Plan at RB

bd71

So what does everyone think will be the plan at RB for the rest of the season?  Roll with Carter, Johnson, Knight?  Trade picks for an established RB?  Do they try and move a player or two (Bryce Hall, Mims, etc. for a RB?  Should be interesting to see what JD's plan is, especially when this Jets team could be a playoff team.

16 minutes ago, bd71 said:

So what does everyone think will be the plan at RB for the rest of the season?  Roll with Carter, Johnson, Knight?  Trade picks for an established RB?  Do they try and move a player or two (Bryce Hall, Mims, etc. for a RB?  Should be interesting to see what JD's plan is, especially when this Jets team could be a playoff team.

I think JD explores a trade but if one doesn't fit within price they bring up Bam

• Thumb Down 2

BTW - for everyone that laughed at us for saying you don't draft a RB high, this is part of the reasoning behind it. It's a position with a very high rate of injury and with an ACL it's unlikely he is the same guy when he comes back. I'm not laughing at all and was loving watching him destroy opposing defenses, but now what do we even have?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

BTW - for everyone that laughed at us for saying you don't draft a RB high, this is part of the reasoning behind it. It's a position with a very high rate of injury and with an ACL it's unlikely he is the same guy when he comes back. I'm not laughing at all and was loving watching him destroy opposing defenses, but now what do we even have?

He was a 2nd round pick.

Setting aside just how brutal this is for the team, fans and Breece  I think JD will explore some possible moves.

1. I dont think Akers is for us.  He blew some pass pro reps early in the season and doesnt seem to have the attitude we want.

2. I thin the price for Kareem Hunt will be too high, but he is definitely the most talented of the possible additions.

3. Jeff Wilson would be the smartest move IMO.  Knows the system, is now the 3rd RB and SF may try to recoup some picks.  4th/5th round is likely what he would cost.

I know we dont want to give up picks and I also think Zonovan Knight could be a good player but we really cant overuse Carter and Ty Johnson is just not a player we want getting a lot of touches. This team has 5 wins and a borderline elite defense so if it costs a mid round pick to make the playoffs, I think its worth it

My initial feeling is that they would ride with who they have. Making any RB move before the deadline would suggest to me that they’re all in on the possibility of making the playoffs this year. I’m also not nearly as high on Knight as others here. I’d prefer a guy with a little better athletic profile. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I think JD explores a trade but if one doesn't fit within price they bring up Bam

Pretty much. 

I mean, personally, I don't see anything special in Bam, like, at all. But he's a strong, hard-nosed runner that would be a good change-up to Carter. 

What makes the most sense is to bring in a veteran RB with some gas left in the tank-- assuming you can get him for a 6th, maybe a 5th rounder. 

Otherwise, you roll with who you got and its next man up- Carter, Ty, then Bam. 

I think JD is a bargain basement shopper in these types of situations. And unless a guy becomes available in FA or JD is able to get him by giving up minimal trade value, we are sticking with our depth.  

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Acl tears aren’t a death sentence anymore. By that logic, why draft anyone high then if there’s a risk for injury?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is silly. DL and DBs have higher rates of ACL injuries than RBs, so I guess we shouldn’t’ve drafted Quinnen, Sauce, or JJ, either. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

averageLifespan.thumb.png.1d445e11ed5d669aa76348bb2dad34a6.png

I don’t care about this, either. You draft a player to play for your team for his four or five year rookie deal. When it comes time to extend him, that’s another conversation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is crowded in Washngton's backfield.  Antonio Gibson may be available.

I would stay pat though.  This team is still a year or 2 away.  You dont go trading draft picks at this point.

They're 5-2 on a 4 game win streak with 4 road wins, their time is right now. It's like you guys are scared of winning. 

• Sympathy 1