Connor Hughes

Guy teased for over 4-6-8 weeks "a life changing, career changing opportunity that he could not turn down".

Kept saying it.

Kept pumping it.

Kept playing it up.

He's going to...wait for it...SNY. Ha!

The poor guy.  He was acting like he was going to be anchoring primetime SportsCenter from Bristol, CT.  

What a joke.

Guy is probably a decent kid but, he's a little high on his own supply.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Guy teased for over 4-6-8 weeks "a life changing, career changing opportunity that he could not turn down".

Kept saying it.

Kept pumping it.

Kept playing it up.

The poor guy.  He was acting like he was going to be anchoring primetime SportsCenter from Bristol, CT.  

What a joke.

Thought that was pretty obvious... Must pay way better then the athletic

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I’m not sure why so many Jets fans are putting this dude and a guy like Bienemie or whatever on some sort of pedestal…

They all could eat a bag of dicks and then go do something else afterwards and I’d be none the wiser.

The last time I gave two wet sh*ts for a Jets beat writer was Randy Lange before he left for the Jets official website like 20 years ago and became a full blown homer.

I have to agree.  These guys are interchangeable.  Jet fans fawn over this guy more then our gm, head coach and players.

• Upvote 2

Good for him ... I dont like his content at all .. but being at SNY is nothing to scoff at ... major market sports source.

Hopefully he uses it to grow up and realize he doesnt need to write just to get clicks ... maybe he will realize he has a LOT to learn.

Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Pay at SNY must be straight pay where the athletic was based on how many hits you got and content created.

No athletic wasn't click bait pay... He mentioned that he was glad to get away from that is the reason he joined the athletic. 

• Upvote 1

The coverage of all these wanna-be media is so lame.  They all focus on stats like pass completion/would be sacks/runs but I have yet to see any one of them discuss

How are the ones lining up on offense? 1 TE?, 2 TE?, are they using a FB at all? whats the rotations look like?

ditto on defense? are they using 3 backers, playing nickel? whats the rotation look like on DL or any of the position groups?

All we hear is completions or in-completions that have no context or meaning as they may be trying something new or testing limits...in some markets they actually get this kind of analysis regularly. here we just get shock jock assholes looking to make a name for themselves.

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

The coverage of all these wanna-be media is so lame.  They all focus on stats like pass completion/would be sacks/runs but I have yet to see any one of them discuss

How are the ones lining up on offense? 1 TE?, 2 TE?, are they using a FB at all? whats the rotations look like?

ditto on defense? are they using 3 backers, playing nickel? whats the rotation look like on DL or any of the position groups?

All we hear is completions or in-completions that have no context or meaning as they may be trying something new or testing limits...in some markets they actually get this kind of analysis regularly. here we just get shock jock assholes looking to make a name for themselves.

The Jets don’t allow them to talk about formations or personnel packages. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, kdels62 said:

The Jets don’t allow them to talk about formations or personnel packages. 

They dont even ask the questions at press conf.  Make no speculation in stories they write.  essentially all the stories they write has very little football in them and focus on controversies.  Hell even the Jets own media talks more about this stuff - granted in a puff kinda a way but that is just an excuse for lazy writing and analysis.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Kept saying it.

Kept pumping it.

Kept playing it up.

What a joke.

Why is it a joke?  
He’s taking a step up in his career.  How is that being a “high on his own supply”?  Whatever that means

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Hughes has proven to be a clown.

Guy was pumping himself up to be the next Chris Berman.

And he's gonna be standing at the local high school cafeteria with his little SNY microphone reporting on the cat that got into the tree in Ridgewood.

SNY=The News 12 of Sports Channels

Bart Scott started on SNY TV and had turned it into an ESPN gig.  
If its so easy why don’t you apply.  It has to be at least a little more satisfying and prestigious than starting threads on a message board

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hughes has always been ‘meh’.

It didn’t just start with this recent hyping of his ‘job change’. Good for him, I guess, but I don’t care for reporters that worry more about their brand than the content they create.

Kinda like safeties.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I like Hughes. I don't know if he's "living the dream" but I see no reason to rag on him for what is clearly a big career move in his eyes. At a minimum he's clearly making more money and if he did want to be on ESPN someday, this is the path.

Hell, Mets legend Kevin Burkhardt went from interviewing yahoos at Shea Stadium to announcing the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I'm not a big fan of him - as I find him to be a bit of a troll.

But this is a nice move for him for sure. Covering the Jets and Giants, on TV.  Hopefully SNY starts to produce some better NYJ content.

Maybe they can start with fixing the Jets post game show - I used to love it but the past couple of years it has become unwatchable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Another piece of evidence as to why new posters shouldn't have thread starting privileges and users should need approval before signing up to prevent this stuff.

I think we end up with all the stalking weirdos who end up blocked or in twitter jail. They need a release, so here we are.

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

They dont even ask the questions at press conf.  Make no speculation in stories they write.  essentially all the stories they write has very little football in them and focus on controversies.  Hell even the Jets own media talks more about this stuff - granted in a puff kinda a way but that is just an excuse for lazy writing and analysis.

Zach Rosenblatt who took over for Connor Hughes has been pretty good with his observations. These guys are reporters not analysts they cannot and should not speculate on the tactical. They can ask coaches about struggles in practice but can only report what the coaches say. 

• Upvote 1

this looks like...ya know...local television, to me.

"Dream job"

This is so idiotic. He landed on air gig for one of the largest regional sports networks in country. You know who watches SNY and YES Network? Execs who work for ESPN and NFL Network.