Darnold now leaving on a cart due to injury

thshadow

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

This is too bad.  I am sure I am in the minority, but I wanted to keep Sam, go a different direction with #2 last year, and build the roster to see if he caught fire.

I wish him all the best, and a quick recovery.

I felt the same way at the time.  

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Never like to see injuries to anyone but Sam's agent deserves a medal for the amount of dough he got for his client. He will have an amazing life and I'm happy for him as a human being. 

Meanwhile all my agent got me was a membership to this forum…I suuuuck

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

No offense to Sam but this news is more concerning to me

Have significant exposure to Kamara in fantasy 

Losing Penning would suck 

i play fantasy football but this shows the toxic nature of the game to me. many root for injuries to players so other teams in their league get weaker or only care about injuries because of how it affects their fantasy team. we have a post about a possible injury to a saints tackle, in a thread about a potentially serious injury to a former high profile jets player,  on a jets site main forum because the poster is concerned about his drafting of alvin kamara???? lol are we for real here?  sam darnold was a jet so talking about him makes sense here. nobody cares that you are concerned about trevor penning because of your "significant exposure" to alvin kamra in fantasy.....seriously. maybe if you cared because you were genuinely concerned about players' injuries i'd say whatever. but why are you posting this in a thread about sam darnold and stating this is what you care more about? take this crap somewhere else. no matter what you think of his skills, darnold was a model citizen here and a good kid......it really sucks to hear he had to be carted off the field, and you wanna posts about your f*cking fantasy team......f*cking nonsense

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

i play fantasy football but this shows the toxic nature of the game to me. many root for injuries to players so other teams in their league get weaker or only care about injuries because of how it affects their fantasy team. we have a post about a possible injury to a saints tackle, in a thread about a potentially serious injury to a former high profile jets player,  on a jets site main forum because the poster is concerned about his drafting of alvin kamara???? lol are we for real here?  sam darnold was a jet so talking about him makes sense here. nobody cares that you are concerned about trevor penning because of your "significant exposure" to alvin kamra in fantasy.....seriously. maybe if you cared because you were genuinely concerned about players' injuries i'd say whatever. but why are you posting this in a thread about sam darnold and stating this is what you care more about? take this crap somewhere else. no matter what you think of his skills, darnold was a model citizen here and a good kid......it really sucks to hear he had to be carted off the field, and you wanna posts about your f*cking fantasy team......f*cking nonsense

Sorry about your boyfriend Sam... he is a nice guy. I'm more concerned that over 5 years in he has only gotten worse at processing the pro game than I am about his boo boo. Probably best to not have him with a clipboard on the sideline anyway, the only insight hes gonna have on the gameplan is where he sees the ghosts..... generally on the edge and in the secondary, right Sam?

Sounds like someone took a dump in your shredded wheat this morning. Before we get there ... calm down I'm just ****ing with you., your comment was the yummiest of treats to my trolly sensibilities. I had high hopes for Sam, he is a massive disappointment on the football field, but im sure will do great stuff off of it in life.

Fantasy football has kept some of us heavily engaged in the NFL while the Jets Org has pissed in our mouth and screamed "Swalllow" since our last playoff run 12+ years ago. It's also making the league a ton of money. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Never like to see injuries to anyone but Sam's agent deserves a medal for the amount of dough he got for his client. He will have an amazing life and I'm happy for him as a human being. 

Sam got a slotted amount of money. The only thing the agent did was negotiate offset language.

Feel bad for Sam. This is likely the moment he no longer is viewed as a potential starter. People hating on him is just not right.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Sam got a slotted amount of money. The only thing the agent did was negotiate offset language.

Feel bad for Sam. This is likely the moment he no longer is viewed as a potential starter. People hating on him is just not right.

Not talking about the draft contract. Talking about whatever drugs the agent slipped into Rhule and Teppers’ mint juleps to get them to pick up that 5th year option.

And “hating” (most over and wrongly used word in modern English) is at best an oversimplication. He is a crappy QB. It’s not “hating” to point that out. And so what if he loses his job? Frees up a starting job for someone else. It’s zero sum.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not talking about the draft contract. Talking about whatever drugs the agent slipped into Rhule and Teppers’ mint juleps to get them to pick up that 5th year option.

And “hating” (most over and wrongly used word in modern English) is at best an oversimplication. He is a crappy QB. It’s not “hating” to point that out. And so what if he loses his job? Frees up a starting job for someone else. It’s zero sum.

It wasn't directed at you, just some people who seem to be happy he got injured.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

JMO, but if you cannot separate reasonable disappointment that a guy didn't work out, with expressing glee or gloating when he suffers an injury later on....you may be taking all this too seriously.

“Sam is a terrible QB.”

”You want Sam to literally die!”

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re correct. The English language has been oversimplified due to the lack of education in our modern American society. 

Criticizing and criticism does not equate “hating,” it’s just pointing out the obvious observations which are NOT ALWAYS flaws, but usually are the first to be pointed out. 

it sucks he got injured, but objectively speaking, he’s been well-remunerated for what has been a pretty mediocre career further dogged by random and unfortunate injuries/STIs

44 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't think the agent had anything to do with it. Picking up the fifth year option was always the plan from the moment the Panthers decided to trade a 2nd round pick for him. You don't trade that much draft capital for a 1 year rental.

21 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I don't think the agent had anything to do with it. Picking up the fifth year option was always the plan from the moment the Panthers decided to trade a 2nd round pick for him. You don't trade that much draft capital for a 1 year rental.

One of the legendary unforced errors in league history… if only someone had called it that at the time…

12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ice up Sam 

Lol. Reminds me of playing as a kid, 8th grade I think. It was practice and it was late fall in North Jersey, at night and cold as hell. Smashed my hand on a teammates facemask. Blood, instant purple around it. Thought for sure it was broken. Our coach had a line every time something like that happened: 'It's just a buzz! It's just a buzz!' Wasn't broken but was sure as sh*t more than a buzz, lol.