Jets open up as 7.5 point underdogs to GB

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Are you going to back that up with a bit on the ml as well?

Yes, I am... I often sprinkle on ML  but you just know that DK will have all sorts of boosts for this game.  Waiting till those come out. Meanwhile, getting the TD hook at -110 seems solid.  1st Unit of the week placed.

For the record, I had a half unit on Hall > 50.5 rush yds at +100 along with a unit on Jets +3.5 and and another half unit on Jets +3.  I didn't do my usual ML sprinkle as I should have.  Did the Hall bet instead.   Just watch Hall's prop numbers go way up this week. 

• Upvote 1

Devil's advocate:

The Jets won one game on a miracle, one game in the last seconds to the worst team in the NFL and were a missed FG away from losing the lead to a team on a third string QB who never took a snap before. 

That's what the line makers see the Jets as right now.  Similar to how they viewed the Giants going into London. That spread was higher and it was a neutral site!

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The more I think bout this game, the more I am sensing the Jets are going to blow the Packers out.

Am I crazy?

I feel like we are on the upswing and the Pack are ready to implode.

You nailed yesterday and deserve all the accolades that come with that - but blowout?

maybe save that for the broncos?

2 weeks ago I would have said you are crazy - not going to do that now and be a mush

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2022 at 9:20 PM, Rhg1084 said:

I mean bet everything you own on the Jets. GB is awful 

CB7ED140-2DB1-47B2-8853-09AA5C7022D2.png

i can't believe people are falling for the jets in this spot.

some of the takes are awful.  we beat brisset, trubisky/pickett and some 3rd stringer i don't even know his name.  

"it gonna get ugly"....but unlike peanut boy saving the day. 

tumblr_ow4hhoA68z1qlz1v3o1_500.jpg.3691b98b3f0f4af38dda7de72f98bae6.jpg

On 10/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

The more I think bout this game, the more I am sensing the Jets are going to blow the Packers out.

Am I crazy?

The Jets are coming off of a 2 win streak. They have feel good vibes and are probably in the best position to play well with all the momentum. After a Packers loss GB is feeling down and don't have that momentum.

On the flip side, the Packers just blew a lead to a NY team and have been humbled. Aaron Rodgers isn't going to let that happen 2 weeks in a row. While the Jets defense is pretty good, they have played the last 2 weeks against rookie QBs. Rodgers is one of the best to ever play the game and we really don't know which version of the Jets defense we will see.

So you may be crazy, or you may be right like you have been. To me it looks like it could go either way. One thing I do know is we would all call you crazy and write your post off as "Joe W. Namath at it again" if this was 2 weeks ago.

• Haha 1

This game is hard to call. I’m still not sure about what the Packers (and Jets) are, seeing that it’s still relatively early. On paper we’re the more talented team but they have Rodgers so I guess we’ll see. The safe bet would be the Packers for obvious reasons. I’d feel more confident in the Jets if this was at MetLife Stadium. 

• Upvote 1

guys i know you like to fight me on this but the rest of the world is telling us that we beat 2 nobody QBs and a decent backup.

we went to fight the 2nd toughest guy on our block but he couldnt make it so we got his wimpy little brother. who stood tow to tow with us for 3/4 of the fight. in a few weeks we wont even remember his name.

the week before we beat another wimp and he was beating us for 3/4 of the fight. and in Clev it took a miracle, so its understandable why the rest of the world has no faith in us. 

we beat Rodgers we are favorite against Denver. if not we go in there as dogs. we got to prove we can hang with the big boys. 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, heymangold said:

other than aaron jones, what talent do they have on offense?  Cobb?  Doubs?  Watson?  the packers couldn't stop daniel jones and the WR group equivalent of a HS team.  and you're telling me the giants have better talent on defense than the jets?  7.5 is a disrespect based off week 5 results and performances.

Has Bart Scott said that the Packers' defense "can't stop a nose bleed" yet?

On 10/10/2022 at 10:21 AM, BigRy56 said:

I would not be surprised at all if the Jets went to Green Bay coming off a loss to the Giants and got beat by 10+ points. Quarterbacks like Rodgers typically don't lose twice in a row to teams they are supposed to be better than

Key part is supposed to be better than.  
Where?  At QB sure but where are the Packers scary good, decidedly better?  
Teams change from year to year, their window closed two years ago.  They’re good, not a given anymore.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Am I crazy?

Yes, you are crazy.

The Packers are under the microscope this week after wetting the bed in London.

We’re going to be tested this week. 
But, that’s a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

guys i know you like to fight me on this but the rest of the world is telling us that we beat 2 nobody QBs and a decent backup.

we went to fight the 2nd toughest guy on our block but he couldnt make it so we got his wimpy little brother. who stood tow to tow with us for 3/4 of the fight. in a few weeks we wont even remember his name.

the week before we beat another wimp and he was beating us for 3/4 of the fight. and in Clev it took a miracle, so its understandable why the rest of the world has no faith in us. 

we beat Rodgers we are favorite against Denver. if not we go in there as dogs. we got to prove we can hang with the big boys. 

is Teddy really the second toughest guy on our block?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Teams change from year to year, their window closed two years ago.  They’re good, not a given anymore.  

I hope so my man - give me 4-2 with a win in Green Bay!!!!

On 10/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Am I crazy?

You are crazy

The last time Green Bay lost a home game by more than 1 score is December 2018 and they sat their starters in that game

I advised my buddy to take a parlay on Jets ML + Cowboys ML last week.  He thought was nuts but when he made out with a little bag he was quite appreciative.

I'm not feeling the ML, but I like the TD spread.  I do think we will be leading in the 4th at some point, but Rogers is still Rogers.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

its all the QB. there window to win a SB might be closed or closing but they will still win around 12 games this year.

there 3-2 without Adams. Mahomes is 4-1 without Hill. Brady loses Welker and Edleman comes off the bench to be a star. great QBs can carry a subpar roster.

if Zach is as good a we hope he is going to get a 40-50 mil a year contract. all these young players we like we wont be able to keep. but it wont matter cause if Zach is that good he will make Jeff Smith look like a WR1. are window is now till 2024

as long as Rodgers is in GB, they are better than us. because they can score more than we can.

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

its all the QB. there window to win a SB might be closed or closing but they will still win around 12 games this year.

there 3-2 without Adams. Mahomes is 4-1 without Hill. Brady loses Welker and Edleman comes off the bench to be a star. great QBs can carry a subpar roster.

if Zach is as good a we hope he is going to get a 40-50 mil a year contract. all these young players we like we wont be able to keep. but it wont matter cause if Zach is that good he will make Jeff Smith look like a WR1. are window is now till 2024

as long as Rodgers is in GB, they are better than us. because they can score more than we can.

Great QBs can keep mediocre teams competitive.  They can’t turn shlt into,stars.  That’s fanspeak.  Rogers hasn’t been able to turn his mediocre group of WRs into stars on their own.  If the receivers improve, as they will, they’ll produce well because of the QB.  But let’s not make it like Hill was the only receiver in KC and magically Mahomes is producing.  He has weapons and has Kelce.  
I watched Marino every season he suited up, every game vs the Jets.  He was always the best player on the field and we we beat him as well as we lost and at times we’re the better team 

• Upvote 2