'value' a lot. I am hopeful that the lack of conversation around Burks is a good sign, but that's probably tinfoil hat thinking by me. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

I don't disagree at all, but the draftniks get hung up on 'value' a lot. I am hopeful that the lack of conversation around Burks is a good sign, but that's probably tinfoil hat thinking by me. 

i think a better way to phrase the question is, what combination will result in the most wins.  When you view it in terms of wins, i would vote for edge and wr.

• Upvote 1

There are 3 combinations that got an A/B+ from me. The rest of the options were truly unappealing. 

1. Thib. + Wilson: Thib for obvious reasons- he's a premier edge rusher despite the rumors. As far as Wilson, although I'm not a huge fan of WR at 10, I do believe the Jets need another top end WR for Zach and if we were to take a WR early Wilson is the one I'd want (Olave second). 

2. JJ + Olave: I think it would be JJ at 4 and Olave at 10. But for similar reasons as above, JJ is a top tier Edge and Olave is one of my favorite WRs in the draft. This got a B+ from me. But if the draft went down this way, I would be more than satisfied and I would have faith in JD that he did his due diligence and the Jets were taking guys they really wanted. 

3. Ekwonu + Lloyd: LOVE both of these players. You can talk all you want about how we don't need another OT or how Lloyd isn't a premium position, but these two guys (along with Gardner and maybe Neal) are some of the safest top end prospects in this draft and could very well end up being the best players in the draft. I would honestly have zero issue with the Jets taking these two players, depending on how the rest of the draft went down.    

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I would actually prefer Neal and Stingley to Sauce and London.

There's zero chance that Douglas/Saleh don't address the trenches with one of those picks.

I don't get the love for Neal.  I've never seen an O-lineman who gets as much attention as he does find himself tossed to the ground so often.  I've watched UDFA types get their hands on him and toss him aside.  Wondered if I was crazy in what I was seeing and a couple weeks later heard Neal in an interview and he said himself that the biggest hole in his game is how often he ends up on the ground.  Does he clean that up against better competition?  Maybe.  But am I taking a guy that early who has to clean that up?  Nah.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Anything with a WR in the top 10 is a bad day at the office.

Thib. and Wilson is easily my top choice. With Thib. and Olave a close second. 

However, there are a couple scenarios where the Jets may prefer other Edge/WR combinations. I think they really like Olave and Burks (and they had Jameson Williams in for a visit). At Edge Walker seems to be a perfect fit for the system and fits the JD 'player profile'- he was also in for a visit. JJ has to be an option they are considering but I kind of would be surprised if he ended up being the pick.   

Don't be surprised if the most Jetsiest fashion Thib. goes in the top 3 and they take Walker at 4 because he is such a great system fit and JD loves the athletic profile. Then Wilson is off the board and the Jets take Burks at 10 because they seem to really, really like him. 

Walker and Burks? This should have DEFINITELY BEEN ON THE LIST OF OPTIONS LOL! 

• Upvote 1