Predicting the remaining schedule at the bye

Facts

4 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

This season is way too wacky, but I would like to see a 4-4 finish at the very least, and I think its doable. 10-7 *should* make the playoffs? Go 5-3 and finish 11-6 and it should basically be a lock. 

Beating NE in 2 weeks would be huge.

Actually 8 games might make the playoffs in the AFC. Seriously. 9 wins is close to a lock. There are only 14 teams in the NFL with winning records. 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Actually 8 games might make the playoffs in the AFC. Seriously. 9 wins is close to a lock. There are only 14 teams in the NFL with winning records. 

Beginning of the year I was confident that 2 of the wildcards would come from the afc west.

f’n genius that I am

• Haha 2

2nd half of the season is not as easy as initially thought.  Bad teams are Lions, Jags and Bears, all of whom stay in games and can play.  NE is a must win, and I think the Minnesota game will say a lot about both overlooked teams.  The Geno Bowl will be tough, Seattle's defense is good.

Second half will be tougher than first half.  Hope for at least 4-4.

• Sympathy 1

The Jets are a good team in a very mediocre league.  The key is beating the Pats and getting 1 win against either Miami or Buffalo.  Get 4 wins in the division the Jets probably win 11 possibly 12 games.  This team is way ahead of schedule.  Need to get more pieces of the OL healthy and playing together.  Could be a really good December push. 

This season has cemented that predicting NFL schedules in advance, no matter how far in advance, is a fool's errand.  Who would've predicted the Jets beat the best team in football, and also get wins @GB and @DEN?  
It would be equally foolish to pencil in wins vs. the Bears, Lions, Jags, or anyone else.
Bears game will be fun though

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I see at least 5 games on the remaining schedule where Jermaine Johnson probably gets a sack.  A few statues and then a couple of mobile dudes who he can track down.  So I'd say he gets 1 vs. Jones, Fields, another vs. Allen, prob gets Goff, and then a big splash play vs. Tua on the last game of the year, maybe in a strip sack game changer type. 

What would that give him 8 sacks on the year.  Pretty good for a rookie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

2nd half of the season is not as easy as initially thought.  Bad teams are Lions, Jags and Bears, all of whom stay in games and can play.  NE is a must win, and I think the Minnesota game will say a lot about both overlooked teams.  The Geno Bowl will be tough, Seattle's defense is good.

Second half will be tougher than first half.  Hope for at least 4-4.

The Jets have faced some of the best defenses in the NFL this year. They will only play 2 top 15 defenses the rest of the season. I think they can get to 11 wins as long as the offense is a balanced attack.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Before the season I was HOPING to be 4-5 going into the bye
That was perceived as a big wish being our 1 st 9 games on paper were tough. Thinking this year base on that record. Could get us between 7&10 wins with 7 or 8 being more realistic
NOW………FCK THAT
Anything less than 10 and a playoff berth in my eyes is a failure at this point. Being what has already happened and expectations now being raised. While if that did happen. Realistically I’d have to look at big picture if we won 8 or 9 and admit what a step in the right direction and future is very bright. But now that can’t happen. We must win 10 or more this FKN year and get into the dance. No more excuses. Next man up mentality.
My prediction is. 11-6. This is a GOOD team THIS year
No more same ol Jets sh1t. DO IT!!’

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I really really really want to stick it to BB up in Foxboro after the bye. I really want that game even more because of the fiasco at home. Besides that 4-4 to end the season gets us to 10-7 and a likely playoff berth. 

Also, I keep looking at Jets vs Phins in Miami week 18 and I believe there will be a lot at stake on that day 

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Bears game actually is one of the few that scares me as a fan... They have trouble with running qbs... But maybe they learned something this past week. 

The fact that Roquan Smith and Quinn were traded makes me think we can run on Bears. As you stated, keeping Field’s in the pocket is the challenge. The Bears WR scare no one

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Beating ne is a must. No excuses. It simply has to end.

I could even accept blowing a trap game later (imagine trap game and jets in the same sentence) but that streak has to end

This.

NE is the biggest game this team has on its schedule right now. This team is immensely more talented than NE. We need to play up to our potential. 

24 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Bears game actually is one of the few that scares me as a fan... They have trouble with running qbs... But maybe they learned something this past week. 

Everyone has trouble with running QBs.  They are unpredictable.  Against the Bills they tried to stop the run and the pass and Allen went for a lot of yards.  I think against the Bears they will have to worry less about the run and pass and can just concentrate on Fields.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Everyone has trouble with running QBs.  They are unpredictable.  Against the Bills they tried to stop the run and the pass and Allen went for a lot of yards.  I think against the Bears they will have to worry less about the run and pass and can just concentrate on Fields.

The Jets made an adjust at half and had a spy on Josh with 6 in coverage.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Exactly what you said before the season and getting more then 10 wins

I did? Anything is possible but I rarely make predictions. I was happy like most to see measurable improvement. The jets have already exceeded those expectations, for sure. I'm just happy to see competitive games and relevance past October 

• Upvote 1

Predicting games is an act of futility in this era of football. We have no way of knowing what state each team will be in when we play them. Will their QB be in or out? Best players in or out? I think it will be a bit of a bummer if we don't go 5-3 in the last 8 because our D travels. Also, I have a feeling Zach will be really good the last part of the season and we'll have a chance to advance in the playoffs.

The schedule doesnt really get easier. I only see 3 games where we will likely be favored (Chi, Jags, Lions). And Chicago is not an easy game. With that said, I think we can pick up 4 wins and go 10-7.

Relative Easy: Lions, Jags: 2-0

Moderately Difficult: Pats, Chicago, and Detroit: 2-1

Tough: Min, Bills, Fins: 0-3

The reality is non of these games are automatic wins but non of them are un-winnable. Just putting in a guess.