<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

By rule, it might be correct. Doesn't mean I agree with it. That should NOT be "roughing the passer." At minimum, at least it enforce it at kickoff or something. Didn't even have any bearing on the actual play. 

Your emotions are overruling your logic on that one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lmfao. undercover pats fan? No I just have eyes and I’m realistic. It was a late hit. But whatever makes u feel better

If you can reverse the call and give the Jets the interception and TD back, that would make me feel better. If you can't do that then keep your lame response

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

We ain't winning this game. 

Feels that way. Mac Jones is playing awful, but the Pats have found out that our LBs can’t cover. On the other side, Zach Wilson has played as well as could be expected and, well, it is what it is. Unless Mac Jones turns it over another two or three times, you have to give Belichick the edge coming out of halftime. 

If I was the Jets, I’d make this The Garrett Wilson game. Just let Zach throw it at him 5-8 more times and see what happens. Pats don’t have anyone who can stay with him 

• Upvote 1

I get that in theory the JFM hit could be considered a legit penalty, but the rather massive problem with that is the same exact hit, and others much more flagrant, are conveniently non-called multiple times in every single game throughout the league.  Wilson has taken much worse hits than that, including cheap shots well out of bounds, that nothing was called on.

Meanwhile, we also get other plays where Jets defenders are called for penalties because apparently it's their fault Mac took a head-first dive.

The problem has never been the core foundation of any one particular rule being right or wrong, it's the ridiculously wide range of totally inconsistent calling from one moment to the next.

• Upvote 1