Brady may not be retiring for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

he should have just bought bitcoin. bitcoin is down too but that will go back up. FTX is done. Another reminder to never store your bitcoin on an exchange and never, never sh*tcoin.

I agree, I think botcoin will go back up to 19k or 20k. That's  where the support was. These FTX people are screwed. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Someone needs to explain to me how any of this crypto currency is anything other than a ponzi scheme made cool.

read this book. bitcoin is digital gold that solved a real problem. everything else they call "crypto" is a scam worse than fiat.

https://saifedean.com/product/the-bitcoin-standard-hardcover/

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree, I think botcoin will go back up to 19k or 20k. That's  where the support was. These FTX people are screwed. 

the prognosticator I follow has been projecting a dip to 14K for a while so I have a stack set aside to buy at that level. The fall of FTX might push it there. If I had any balls I'd have sold my btc and bought back after the dip but I was too scurred.

31 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I put my entire retirement savings into a '72 Chevelle

72 ??? That's OK, but not ideal

1969 has the looks and 1970 has the balls.  

'69 SS 396 4 speed my favorite muscle car even tough 1970 454 automatic is faster.  

LOVE the mean front grill and tail lights on the 69.  Best in Cortez silver with black hardtop and black racing stripes.  

• Upvote 3

https://nypost.com/2022/11/09/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-now-caught-up-in-ftx-collapse/

Here's a safe link to get a better understanding.

Long story short, Brady and Gisele were involved in this FTX company, what their stake was is unknown.

FTX put out it's own crypto coin called FTT.

It is not known how much Brady and Gisele invested in FTT.

A week ago, FTT was trading at about $25

Now it's trading at about $3.50

So if Brady and Gisele had any money invested in FTT, they took a roughly 80% loss in the last week.

Again, nobody knows exactly how much they had in FTT.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

https://nypost.com/2022/11/09/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-now-caught-up-in-ftx-collapse/

Long story short, Brady and Gisele were involved in this FTX company, what their stake was is unknown.

So if Brady and Gisele had any money invested in FTT, they took a roughly 80% loss in the last week.

Or maybe it crashed because they pulled out their entire investment heading to divorce thus crashing the stock. We do realize all stock prices are overinflated from similar company investment, right?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Dude.  Cue the violins.

They could have lost 100% of their stake, whatever it was, and they'd still be light years better off than 99.9% of the poor pricks in the US or anywhere else.

Brady has some ridiculous 200M (or whatever it was exactly) broadcasting deal with CBS or Fox the moment he retires anyway.

The real "loser" would be a guy like Trevor Lawrence if it's true the Jags pay him 100% in crypto.