Woody to be “very involved” in this years draft

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It is so vaguely explained "very involved in the teams's draft..."

What does that mean? Picking players? I doubt it. He never picked who were were drafting under any other regime.

Listening in on war room discussions? Probably and appropriately, he is the owner. 

I mean...what is Tony doing here other than pissing off his fellow Jet family and creating click bait? 

Or there if a draft pick gets traded for a player that needs an extension? ? 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Or Douglas purposely leaked this because he's frustrated with Woody's involvement.

I know when my boss, comes out of no where, and gets involved with my sh*t it's incredibly frustrating. 

Think about what Tony is saying without saying it... Why would Woody Need to be involved if not picking a draft pick... ? Read between the lines... 

• Post of the Week 1

Woody is a jackass with ZERO football scouting skills.  Z-E-R-O.

Woody Johnson is the biggest reason why this team perpetually sucks. 

Hey dumbass Woody, stay the F away from the draft,  you moron.

And, in case you didn't already know, most Jets fans hate you.

(edited: to milder content)

• Upvote 3

Just now, peekskill68 said:

My take is different.  I think his involvement may be more related to off field issues.  Guarantee Woody was up to his eyeballs with the Tyreek Hill dialogue and it wasn't just the money.  He needs to protect his brand.  

Nope... There are other reasons he would be involved for though.... ? 

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Think about what Tony is saying without saying it... Why would Woody Need to be involved if not picking a draft pick... ? Read between the lines... 

What I see is an owner that has consistently put PR over winning.  And willing to do whatever it takes to trade for Deebo - even if that means offering far more than Joe believes is worth it - If Joe even wanted to be involved in the first place.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Not buying this report. Sorry. 

If by involved they mean he wants to be in the room to hear discussions, that's fine. Woody is a fan and owner, which allows him such access. 

If by involved they mean he'll influence picks, sorry, not buying that. JD demanded full control when he came here. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What I see is an owner that has consistently put PR over winning.  And willing to do whatever it takes to trade for Deebo - even if that means offering far more than Joe believes is worth it - If Joe even wanted to be involved in the first place.

OK... And if the jets 'overpay' for deebo is that the worst thing in the world... 

5 minutes ago, harts724 said:

OMG some of you guys are soooo gullible ?

So you think one of the meddlesome owners in the NFL - goes away for 4 years - and comes back and all of a sudden is going to sit back and just watch?

Now,  we have a GM that's acting completely out of character from what we've seen of him the past 2 1/2 years - 

and we're "gullible" for believing this is possible?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Not buying this report. Sorry. 

If by involved they mean he wants to be in the room to hear discussions, that's fine. Woody is a fan and owner, which allows him such access. 

If by involved they mean he'll influence picks, sorry, not buying that. JD demanded full control when he came here. 

Demanded it to Chris. 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

OK... And if the jets 'overpay' for deebo is that the worst thing in the world... 

Well yes.  

It would be a clear sign that Woody is heavily involved and the team's personnel decision making and we're doomed to continued failure.   The Deebo move in a vacuum may or may not be worth it - but we need to look at the long term implications of Woody's day to day involvement.

Once again, back pages will take precedence over long term success.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Does anyone really think it was a coincidence that once Woody returns, Douglas forsakes his plan to build through the draft and is willing to trade extremely valuable draft picks for a WR?  It's not.  This has Woody's fingerprints all over this. 

"And with the fourth pick in the 2022 NFL draft, Woody Johnson selects Kayvon Ekwonu". 

Legit your best post of all time.

• Upvote 1