Crazy Time: Calling it Now

JohnnyLV

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My son texted me this morning saying something similar. He was like it would be funny to see the reversal on Zach if he balls out on Sunday and they win. Whiplash time, bring it on.

It's weird. I get this feeling that the Jets players will react completely different to the NE game than the fans have

Obviously both sides have anger and disappointment but I think the team will

Realize that they were a better team than NE which will raise their confidence

Focus on the good stuff Zach did and not the 3 INTs

and leave the game not shaken but more confident and more unified

I also think that like what Saleh and Ulbrich finally did with our defense I think that LaFleur and Saleh will finally break down and really tailor the offense to Zach in this game.

And I think the Bills will overlook us even if they don't think that they are.

• Upvote 1

I mean it's a divisional game and they're good enough to have a puncher's chance at any game this season, but you play this game 100 times and It think the Jets win like less than 5 of them. The team isn't built to play from behind and I don't really think Zach suddenly breaks out against another top 5 defense who also boasts the NFL's top offense to keep up with.

• Upvote 4

I don't think this game is anywhere near as easy for Buffalo as some of you are saying.  Jets D is for real and I think they will have a plan to mess up the Bills offense enough times to force a lot of punts, FG attempt and probably a turnover or 2. 

Poyer is probably out in the secondary and even though White is back he won't play much if at all.

Last week the Bills played nickel the whole game with deep safeties even though GB were running the whole game because of Rodgers. This week they'll be expecting the Jets to run a lot and will focus on that because Wilson is back there, so he'll have some shots, it's just a question of whether he takes them.

If the Jets can establish a running game they might be able to hit some stuff off the play action. 

I watched the whole Jets game and Wilson throws some incredible passes. I actually said out loud to myself "incredible arm" because he really does throw a 'nice looking' ball. It's not just the power with him, the ball just flies out like a dart. 

He got his horrific int game out the way against the Pats, so this week he should be more careful about throwing it away when everything is covered, so I don't think the Bills feast on turnovers and short fields. I think it'll be pretty low scoring actually and that could work to the Jets advantage in the sense that Allen may get frustrated and force something trying to make a big play. 

Oh and I have a feeling Allen loses a fumble this week. 

• Upvote 4

An upset is not out of the realm of possibility.

They key to beating Buffalo is getting controlled pressure on Allen with your front four.  If you blitz him, he will pick you apart.

The one thing the Jets have been doing well over the last couple of weeks is generating pressure with their front four.

The key again though is controlled pressure, get pressure but in a way the keeps in him in the pocket.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Larz said:

You don’t get trap games in the division. Jones ran on us, Allen might find a few yards. I’m thinking shut out tbh  

34-0

I don’t know about a shutout, but I think this offense going forward, the run game in particular, is going to be a lot worse than most are anticipating.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

You don’t get trap games in the division. Jones ran on us, Allen might find a few yards. I’m thinking shut out tbh  

34-0

good point.  if jones can run on them then they had better do a better job to contain allen.  plus allen isn't going down unless he gets wrapped up.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Dolphins are a better team and beat them with one of the best home field advantages in the league: September Miami heat with the visitor bench baking in the sun.

Barring something crazy happening the Fins won't beat them again this year. Neither will we.

The narrative that the Bills lost because of the heat is way overrated.

Bills outplayed them in every aspect of the game, double the yards, double the 1st downs, double the time of possession.

A number of things went wrong for the Bills...its was just one of those games:

• Phins got an easy touchdown in the 1st quarter on a strip sack of Allen inside the 10.  3 plays, 6 yards - TD
  • Bills cost themselves three points at the end of the half with bad clock management.  Time expired with the Bills at the Miami 25.
  • In the 3rd quarter, the Bills had to settle for a FG after our old friend GVR got called for a holding penalty on 1st and goal.
  • Bills then missed a 38 yard FG on the next possession.
  • The following possession, the Bills got stuffed on the goal line and turned it over on downs.
  • Late in the fourth, the Dolphins last possession, they went nowhere and were forced into taking a safety instead of punting from deep in their end zone.
  • The Bills got the ball back with 1:33, down 2, with no timeouts left.  They were close to attempting a game winning FG when on a 2nd and 10 play at the Miami 43 with 22 second left they got called for another holding penalty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It’s a really fun thought 

last week was such a gut punch, especially after being up 10-3. Game-changing pick on 3rd and short and a game-changing roughing call to wipe out a pick 6. Just a brutal loss. 

I don’t see it, but . . . “From your from lips to God’s ears”

probably the worst loss I can think of in a decade.

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We are going to beat the Bills this weekend. Get ready to jump back on the bandwagon

man I hope so.. I expect nothing, but hope so.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

My son texted me this morning saying something similar. He was like it would be funny to see the reversal on Zach if he balls out on Sunday and they win. Whiplash time, bring it on.

would be crazy and welcome. 

reversal on Zach if he actually has his "superstar" game moment. if its 120yds passing 1TD, 1 INT and the defense and run game carry us then there will be no reversal on Zach, more a confirmation that we are dealing with a lesser Sanchez

Zach will come out swinging against Buffalo.  He'll be stepping up in the pocket and throwing on early downs against the Bills' zone coverage and carving it up.  The defense will do what we did to Josh in our last game against Allen - hold him below 55% completion percentage and frustrate him.  The difference is this Sunday we'll sack him and force at least 1 turnover.

The Jets win and eliminate the foul taste from the loss to the Pats.  We'll rejoice at Zach's 2 TDs and 0 turnovers, 63% completion rate, and 247 yds in the air.  Enter into the bye on a high note, and somehow at the top of the division.

The possibilities are delicious... if Zach is a good QB on Sunday... 

Based on the 5 games he's played thus far, the above feels a little like a drug fueled fantasy... but as a Jets fan, I prefer the above over another week of below replacement level QB play.  I just don't have the confidence to say its a high probability outcome... probably less than 5%.

3 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

Zach will come out swinging against Buffalo.  He'll be stepping up in the pocket and throwing on early downs against the Bills' zone coverage and carving it up.  The defense will do what we did to Josh in our last game against Allen - hold him below 55% completion percentage and frustrate him.  The difference is this Sunday we'll sack him and force at least 1 turnover.

The Jets win and eliminate the foul taste from the loss to the Pats.  We'll rejoice at Zach's 2 TDs and 0 turnovers, 63% completion rate, and 247 yds in the air.  Enter into the bye on a high note, and somehow at the top of the division.

The possibilities are delicious... if Zach is a good QB on Sunday... 

Based on the 5 games he's played thus far, the above feels a little like a drug fueled fantasy... but as a Jets fan, I prefer the above over another week of below replacement level QB play.  I just don't have the confidence to say its a high probability outcome... probably less than 5%.

If you believe in jetsy karma (which I do) then beating buffalo Sunday is the jetsy way.

5 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I don't think this game is anywhere near as easy for Buffalo as some of you are saying.

I agree.  It won't be nearly as bad as many here on JN (including me) are thinking.

My adjusted score:

Bills 34 Jets 3

Chris Simms scolds Jet fans for their negativity after the game.

7 hours ago, heymangold said:

hey the dolphins beat em - anything is possible.  

Unique set of circumstances in that one.  Early season game in Miami when its still basically summer.  And even then, the Bills still played great in that one; they were simply exhausted by the 3rd quarter and had players cramping up all over the place.

Nothing about that game applies to this one.

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Bills outplayed them in every aspect of the game, double the yards, double the 1st downs, double the time of possession.

• Phins got an easy touchdown in the 1st quarter on a strip sack of Allen inside the 10.  3 plays, 6 yards - TD
  • Bills cost themselves three points at the end of the half with bad clock management.  Time expired with the Bills at the Miami 25.
  • In the 3rd quarter, the Bills had to settle for a FG after our old friend GVR got called for a holding penalty on 1st and goal.
  • The following possession, the Bills got stuffed on the goal line and turned it over on downs.
  • Late in the fourth, the Dolphins last possession, they went nowhere and were forced into taking a safety instead of punting from deep in their end zone.
  • The Bills got the ball back with 1:33, down 2, with no timeouts left.  They were close to attempting a game winning FG when on a 2nd and 10 play at the Miami 43 with 22 second left they got called for another holding penalty.

All of those things are true AND the Bills also were visibly exhausted/cramping from the weather.  The game was close because, yes, the Bills were the better team.  They would have won by two scores if not for the weather.  It was very clear to anyone watching that contest. 

Mistakes happen in any game but they weren't the primary reason Buffalo lost a close one; it shouldn't have been close in the first place.

5 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

The home field advantage in Miami in September is a real thing. One of the more difficult road games in the league.