Jets acquire James Robinson [merged]

Larz

3 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

How can you hate this… like for real? How many 6th rounders crack the starting lineup on nfl teams each year… 3-4? He is better than bam and Ty and the ceiling at full health is better than MC. 

James Robinson could keep us in playoff contention if he can get working back to full health. You will need him come 4-5 weeks from now when the jets are finally playing meaningful games in December. 

I hate it because we could of spent a little more and got a RB not coming off an Achilles injury. If we’re going to get a guy, get a guy that isn’t coming off what is still considered an injury rbs never recover from. 

• Thumb Down 3

Pre-Draft——low maintenance, blue collar & pass pro….Traits Douglas loves!

Strengths

Gobbled up yardage and touchdowns as three-year starter

Coaches praise his low-maintenance, blue-collar work ethic

Effective jump step eludes early penetrators

Anticipates run-lane development

Patience and vision to find daylight near end zone

Rides behind lead blocks, cutting off of them at last second

Balances through contact on an angle

Excellent recognition to scan and find blitz

Will step up and lay it down in pass pro

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I hate it because we could of spent a little more and got a RB not coming off an Achilles injury. If we’re going to get a guy, get a guy that isn’t coming off what is still is considered an injury rbs never recover from. 

Have you watched him play this yr? He looks recovered. He needs to stay healthy.

• Upvote 3

I dig it....

6th round pick to help fill the stable. I understand he’s less than a year removed from an Achilles injury but he’s not coming here to be a lead back. He coming to contribute to our committee with Carter and Ty Johnson.....we needed a bigger back to complement them so I’m fine with it 

• Upvote 4

Just now, extmenace said:

I hate it because we could of spent a little more and got a RB not coming off an Achilles injury. If we’re going to get a guy, get a guy that isn’t coming off what is still is considered an injury rbs never recover from. 

Interesting.
This is an honest question because I can’t think of many rb’s with that injury off the top of my head other than Akers.
who hasn’t recovered from that injury? 
Were you hoping for someone better for a higher draft pick? 

• Upvote 1