Someone is trying to give Michael Carter credit for the Mike White game!!

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Good

Mike White is Brooks Bollinger with an extra 4 inches (giggity).

The Jets didn’t even see fit to give him more than the original round tender.

And still no one was willing to give a 5th rounder (or even less) for this guy. If you think Douglas wouldn’t have shipped his ass off for a chance to get back into the 5th or 6th round in late April, then you’re a dildo.

They’re committed to Flacco as the main backup for at least another year.

Mike White will have a nice story to tell his grandkids in 30 years…and that’s about it.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. 

• Haha 1

As far as classic drop back signal callers go, Mike White is the best looking QB the Jets have had since Kenny O'Brien. He brought something (charisma, excitement) to the team that I hadn't seen at that position since Joe Namath. I hope he is the starter by the time we start our cold weather games this season.

• WTF? 1

Carter had over 170 yards from scrimmage that day, featuring about a quarter of the Great White Hope’s passing yards, so… 

I still can’t believe that team made it to the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

Nobody can throw a 2 yd pass like Mike White. NOBODY!

With the worst Offensive Line in the game he was under pressure on every snap including running plays, the guy HAD to throw quick hitters

So many mindless narratives..  

The Jets are likely a better team having a guy like Mike White.  He is what he is and I think that’s a quality backup QB capable of moving THIS offense and scoring points.  See Bengals full game (not couple clips) and Colts before getting hurt.

Yes, he’s fragile and is very capable of throwing multiple interceptions in a game.  See the Bills game.

Who cares if he checks down to Carter?  That’s smart.  He also hit plenty of clutch mid range throws that Wilson did not.  

I'm assuming this is a ‘reaction’ to some fans and media anointing him the savior after the Bengals game last year.  That doesn’t make Mike White more or less than what he is, and I’d take him any day over the cluster____ of backups the Jets have embarrassingly marched onto the field in years past.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

As far as classic drop back signal callers go, Mike White is the best looking QB the Jets have had since Kenny O'Brien. He brought something (charisma, excitement) to the team that I hadn't seen at that position since Joe Namath. I hope he is the starter by the time we start our cold weather games this season.

LOL ok

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

With the worst Offensive Line in the game he was under pressure on every snap including running plays, the guy HAD to throw quick hitters

what happened to those quick hitters vs Buffalo?

Cincy had just a half a game tape on him. Indy didnt have enough time to prepare on Thursday night. Buffalo took those short passes away and force him to throw downfield and he failed. he is a one trick pony. thats why nobody took the Tender we offered for him.

and thats the funny thing here. with all those teams needing QBs and a poor QB draft class nobody took that Tender and signed White. so its not just JD and Saleh who thinks he is not good enough to start.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

Cincy had just a half a game tape on him. Indy didnt have enough time to prepare on Thursday night. Buffalo took those short passes away and force him to throw downfield and he failed. he is a one trick pony. thats why nobody took the Tender we offered for him.

Cincy just played a soft underneath zone and waited for him to implode -- but he didn't. He made all the short, easy throws the system asked him to and the offense cruised against a defense that failed to adjust.

The real question is why couldn't Zach Wilson make those throws during 90% of the season.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So mean of all the Jets receivers to unanimously refuse to run after the catch when Zach was playing. ????

No it means no matter how you spin it White is  going to be the inactive 3rd QB this year behind the corpse of Joe Flacco 

Cincy just played a soft underneath zone and waited for him to implode -- but he didn't. He made all the short, easy throws the system asked him to and the offense cruised against a defense that failed to adjust.
The real question is why couldn't Zach Wilson make those throws during 90% of the season.

I’m sure Zach watched that tape a thousand times and will be better because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is why their o/u is a mere 5.5

As mentioned, 31 trans decided White wasn’t worth a 5th td pick

its weird it’s almost like someone called out the “breakout “  game as Carter’s and not Whites last season and was proven right loll

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I guess you didn't watch the last 6 games of the season. ?... Literally the games right after the Cincy game... Obviously Zach watched & Learned... imo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

As mentioned, 31 trans decided White wasn’t worth a 5th td pick

its weird it’s almost like someone called out the “breakout “  game as Carter’s and not Whites last season and was proven right loll

What do the opinions of 31 trans people have to do with whether Mike White is worth a high Draft pick?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

what happened to those quick hitters vs Buffalo?

and thats the funny thing here. with all those teams needing QBs and a poor QB draft class nobody took that Tender and signed White. so its not just JD and Saleh who thinks he is not good enough to start.

After we start out 0-9 thanks in large part to Zach I think you will come around to Mike white

• Haha 1